***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,826,024 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Deluxe said:

Harry Dunne said:

So like I was saying, Chas is pretty darn good

He looks like he really loves playing the game and has some of the "I belong here" swagger that Straw maybe lacks. Whether that translates to him being a productive full time player, I'm not sure. But I enjoy watching him play.

Straw has swagger, basically saying he wanted the boos when playing the Yankees, unfortunately he needs to back up that comment.
iamtheglove
ttha_aggie_09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Here's why Yuki left.

Get on up! He's the king right now

Straw should be Yuli's cape man.
bearkatag15
AG
Good series win vs the Angels. Should have swept but 2 out of 3 will work.

Now let's get the energy right for the 4 game series starting tonight and get on this local legends level

All I do is Nguyen
So I didn't finish the game last night and was catching up with the highlights, but I love Todd Kalas' call of a "Kyle Driver" whenever Ted hits a HR. So we have "Air Yordan" the "Kyle Driver" we need a fancy name for whenever Bregs or Altuve hit a HR too
bluefire579
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

So I didn't finish the game last night and was catching up with the highlights, but I love Todd Kalas' call of a "Kyle Driver" whenever Ted hits a HR. So we have "Air Yordan" the "Kyle Driver" we need a fancy name for whenever Bregs or Altuve hit a HR too
We already have Bregxit
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think anyone on here calls it a Kyle Driver. That's just that dude on Twitter. We call them Tucker ****ers. I consider Air Yordan nickname not what his HRs are called.
All I do is Nguyen
bluefire579 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

We already have Bregxit
Thats awesome!
Farmer1906
AG
We are now 9 deep w/ players with >100 wRC+

Gurriel - 182
Alvarez - 180
Bregman - 146
Brantley - 146
Castro - 138
Altuve - 118
Diaz - 111
Correa - 109
Tucker - 108

I would hope Dusty would figure out a way to get these 9 guys most of the PT.
TarponChaser
JABQ04 said:

I miss Caveman Gattis
I'll have to find it but Gattis was my oldest's favorite Astro for a while because when he was 7 they had a Little League Day at the park and the kids got to go down in the tunnels, then walk around the field on the track, And when down in the tunnels a couple guys were going to the cages to hit and my kid got a high-five from Gattis and he stopped to take a picture with him.

But now, he wear's 44 because he "wants to hit like a right-handed Yordan."
Proudag06
AG
Can someone teach Dusty how to use Siri?!

Tell him all he has to do is say "Hey Siri, play centerfield" or "Hey Siri, I need a centerfielder" and then it just happens. It's like a technological miracle. But it has to be his voice (thanks for that Crane).
Farmer1906
AG
While checking the standings this morning, I came across a few interesting tidbits.

We're 10-6 vs teams >.500. Easily the best record in baseball. Some have more wins, but also more losses. But that also means we have a <.500 record vs <.500 teams.

We also have a +44 RD which is good for 2nd best in baseball behind the White Sox. What they're doing is so remarkable without Luis Robert & Eloy Jimenez. The first place As still have a negative RD.

If the season ended today we would not make the postseason. Good thing we have 125 more to change that.
bearkatag15
AG
A look at the 4 hottest hitters on the team in recent games

Jose Altuve last 7 games:
12 hits, 2B, 3 HRs, 5 RBI
.387/.424/.710/1.134

Kyle Tucker last 6 games:
8 hits, 2 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR
.381/.458/1.000/1.458

Yordan Alvarez last 10 games:
18 hits, 5 HRs, 2 2B, 8 RBI
.429/.429/.833/1.262

Yuli Gurriel last 6 games:
9 hits, 2 2B, 3 HR, 10 RBI
.409/.440/.909/1.349
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

1.458 OPS
bearkatag15
AG

TREX01
Really need to get Framber and Orodizzi back quickly. If Urquidy misses much time its gonna kill our bullpen.
Marvin
AG
TREX01 said:

Really need to get Framber and Orodizzi back quickly. If Urquidy misses much time its gonna kill our bullpen.

And for Oakland to start regressing after several years of horseshoe-up-the-ass luck.
bearkatag15
AG
TREX01 said:

Urquidy can be skipped in the rotation since Monday is an off day and that would have been his day to pitch. Odo should be back by the 27th or so this month.
AggieNiebs
AG
I typically only listen to games on the radio, but just saw the highlight of Tucker's HR last night and I noticed that while I know he doesn't wear batting gloves, he was using a wrap on the handle of his bat. I know he hasn't always used that, so has he been doing that all season? or is that something new that could be the reason for his recent success at the plate?
bearkatag15
AG

LMJ vs Gibson could be another good pitching duel
Frok
AG
Quote:

We're 10-6 vs teams >.500. Easily the best record in baseball. Some have more wins, but also more losses. But that also means we have a <.500 record vs <.500 teams.

The Astros were swept by the 2 worst teams in baseball during the COVID attack.
W
AG
continuing some all-star talk...

Altuve is going to be right in the mix for the all-star team at second base. No one in the AL blowing up at 2B right now.

will be interesting to follow the voting and such
W
AG
so the Rangers are in town...and boy do they strike out a lot.

not just the usual suspect Gallo (55 K's), but some guy named Nick Lowe has whiffed 43 times and another guy has fanned 40 times (Solak)
Farmer1906
AG
Solak (Mr K mentioned above) is probably having the best year at 2nd in the AL.
Faustus
W said:

so the Rangers are in town...and boy do they strike out a lot.

not just the usual suspect Gallo (55 K's), but some guy named Nick Lowe has whiffed 43 times and another guy has fanned 40 times (Solak)

Gallo has 55 Ks? Someone should track that stat for grins.
Farmer1906
AG
Myles Straw is dead last in baseball with 20 hard-hit balls this year. However, he is tied in last with one other player who is heavily linked to Houston but never played for the Astros.

Who is he tied with?

Cavan Biggio

**Qualified players only.**
bearkatag15
AG

Padres fan knocked this dude TF out
Mathguy64
AG
Good lord. Wonder what provoked that and how long he's staying in jail?
Farmer1906
AG
Talk ****, get hit.
JABQ04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Padres fan knocked this dude TF out

v
Deluxe
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Deluxe said:

Harry Dunne said:

So like I was saying, Chas is pretty darn good

He looks like he really loves playing the game and has some of the "I belong here" swagger that Straw maybe lacks. Whether that translates to him being a productive full time player, I'm not sure. But I enjoy watching him play.

Straw has swagger, basically saying he wanted the boos when playing the Yankees, unfortunately he needs to back up that comment.

I'm sure he has plenty of swag with the media and doing little dances/impressions on Bregman's Instagram. He doesn't have it on the field though. Chas does.
Ag_07
AG
Brett Phillips?
bearkatag15
AG

Round Rock Express just sent out a message regarding the new face mask recommendations from the CDC...

I know the Astros aren't affiliated with them anymore. Its just the first thing I've seen from MLB regarding the CDC announcement
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Good! I wish all of the teams would do the same. This crap is over
Farmer1906
AG
Good guess, but I don't think he qualifies. You can see the answer when you hover over it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.