***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,646 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yes, somewhat quietly...the league has caught up to him.

he's a low batting average guy, so he better hit with power.

has to make adjustments or his playing time is going to decrease
Ag_07
AG
Good

Should be a great night to catch a game at MMP.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yuli out
W
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Good lord. Wonder what provoked that and how long he's staying in jail?
apparently no charges were filed, because the guy knocked out didn't want to press.

strange situation
Ag_07
AG
I'm assuming that means he did something to provoke him.

His buddy next to him in the Tulo jersey sure didn't stand up and help him out any.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yuli out
Chas goes yard and gets benched.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yea, it's stupid. More proof Dusty doesn't have any business managing a big league team.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

It'll never happen in a million years, but how great did LF look without all those adds.

The Citgo one was okay. We added the pennants too.

Then it all went downhill.

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Sounds like Yuli had a bad case of the squirts.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
scrimp
AG
I don't think Straw is the answer in CF by any means, but I'm not sure McCormick's numbers would be any better as an everyday CF. Straw is .207/.293/.259. McCormick is .167/.235/.433, albeit in a lot fewer at bats. I'd like to see CM get more playing time, but I doubt the results would be much different than what we get with MS.
bearkatag15
AG

Looks like a AAA pitcher will start for Arlington tomorrow
Jackal99
AG
To be fair to Arlington, aren't they used to that?
Farmer1906
AG
scrimp said:

I don't think Straw is the answer in CF by any means, but I'm not sure McCormick's numbers would be any better as an everyday CF. Straw is .207/.293/.259. McCormick is .167/.235/.433, albeit in a lot fewer at bats. I'd like to see CM get more playing time, but I doubt the results would be much different than what we get with MS.
I don't think Chas is anything special at all, but if he can hit with a little power then he's more valuable than Straw is even if Straw's ability to draw walks.

I don't think Siri is the answer either. He's got some pop in his bat, but he's a K machine.

Next up would be Leon, but he's off to a rough start and he's now a SS for some reason (still don't agree with this move).

Dawson would probably be the guy I'd give an extended shot to next.
Harry Dunne
Chas ain't the answer. He was a mediocre MiLB hitter and it'll be a victory if he can be a solid role player but he's not the future in CF.

Leon is probably 2 years away. Hopefully we can make a deadline move. Even if Tucker can play CF, we are still a corner OF short. Aledmys isn't a good enough fielder out there.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Chas ain't the answer. He was a mediocre MiLB hitter and it'll be a victory if he can be a solid role player but he's not the future in CF.

Leon is probably 2 years away. Hopefully we can make a deadline move. Even if Tucker can play CF, we are still a corner OF short. Aledmys isn't a good enough fielder out there.
Look around at the "good" CFs out there. There ain't many of them. The ones out there likely aren't available.

Is Mullins for real in Baltimore? Would Baltimore be willing to move him with another 4 years of team control?

Same with Reynolds in Pittsburgh. Young somewhat unproven, but looks strong. 4 more years left of team control.

Most of the rest are on contenders or are Mike Tourt.
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906
AG
This Rob Doc guy looks like he knows his *****
redline248
AG
So there are no big league catchers and no big league center fielders. MLB drafts how many hundreds of players each year?
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

So there are no big league catchers and no big league center fielders. MLB drafts how many hundreds of players each year?
There are some pretty good CFers. Most teams just don't want to give them up.

GOAT
Mike Trout

MVP
Mookie Betts (only a couple of games in CF)
Cody Bellinger (plays multiple positions)

Proven
George Springer
Chris Taylor
Ramon Laureano
Alex Verdugo (plays all 3 spots in the OF and between proven and young and unproven)
Ketel Marte (plays multiple positions)

Young, Good, & Unproven
Trent Grisham
Dylan Carlson
Cedric Mullins II
Bryan Reynolds
Luis Robert (hurt)

Solid
Randal Grichuk
**** Hernandez
Jackie Bradley Jr (he's been BAD this year)

I am probably missing some, but I think this captures most of the CF
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Byron Buxton with the Twins is OK, he's on a 1yr $5M deal. He's hurt right now, but if they continue their losing ways and he gets healthy, he might be a rental option.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Proven...to suck

Ramon Laureano

This guy had a couple plays that went viral but other than that he's an awful CFer.

There are probably some obscure defensive metrics that say otherwise but I've watched him take awful route after awful route and clank balls that should be handled routinely.

He's just not good
redline248
AG
Would you rather have him or Straw?
Ag_07
AG
Straw

He's cheaper
redline248
AG
We're getting what we paid for
Ag_07
AG
I didn't say Straw...He's better

Laureno just pisses me off. He's a laughably bad CFer but he acts like he's Mike Trout.
Farmer1906
AG
Bad CF but he plays there and can hit.
Frok
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It'll never happen in a million years, but how great did LF look without all those adds.

The Citgo one was okay. We added the pennants too.

Then it all went downhill.

Definitely a complaint of the Jim Crane era is the excessive ads. The Gallagher one this year is terrible considering it took down a pretty cool Astros logo
agproducer
AG
The ads in MMP do suck, but if they make Crane enough money where he can continue the higher payroll to field a great team, I'm all for it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Frok said:

Definitely a complaint of the Jim Crane era is the excessive ads. The Gallagher one this year is terrible considering it took down a pretty cool Astros logo
EastCoastAgNc
AG

What a moron, just take your L and go home like the loser you are. You sucked as a pitcher. Deal with it.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Look around at the "good" CFs out there. There ain't many of them. The ones out there likely aren't available.

Is Mullins for real in Baltimore? Would Baltimore be willing to move him with another 4 years of team control?

Same with Reynolds in Pittsburgh. Young somewhat unproven, but looks strong. 4 more years left of team control.

Most of the rest are on contenders or are Mike Tourt
I came up with some B-level material about lawsuits and nervous tics but I'm going to spare you.

I don't disagree with this in general, but I'm sure there are 50 better centerfielders than straw in existence and I'm also sure we can get one of them at the deadline.

Ag_07
AG
Is this for real? Sounds like an Onion headline
Harry Dunne
Based on his career ERA I don't think his signs are quite as secret as he thinks they are.
W
AG
uh, some guy just went yard on Javier's first pitch
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.