***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,316 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Straw
Aggie8587
AG
Lol just awesome Straw
JABQ04
AG
Jake wouldn't have lollygagged on that.
agproducer
AG
No excuse for that
scrimp
AG
Geez Straw....
Mathguy64
AG
A double on a single to Straw all because he's lazy. I would pull his ass right now. Just bench him. Send a message to this team that their play isn't acceptable.

Except Dusty is sleeping.
agproducer
AG
Yankees look hungry. The Astros look like they are going through the motions.
redline248
AG
Lance still looks pretty sharp for this stage of the game and the situation he's in.
Harry Dunne
JABQ04 said:

Jake wouldn't have lollygagged on that.
No doubt.

On a positive note we dodged a huge bullet by not signing JBJ, who is basically a $12M Straw.
MaxPower
The blame shouldn't be on Straw or even Dusty. Straw can't help that he sucks and Dusty can't help that he has to choose between bad and badder in CF. It's on our dumbass GM for thinking this was a viable solution to begin with.
Harry Dunne
Dusty is the worst ever. We aren't going to win isht with that guy asleep at the wheel.
Mathguy64
AG
This is what happens when you get rid of your heart and soul. I get they don't value long term teams and I get the concern over George 's value and age and we just saw in Pujols what happens there. But this team doesn't have a pulse right now and there isn't anyone out there to give it one.
agproducer
AG
redline248 said:

Lance still looks pretty sharp for this stage of the game and the situation he's in.

Lance has made two mistake pitches and both were put over the wall. Other than that and the walks, he's been pretty good.
Harry Dunne
Mathguy64 said:

This is what happens when you get rid of your heart and soul. I get they don't value long term teams and ui get the concern over George 's value and age and we just saw in Pujols what happens there. But this team doesn't have a pulse right now and there isn't anyone out there to give it one.
Not having JV there hurts.
JABQ04
AG
Maldy trying to carry the team today
Harry Dunne
MaxPower said:

The blame shouldn't be on Straw or even Dusty. Straw can't help that he sucks and Dusty can't help that he has to choose between bad and badder in CF. It's on our dumbass GM for thinking this was a viable solution to begin with.
Disagree when it comes to the bullpen. We don't have the best bullpen ever but we have some decent arms and when Dusty has to choose between decent and worst in high leverage situations he chooses worst. No idea what his rationale is. Why is Raley pitching in close games? Why is he still on the team? Why isn't Frisbee Joe pitching in blowouts until he finds his stuff again? How does Emanuel pitch the game of his life and then ride pine while those guys are out there every other night?

Why is he not riding Diaz like Seabiscuit right now while he's hot and our offense is anemic?
Marvin
AG
Middling to average team right now. Would be nice if someone, anyone on this team showed an ounce of give-a-****.
agproducer
AG
Yankees fans are classy. Not only are the yelling, "**** Altuve," but coordinating a "**** you," chant. Classy.
JABQ04
AG
Well I'm gonna go mow the yard. Maybe me not watching will help
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Typical Astros. Maldonado starts a rally, nobody else can deliver.
tjack16
AG
Maldonado 2-2 and Brantley is the black hole in the offense today

Baseball is weird
CFTXAG10
AG
Lance fought through 6. Now pick his a** up
tjack16
AG
We need to sweep Toronto
Big Al 1992
AG
X2!!!!
CFTXAG10
AG
The big man feeling it! Havana Hammer with 2 home runs
k20dub
AG
Yordan!
agproducer
AG
Cole yelling, "GD.". HAHAHA
bearkatag15
AG
429 footer
tjack16
AG
If you had told me before the game that Maldonado would have 2 hits and Yordan would hit 2 bombs, I'd think we were scoring 7+
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In 9+ years of Pujols, the Angels made the playoffs 1 time and got swept in 3 games.

Without Pujols in those 9 years, made the playoffs 6 times, made the NLCS 4 times, and the WS once.

And saved $250 million.

Johnsy3
AG
Man, who was that guy saying Yordong was slumping because he was missing fastballs and getting rung up?
bearkatag15
AG
Need to get Yordan up 1 more time in the 9th.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Need to get Yordan up 1 more time in the 9th.
And in the 12th.
tjack16
AG
Is Emmanuel still alive? I'm guessing Dusty doesn't want to throw him because he did too good in his debut?
MAROON
AG
tjack16 said:

Is Emmanuel still alive? I'm guessing Dusty doesn't want to throw him because he did too good in his debut?
is it possible he's getting a start in the Blue Jays series? I cannot think of any other reason for him not pitching in this series other than Dusty forgot he was on the team
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.