***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,875 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Remember this guy?
W
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Off day for Trout and Upton and Fletcher.. dang that's some firepower they are missing tonight

I guess it's baseball in the year 2021. Heaney cannot be happy about that
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

But he had that one good Spring Training

I've been gotcha'd
W
AG
speaking of Heaney...it will be interesting to see how the Astros adjust to him.

he dominated with his fastball the last time out vs. the 'stros
W
AG
also...if Walsh is going to be considered a "first baseman" for all-star game purposes...

it's really going to be tight at 1B in the American League among Yuli, Walsh, Abreu, and Vlad Jr.
Farmer1906
AG
I think Walsh would be 4th in that group. He's got zero name recognition. Vlad Jr & Jose will likely dominate the votes.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hmmm...

By what metric?

All of those guys have higher BA, SLG, OPS, and OPS+ by a wide margin.

You really need to relax a little. Don't get all bent out of shape because you were wrong about TED again.

Maybe you should pause the masturbating to Tucker's pics until after he tops the Mendoza line.

Do you enjoy rooting against players on your own team?

I'm not rooting against him. I want him to do better because it will make the team better. I just don't see him being more than a low .700's OPS guy who usually hits around .220 and strikes out a lot but will maybe give you 25 HR. And I think we need a whole lot better out of a top-5 overall pick and starting RF.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

I can't imagine what the angle is but all 3 of their positive cases are allegedly fully vaccinated, breakthrough cases?

Did they take the Madorna, Phiser, or Jonson & Jonson vaccines or what?* Were the doses improperly handled?? The odds of 3 breakthrough cases in such proximity when the studied effectiveness is supposed to be in excess of 99% (for the 2 dose vaccines) has got to be astronomical.

* yes, I know I misspelled the names. That's the joke- they got knock-off vaccines.
Farmer1906
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hmmm...

By what metric?

You really need to relax a little. Don't get all bent out of shape because you were wrong about TED again.

Maybe you should pause the masturbating to Tucker's pics until after he tops the Mendoza line.

I'm not rooting against him. I want him to do better because it will make the team better. I just don't see him being more than a low .700's OPS guy who usually hits around .220 and strikes out a lot but will maybe give you 25 HR. And I think we need a whole lot better out of a top-5 overall pick and starting RF.

Over the last 3 seasons he has an .800 OPS. That's over 441 plate appearances. You're either intentionally speaking out of your ass because or your bias and you don't understand the numbers.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hmmm...

By what metric?

Over the last 3 seasons he has an .800 OPS. That's over 441 plate appearances. You're either intentionally speaking out of your ass because or your bias and you don't understand the numbers.

I completely understand the numbers. 2019 was only 22 games and 2020 he got hot for 6 weeks. He just now crept it up there to .750 this last 10 days or so and the totality of the evidence points to him being a low-.700's guy over the course of the season.

The only bias I have is against guys looking lost at the plate when they're supposed to be a big stick in the lineup.
Farmer1906
AG
The only evidence of low 700 is if you take away his better stretches for no reason other than to make your illogical point.
Beat40
This spat between Farmer and Tarpon will be fun to watch this season.

Beginning to feel like some sort of wager must happen.
1208HawkTree
AG
TarponChaser said:

low .700's OPS guy who usually hits around .220 and strikes out a lot but will maybe give you 25 HR.

We had that guy, his name is Colby Rasmus...
Farmer1906
AG
1208HawkTree said:

TarponChaser said:

low .700's OPS guy who usually hits around .220 and strikes out a lot but will maybe give you 25 HR.

We had that guy, his name is Colby Rasmus...

The hair and playoff swing of a god.
redline248
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hmmm...

By what metric?

This is the kind of garbage that isn't necessary. You seem to take personally anything having to do with Tucker, whether it's in jest or not.
JABQ04
AG
Jakes Hair > Colby Rasmus' hair
AgDoc03
AG
JABQ04 said:

Stanek says hold my beer
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearkatag15
AG

Parades is pitching the front end of his back to back games.
Ag_07
AG
JABQ04 said:

If you're looking to woo the ladies to wine night at the ball park.

But if you're looking to pound beers and rock out with your kok out then it's Rasmus by a GD country mile.
Proudag06
AG
Man Enoli's slider is looking good. Ready for some cannolis in place of Joe's meatballs.
W
AG
nice 1st frame for Urquidy
W
AG
Altuve made an adjustment vs. Heaney.

1st pitch off the foul pole
Bregxit
AG
Tuve!!!
BMX Bandit
Wow. That escalated quickly.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
The next homerun hit at will make it 2021 on the Minute Maid homerun pump counter.

It will be the only time ever that the amount of homeruns will match exactly with the year we are in.

Fun fact of the day
MosesHallRAB04
AG
This pitchers little glove twitch is weird.

Only in the wind up
W
AG
Yuli on fire!!!
dshedd41
S
LA PINA!
Gig’em Aggies!
Bregxit
AG
La Pina with 2021!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
W said:

Yuli on fire!!!

Just completely locked in.
W
AG
Heaney elevated his outside fastball...easy drive to deep right for Yuli
cap-n-jack
How did Yordan get on in front of him?
W
AG
up to 7 HR and 30 RBI
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.