***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,791,337 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was just going by what Jake said he was expecting for the number of rehab starts he would need to come back. He specifically said he would need 2 starts
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I've have to disagree on catchers and on the infield.

McCann and Gattis were way more threatening at the plate, and McCann's experience especially in the post-season was a real steadying point for a lot of our guys who had never been there period.

On the infield, Marwin Gonzalez's 2017 season might be the most underrated in recent Astro history. Led the team in RBI with 90, 23 HR, .303 average. No way Diaz compares even a little to that.
Correa is much better now than he was in 2017. Yuli as well. Altuve? He's got more experience, but 2017 was his MVP year, he was the best player in baseball then, and he hadn't developed the yips yet. Bregman? He's much more experienced and had a near-MVP season in 2019, but I'm not sure his '21 version is better so far than his rookie year. He was incredible down the stretch and into the playoffs then.

Bregman has career highs for this point in the year almost across the board. If he keeps it up this year will be better than 2017
He just seems off to me. Not the same brash guy he used to be. I miss that version of him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I was just going by what Jake said he was expecting for the number of rehab starts he would need to come back. He specifically said he would need 2 starts
Fair enough. I hope both come back soon. Dusty has a reputation of wearing out pitchers at his past stops, so we need as much depth as we can keep on the roster to give guys a break every now and then so we aren't starting 5 2019-grade Wade Miley's by September.
astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

We got Cannolis on the lunch menu today.

Urquidy's start was going to be Monday, that's an off day. Next start would be Saturday against the Rangers. If they maintain the 4 day rest cadence with off days, his next turn in the rotation comes on 5/27, which is an off day after the dodgers series. It's possible we may not see him again until June, or maybe one of Framber / Jake are back by then to give him a little more time to recover.
5/27 is a potential return date for Odorizzi after his 2 rehab games.

It's possible, but I think they may be cautious with him. I think part of his injury may have been from trying to ramp up too fast. Framber is different because his injury was a bone injury, and he is more of a finesse guy rather than a hard thrower like Jake.

Don't let that Framber curveball fool you

He definitely throws harder fastballs too
jetch17
AG
Yordan just on off day? Or is it sore legs or the stinger from last night?
W
AG
speaking of Marwin...he misses the can.

sporting a .628 OPS with the Red Sox
Farmer1906
AG
Yoda
AG
It was a planned day off. Supposedly, he was going to play LF in one of the weekend games, but Dusty said his knees are a bit sore, so he gave him a day off.

Honestly, I have a tough time understanding a day off for a DH, pretty much ever. He still suits up and goes thru warmups. Is batting four times and maybe running the bases once really that taxing for a guy who is 24? I suppose so if he already has bad knees, but he sure has looked fine for the last month.

Maybe I'm just disappointed b/c he's my favorite guy to watch hit.
bearkatag15
AG

man of the people
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That is amazing!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Joey Gallo is a fantastic 1 for 16 with 11 Ks in his career vs. Lance.
dshedd41
S
beat me to it!
Freaking hilarious!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
There is still a lot of baseball to be played, but 2017 blows 2021 out of the water. Just go look at the numbers.

Our 9 lineup spots AVERAGED the following: .283, 26 HR, 94 RBI - RIDICULOUS.

2021 is great 1-7, but C and CF have been black holes so far. Not only that but we have no depth. Marwin, Marisnick, Gattis...hell even Nori Aoki would be the first or 2nd guy off the 2021 bench.

Then obviously no matter how our rotation pans out this year it is doubtful that we are going to put a top 4 together in the postseason that can get anywhere close to JV, CFM, Keuchel & McCullers. Peacock also had a career year.

JABQ04
AG
At our first game of the year and my son got Kent Emmanuels autograph on his foam finger and a ball from his favorite player, Martin Maldonado.
JABQ04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

man of the people

He signed a foam finger for my son around that same time.
07ag
AG
who is that
https://ts.la/eric59704
bearkatag15
AG
Kent Emanuel
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
11 game hitting streak for Jose
cap-n-jack
You probably know this but the Kats are playing in the national champ game now. It's on abc.
Went to grad school there.
Farmer1906
AG
Keep in mind offense is way way down across the board. It probably has to do with the new balls.
Mathguy64
AG
Hitting it hard
AggiEE
Glad we got a run after Correa grounds into a rally killer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
cap-n-jack said:

You probably know this but the Kats are playing in the national champ game now. It's on abc.
Guy from SHSU did my Oilers' tattoo back in 1995.
bearkatag15
AG
cap-n-jack said:

yep I got 2 screens going currently.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Keep in mind offense is way way down across the board. It probably has to do with the new balls.
That's a good point.

Regardless I think this offense is competitive with that one 1-7 but 8-9 and bench is no contest.
Farmer1906
AG
Lance not finding the zone this inning.
Farmer1906
AG
Not efficient, but effective so far.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nothing infuriates me more than when Joey Gallo makes an out that is not a strikeout.
Harry Dunne
I wonder if Rangers fans are as proud of Gallo's low GIDP rate as they were of Odor's games played.
Farmer1906
AG
Very nice DP
Harry Dunne
I like the camo lids, but they look silly AF with the regular unis. Oughta just put out and do the whole uni like the Padres do.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Harry Caray: "Now up to the plate for the Rangers ... Isiah Kiner-Fa, Fa-, Falafel? Hey Steve, have you ever been to that falafel place down on Lakeshore Drive?"

Steve Stone: "Can't say I have, Harry. Count's 3-2 by the way."

Harry: "Anyway, they've got a gyro down there that will blow your mind. Three kinds of meat - lamb, beef, and the other one ... might be some sort of otter."

Steve: "Really, otter you say? That was a double off the top of the wall by Kiner-Falafel by the way."

Harry: "You know, I once saw an otter catch a tennis ball in its mouth at the Chicago Zoo. Thing must have run 60 feet across its enclosure to grab it. Reminded me of a young Jerome Walton the way it closed the gap on that tennis ball."

Steve: "The zoo is a great place to spend the day. Almost as great as that run-saving catch by the left fielder."

Harry: "I never understand why they don't have some sort of exhibit where they put all the animals into one cage, turn them loose, and just see who comes out on top at the end. Sort of like some sort of Wild Kingdom Battle Royale."

Steve: "Kris Bryant leads off the bottom of the inning with a 450-foot blast to dead center."

Harry: "You know who my money would be on? The mongoose. Pound for pound, that little devil is the nastiest animal on God's green earth. But you know who would top them all? Ron Santo. All things being equal, Santo is the last one standing at the end of the day."

Steve: "So you're saying Ron Santo could defeat a tiger and an elephant and a crocodile?"

Harry: "That's right, Steve. And you know how I'd celebrate? With an ice cold Budweiser and a delicious bowl of falafel!"

PSully97
AG
I have to admit Stanton is growing on me.

They should probably keep him on a word count, but he does know his stuff.
Harry Dunne
Beautiful DP. Pat Mahomes-like by Carlos.
Farmer1906
AG
Lance does not have his A stuff today. Aces grind out good starts even when they're not on. Let's see what McCullers can manage 2nd and maybe 3rd time through.
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.