***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,917 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Siri still has a high k rate and low walk rate in these games, I doubt this anything more than a hot streak
I kind of agree. I think something has clicked for him and he's better than sub .700 OPS guy for AA-AAA Cincy, but I still don't see him as a big-time prospect. He's may be a better version of Chas.

If he can play a plus CF then come bat .210/.265/.415 then I would take it.
Ag4life80
AG
Looked to me like Straw tweaked a hammy on that dash home. Put him on the 10 day IL, call up Siri, and ride the hot streak.
bearkatag15
AG

I'm curious where he ends up. You'd think it has to be an AL team
Pahdz
Sourcing you guys here for some help on a gift for a buddy. Just turned 40 and been battling cancer for a few years.

We took him to the game last Friday and told him he could get a jersey with customization however he wanted. He comes back with wanting the late 80's white pullover jersey with Glenn Davis' name and number.

We've been striking out on places to find or get this done. The station at MMP won't do customization on retro jerseys.
bearkatag15
AG
Pahdz said:

Sourcing you guys here for some help on a gift for a buddy. Just turned 40 and been battling cancer for a few years.

We took him to the game last Friday and told him he could get a jersey with customization however he wanted. He comes back with wanting the late 80's white pullover jersey with Glenn Davis' name and number.

We've been striking out on places to find or get this done. The station at MMP won't do customization on retro jerseys.
https://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/GLENN-DAVIS-Houston-Astros-1988-Majestic-Cooperstown-Throwback-Baseball-Jersey.html
Farmer1906
AG
Bearkat for the win.
Pahdz
My man
bearkatag15
AG

Super scary play just happened Dozier was looking down and Abreu was looking up at the ball.
07ag
AG
WES2006AG said:

astros4545 said:

I did not know there was another field with a hill in CF
That is new. It certainly wasn't there last year.
been there awhile, probably at least 10 years

https://www.milb.com/news/isotopes-park-s-unique-center-field-hill-is-a-wild-card-on-fly-balls-i-251445504
https://ts.la/eric59704
bearkatag15
AG
Framber is throwing right now

Pahdz
So my other friend had found this site already, it only lets you add to wishlist, no add to cart option.
bearkatag15
AG
Pahdz said:

So my other friend had found this site already, it only lets you add to wishlist, no add to cart option.
Damn. I'll keep a look out for another site. I haven't ever ordered anything from that site before so I didn't realize it was broken. there is an option to place an order over the phone. Have you tried that option yet?
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Dusty is trolling....

EastCoastAgNc
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Dusty is trolling....

What is this hot garbage of lineup construction? Yeah, lets have a guy lead off who plays once every 2 weeks, but sit Diaz. Seriously?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Pahdz said:

https://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/GLENN-DAVIS-Houston-Astros-1988-Majestic-Cooperstown-Throwback-Baseball-Jersey.html
Holy hell, that website! I am in some serious trouble right now. Need to buy a jersey and tell my wife it was a self-Father's Day present after she gets home.

tjack16
AG
I think Dusty has the mindset of no matter who the replacement is, they take the exact spot in the lineup as the starter

It's stupid
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sweet fancy Moses.

YNWA_AG
AG
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Dusty is trolling....

What is this hot garbage of lineup construction? Yeah, lets have a guy lead off who plays once every 2 weeks, but sit Diaz. Seriously?
You guys crack me up. Don't you remember a certain former manger we had, that won a WS, who used to rotate days off for players and how upset you guys would get? To be clear, I also remember the same comments about someone who had a good day and then got benched the next day under that same manager.

This isn't Dusty alone - this is the Astro organization.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Dusty is trolling....

It's time for Click to start telling Dusty the line up or at least give him guidelines he has to follow. Let Joe Espada do it. *****
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Dusty is trolling....

It's time for Click to start telling Dusty the line up or at least give him guidelines he has to follow. Let Joe Espada do it. *****
Come on, Farmer. AJ did the same stuff. Maybe not insert the person in the same place as the guy getting the day off, but AJ definitely sat guys who had a good day the previous day. This isn't just a Dusty thing.
Farmer1906
AG
Resting players is a great idea. We need guys fresh. I get it.

But to put one of the worst players on your team in the lead off spot is a terrible idea. Do you want Garcia to get more at bats than Yuli, Yordan, or TED tonight?
WES2006AG
AG
Good call. I just assumed they were in Sugar Land but clearly they were lot.
Farmer1906
AG
In 2018 we had 5 different guys lead off.
136- Springer
12- Bregman
7-Kemp
6-Altuve
1-Marisnick

You could argue Jake should never lead off. Kemp is at least a solid guy. Bregman & Altuve would make great lead off hitters.

This will be the 6th different lead off this year.
28-Altuve
4-Straw
3-Correa
2-Tucker
1-McCormick
1-Garcia

3 of those guys have zero business batting in the top 6 of this line up.

2018-8 weird decisions over 162
2021-6 weird decisions over ~40
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Resting players is a great idea. We need guys fresh. I get it.

But to put one of the worst players on your team in the lead off spot is a terrible idea. Do you want Garcia to get more at bats than Yuli, Yordan, or TED tonight?
I don't disagree with that. I just don't think that direction needs to come down from Click - seems like a terrible manager to work for in that scenario.

I don't understand why he put Garcia leading off - I highly disagree with it. I think it's worth talking about.

But dude, every single day it seems like someone is complaining about a line-up Dusty is putting out. Just pointing out AJ made lineups that many people disagreed with - even playing guys people thought didn't deserve to be playing -- like Josh Reddick if I recall.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Dusty is trolling....

You guys crack me up. Don't you remember a certain former manger we had, that won a WS, who used to rotate days off for players and how upset you guys would get? To be clear, I also remember the same comments about someone who had a good day and then got benched the next day under that same manager.

This isn't Dusty alone - this is the Astro organization.
You wanna give Altuve a day off? Fine. Do it. I don't have a problem with that. Slot in a guy in the leadoff spot who has played so few games this year that you could count them on one hand instead of a good hitter / defender in Diaz? That's the source of my frustration.
Farmer1906
AG
I get getting annoyed by it. I get sick of some of the repetitive, round and round discussion on here too.

I think I have been unwavering in my stance on the lineup. Put the good players in front of the not good ones.

We have 7 really good hitters in the everyday lineup. We have 2 not so good hitters. We have 2 good bench hitters. We have 2 not so good bench hitters. All I ask is those 4 guys who aren't very good never hit in front of the 7 to 9 good hitters.

edit: also, break up the lefties. I think Dusty has done a good job of doing that 99% of the time.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

In 2018 we had 5 different guys lead off.
136- Springer
12- Bregman
7-Kemp
6-Altuve
1-Marisnick

You could argue Jake should never lead off. Kemp is at least a solid guy. Bregman & Altuve would make great lead off hitters.

This will be the 6th different lead off this year.
28-Altuve
4-Straw
3-Correa
2-Tucker
1-McCormick
1-Garcia

3 of those guys have zero business batting in the top 6 of this line up.

2018-8 weird decisions over 162
2021-6 weird decisions over ~40
IWe also were having to mess with our leadoff hitter because Altuve was out with COVID. He doesn't go out, Straw, Tucker, and Chase don't see nearly as many times at leadoff.

I'm willing to bet, as long as Altuve stays healthy, the amount of weird leadoff decisions doesn't rise very much in 2021.

Also - the way this board rode AJ in regards to Reddick could each individually count as a weird decision since it was apparent the board disagreed with AJ each time he sharpie him into the lineup.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I get getting annoyed by it. I get sick of some of the repetitive, round and round discussion on here too.

I think I have been unwavering in my stance on the lineup. Put the good players in front of the not good ones.

We have 7 really good hitters in the everyday lineup. We have 2 not so good hitters. We have 2 good bench hitters. We have 2 not so good bench hitters. All I ask is those 4 guys who aren't very good never hit in front of the 7 to 9 good hitters.

edit: also, break up the lefties. I think Dusty has done a good job of doing that 99% of the time.
I 100% agree with you that our best hitters should be 1-6 every game.

I'm just saying, in my opinion, trying to find who to play leadoff while Altuve is out with COVID and then slotting Garcia into leadoff tonight doesn't mean Click needs to start managing the lineup. No way in hell we get a competent manager after Dusty if Click does this.
Farmer1906
AG
I was very pro Tucker over Reddick in 2019 because Reddick has proven in 2018 he wasn't good anymore like he was in 2017. But Tucker either wasn't ready or didn't get enough PT to prove it. We were paying Reddick good money and he was a 10 year vet. Even so Reddick on played ~80% of the games. and ~80% of those times he was in the bottom 4 of the lineup.

Outside of that, I mostly likely AJ's lineup (would have preferred George not leading off). I was probably one of the people giving him the least criticism on here.
Farmer1906
AG
1-7*

Please try not to disrespect TED again.

It's not just because of tonight. It's a bunch of illogical decisions thus far.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I was very pro Tucker over Reddick in 2019 because Reddick has proven in 2018 he wasn't good anymore like he was in 2017. But Tucker either wasn't ready or didn't get enough PT to prove it. We were paying Reddick good money and he was a 10 year vet. Even so Reddick on played ~80% of the games. and ~80% of those times he was in the bottom 4 of the lineup.

Outside of that, I mostly likely AJ's lineup (would have preferred George not leading off). I was probably one of the people giving him the least criticism on here.
Agreed. I didn't really care one way or the other honestly, because I never expect the bottom of the order to be a boon. It's a bonus when it is. That's not the best attitude, but it's honest.

I'm not saying you were one of the one criticizing AJ either. I'm just saying the same song is being played with Dusty as it is with AJ.

I should have just glossed over the comments because I'm mostly in agreeance with you all.

I keep adding to the list of things that are certain in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. A manager's line-up will always be questioned (which is well within the bounds of being a fan!)
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

1-7*

Please try not to disrespect TED again.

It's not just because of tonight. It's a bunch of illogical decisions thus far.
Ha, fair enough. 1-6 was just the number I out there.

I just think every manager makes a bunch of illogical decisions that each fanbase rags on and wants the GM to do something about.
Ag_07
AG
I don't mind giving guys nights off but why does the guy who plays multiple positions so he can sub for the regulars need a night off?

Diaz's job is literally play when guys need nights off but instead we get Robel leading off. Not to mention he's swinging a hot bat lately.

Dusty is senile
First Page Last Page
Page 323 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.