***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,291 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Deluxe said:

agproducer said:

He sure did put up some big numbers before the commissioner's memo in 2017 though. Hasn't even been close to being the same player since.
I got my dad to come hang out at a sports bar and watch one of the ALCS games that year. Judge struck out 11 times in 24 at-bats. My dad stopped following baseball during the '94 strike but warmed up enough to watch the Astros in the playoffs. We were sitting by a table full of Mattingly, Mantle, and Dimaggio jerseys watching Judge whiff over and over. My dad had no clue who he was and was laughing and carrying on loudly saying, "Who is this guy? He's ****ing terrible!" The laser beam glares from the next table were priceless.
agproducer
AG
I literally laughed out loud to this.
bluefire579
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He went to Southlake Carrol, so probably a Rangers fan. Hope we shell the crap out of him
JABQ04
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

Mathguy64 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

Ok, can someone please explain what TOFA means?

Tits Out For Astros.
I can get on board with this.

That's what she said
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So hes admittting hes going to bean someone. Fine. First time he comes close he gets a warning. Second time he comes close hes tossed. Lets see MLB do that. Or better suspend him now for threatening to hit a player on purpose.
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Glad he's really held onto those Aggie core values. If it hits somebody tonight, I hope Alvarez pipes one back up the middle into his ribcage.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So hes admittting hes going to bean someone. Fine. First time he comes close he gets a warning. Second time he comes close hes tossed. Lets see MLB do that. Or better suspend him now for threatening to hit a player on purpose.

I'd rather see the stros offense go nuts and drop 10 on his ass. Let him plunk someone and watch them round the bases on a dinger
htxag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So is he ok with springer (if he's ever healthy) getting beaned every game? Or did their little heart to heart absolve him of any wrongdoing?
astros4545
AG
Dodgers are in third place in the NL West

Just a little laugh for everyone
tjack16
AG

Watch the whole thing. Hilarious
EastCoastAgNc
W
AG
that was a really dumb thing for Stripling to say.

probably never thought he would get traded to the American League
W
AG
Deluxe said:

He sure did put up some big numbers before the commissioner's memo in 2017 though. Hasn't even been close to being the same player since.
yep, it's one of those things nobody talks about. He's only had 1 great year...and that was 4 years ago. The reputation far exceeds the actual production.

will be funny when and if NYY lets him walk in free agency following the 2022 season.

although the Yankees do have a lot of bullpen salary coming off the books after next year
bullard21k
AG
Saw that Odorizzi threw a 25 pitch session in the bullpen yesterday and felt good. One more BP session then heads out to make probably a few rehab starts.

I know a lot are down on him and kind of on the back
Burner but we are going to need that down the stretch. When and if he gets healthy he's an innings eater with lots of experience

Farmer1906
AG
W said:

Deluxe said:

yep, it's one of those things nobody talks about. He's only had 1 great year...and that was 4 years ago. The reputation far exceeds the actual production.

will be funny when and if NYY lets him walk in free agency following the 2022 season.

although the Yankees do have a lot of bullpen salary coming off the books after next year
He had one out of this world great year, but since he's still been pretty damn good. He's kept a 139-150 wRC+.

If you look at his splits, it looks like they kept o cheating in 2018 too.

wRC+

Home/Away
2017: 201/147
2018: 213/90
2019: 144/137
2020: 145/138
2021: 125/167

For a while, I have been wondering what his market is going to be. He's going to hit the market at 31 like George did. He's been a better hitter than George, but it's been coming down a little. He's got the build of a DH/1B so even though he's played a strong RF, I have a feeling his mid-30s will force him to move positions or go straight DH. I hope NY feels obligated to resign him and gives him something like 8 years 205 M.
spadilly
S

Teddy Perkins
AG
If anyone finds a link to watch live, please share.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Sounds like they might broadcast it on 790 in Houston. You can listen to it online.
Farmer1906
AG
spadilly said:

We have Framber, McCullers, Javier, Urquidy, Garcia, Odo, and some guys about to be ready in the minors. Do we stand pat in the offseason? Do we package someone like Ivey, Solis for a high-end bullpen arm?
07ag
AG
maybe its just the pujols release fresh on the mind, but, my gut is telling me it might be a release and retire situation.
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
07ag said:

maybe its just the pujols release fresh on the mind, but, my gut is telling me it might be a release and retire situation.
For JV? I highly doubt it. He was at the top of his game before he got hurt. He has said before he wants to play until 45.

Even if it was a situation like that, I think it would be bigger than a zoom call.
MaxPower
We have money to spend. If we aren't resigning Correa then makes sense to give JV an incentive laden deal. Too much pitching is a good problem. Some of those guys could move to the pen or you could make a trade.
astros4545
AG
07ag said:

Rest assured this is not happening
Farmer1906
AG
You're probably right. But next year I feel like we have a legit 1-6 in the rotation. We can only juggle so many guys. We're going to need to make decisions on guys soon.
Mathguy64
AG
The thought of JV saying he's going to be ready to go in august and will pitch out if the pen is running through my pea brain.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wonder if they are restructuring his deal and extending to take some money off the luxury tax this year?
07ag
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Wonder if they are restructuring his deal and extending to take some money off the luxury tax this year?
doubt the mlbpa would allow that
https://ts.la/eric59704
EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub
AG
Verlander reads TexAgs. Mr. Verlander, I hope you're okay with our use of Rally Kate.

Sincerely not worthy,
K20Dub
wangus12
AG
k20dub said:

Verlander reads TexAgs. Mr. Verlander, I hope you're okay with our use of Rally Kate.

Sincerely not worthy,
K20Dub
P.S. We could use more provocative pictures of Kate to really spark the bats when needed
ttha_aggie_09
AG
wangus12 said:

k20dub said:

Sincerely not worthy,
K20Dub
P.S. We could use more provocative pictures of Kate to really spark the bats when needed
She definitely helps with the wood, if you know what I mean
Farmer1906
AG
W
AG
and his injury history is even worse than George's.

only played in 115 games (or more) in one season...2017
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 258 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.