***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,073 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly surprised the NYY plus .09 runs is that low. Hell, 2 outs, 2 runners on, 0-0 a strike called a ball, 2-0 a strike called a ball. That 3-0 when should have been 1-2 was worth more than .09 runs
Jaydoug
AG
This are fans from a team in a city that is planning on spending billions on a giant, Amsterdam-like dike wall to protect themselves from the coming climate change flooding in 10 years.

Mathguy64
AG
That guys metrics are off. Case in point. Odor walked on 4 pitches and loaded the bases for LeMahieu to hit the 65 foot dribbler that we little leagued for 3 runs. Except 2 of the 4 pitches were 100% in the zone for obvious strikes and he missed them both. 2-2 is very different than 4-0.

That ump totally changed the game last night. Not saying we would have won but he changed the game completely. He was brutally bad.
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

Holy **** look at these booger eaters
If their players would only hit trash cans instead of their wives I would actually listen to what any of them had to say
htxag09
AG
I mean I get it....but we didn't exactly abandon the Astros when they signed Osuna.
n_touch

If they don't acknowledge their sign stealing then we don't have to acknowledge Osuna
Farmer1906
AG
htxag09 said:

I mean I get it....but we didn't exactly abandon the Astros when they signed Osuna.
No, but a lot of us hated that deal. It made baseball sense to trade away a broken closer for a good closer, but he's not a guy I rooted for.
TarponChaser
Mathguy64 said:

That guys metrics are off. Case in point. Odor walked on 4 pitches and loaded the bases for LeMahieu to hit the 65 foot dribbler that we little leagued for 3 runs. Except 2 of the 4 pitches were 100% in the zone for obvious strikes and he missed them both. 2-2 is very different than 4-0.

That ump totally changed the game last night. Not saying we would have won but he changed the game completely. He was brutally bad.

100%

Should have been 2-2 with 2 outs to Odor and instead it's a 4 pitch walk. At 2-2 you're almost certainly getting Odor to chase something out of the zone and end the inning tied at 3.

Astros still may have taken the L but they absolutely weren't giving up the lead that inning.

And yankees fans are garbage. They're the tea-sips of MLB. Arrogance and delusion which can only come from being protected by the respective governing entities.
htxag09
AG
Even worse is it would've been 1-2. Pitch 1 was a strike, 2 a ball, 3 a strike.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

htxag09 said:

No, but a lot of us hated that deal. It made baseball sense to trade away a broken closer for a good closer, but he's not a guy I rooted for.

Given the way the guys like Verlander and McCullers accepted him after meeting with him and discussing it with Osuna along with the dropping of charges we probably rationalize that as maybe he didn't actually assault her. I'm not naive to these situations but the fact that there's no physical evidence and charges were dropped would be in his favor.
TarponChaser
htxag09 said:

Even worse is it would've been 1-2. Pitch 1 was a strike, 2 a ball, 3 a strike.

Excellent point- especially since at 1-2 Odor is most likely chasing on a 2-strike count.
Farmer1906
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

htxag09 said:

Given the way the guys like Verlander and McCullers accepted him after meeting with him and discussing it with Osuna along with the dropping of charges we probably rationalize that as maybe he didn't actually assault her. I'm not naive to these situations but the fact that there's no physical evidence and charges were dropped would be in his favor.
Accept or suck it up and not make a public stink about it because they had a job to do? You ever seen any of them buddy buddy together? Posing for pics at events together? I didn't, but I could have missed them.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Oh it'll happen when and if Mike Fiers pitches at MMP

As long as he's on the As, he will never pitch in MMP. He may never pitch against the Astros.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

htxag09 said:

Accept or suck it up and not make a public stink about it because they had a job to do? You ever seen any of them buddy buddy together? Posing for pics at events together? I didn't, but I could have missed them.
Fair points.

But, I also think that the justice system generally works. MLB suspended him as is its right but nothing was ever proven and nor was the extent of the allegations really released. There have been plenty of cases where guys have been arrested and charged over nothing but yelling and those charges later dropped.

I don't say this to defend Osuna at all but I also have a very deep seated dislike for attempting to ruin somebody over something which can't really be proven or is a fabrication. To wit, Duke Lacrosse & UVA fraternity scandals which were complete and total lies yet the lives of people were completely ruined.
htxag09
AG
I fully agree on all points. It's also nave to think that these millionaire baseball players don't have the resources to quiet victims. I mean charges were dropped because should wouldn't travel to the US from Canada, not because they looked at evidence and found it unsubstantial.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed him, he should have been banned from the league, or we should have boycotted the Astros. Simply stating it's a little hypocritical to jump all over the Yankees for this. Plenty of other reasons.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Have we heard anything about Maldy? Or even Odor? That was a nasty collision
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Maldy is day to day with trap discomfort. He posted on Twitter that he's feeling much better.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Maldy is day to day with trap discomfort. He posted on Twitter that he's feeling much better.
Should we expect a Jake type suspension for Odor?
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Hahahaha good one.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm with you. It's BS to just believe all accusers without investigation. But it seems like the fact he accepted the 75 game suspension without appeal and that it was dropped because his baby momma wouldn't come to Canada to testify it not hard to connect the dots that he likely did it.
tjack16
AG
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Suspending Odor would make the Yankees better. So I think MLB should require NYY to make him hit leadoff as a punishment
bearkatag15
AG
Bregxit said:

This was posted on another Astros thread on another website:

Jose Navas has been the HP Ump in 3 games for Houston. So we're 0-3 in games he's called this year with his calls favoring the opponent between .7 and .8 runs per game.

bearkatag15
AG

some good comments in these 2 clips.
astros4545
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I don't think his metrics are taking what happened after the fact into account

It's adjusting for the generalized out come change that occurs on a missed strike call, not the reality of what resulted
bluefire579
AG
Too bad him or any of the others who do talk about it will never result in other teams getting slammed the way we were
Beat40
bluefire579 said:

Too bad him or any of the others who do talk about it will never result in other teams getting slammed the way we were
Because guys like Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drelich aren't concerned with that. In the original article they even mentioned other teams doing similar things, but most of the other teams were East and West coast teams - a lot of where their money comes from. Also, the Astros "cheated" the Dodgers out of a WS, which is a much bigger story to sell. They want the clicks, not necessarily baseball justice for all.

On top of that, Manfred didn't want to make it look like a league wide issue since he issued a league notice in the middle of 2017 resulting from the Red Sox and Yankees and investigating them again would make him look weak as they would be defying him. So he opened an investigation into only the Astros. It wasn't until all of the player interviews and how involved Cora was that he was forced to open an investigation into the Red Sox. Logan Morrison was on record listing teams he knew of doing similar things and no one in the league looked into it.

Manfred knew that if he released the punishment for the Astros while the Red Sox investigation was on going that any cooperation from the Red Sox players was out the window at that point.

It's clear to me the intention was to hang all of this around one team, and while unfair, is just something to live with. MLB has a long history of going the route of trying to contain rather than actually trying to fix an issue.

Honestly, Joe Kelly's reaction that he was more mad that the Astros snitched than being caught cheating tells me all I need to know about how league wide it was.
TarponChaser
Beat40 said:

bluefire579 said:

Because guys like Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drelich aren't concerned with that. In the original article they even mentioned other teams doing similar things, but most of the other teams were East and West coast teams - a lot of where their money comes from. Also, the Astros "cheated" the Dodgers out of a WS, which is a much bigger story to sell. They want the clicks, not necessarily baseball justice for all.

On top of that, Manfred didn't want to make it look like a league wide issue since he issued a league notice in the middle of 2017 resulting from the Red Sox and Yankees and investigating them again would make him look weak as they would be defying him. So he opened an investigation into only the Astros. It wasn't until all of the player interviews and how involved Cora was that he was forced to open an investigation into the Red Sox. Logan Morrison was on record listing teams he knew of doing similar things and no one in the league looked into it.

Manfred knew that if he released the punishment for the Astros while the Red Sox investigation was on going that any cooperation from the Red Sox players was out the window at that point.

It's clear to me the intention was to hang all of this around one team, and while unfair, is just something to live with. MLB has a long history of going the route of trying to contain rather than actually trying to fix an issue.

Honestly, Joe Kelly's reaction that he was more mad that the Astros snitched than being caught cheating tells me all I need to know about how league wide it was.

Facts.

And piss on anybody who thinks there is or should be an asterisk on 2017.
TarponChaser
Good stuff.

I'd also like to point out that De Rosa's wife is a former model and still smoke, even after popping out a couple sex trophies.

https://instagr.am/p/B46E0DyFXxc
bearkatag15
AG
Odor got put on the 10 day IL. Sounds like he may have gotten the worse end of the collision
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Smart to get Diaz into the lineup and a lefty out.

I wonder if we see anyone sit for tomorrow's day game after the night game. We may get a volunteer or two to avoid having to see Cole and deal with Yankee fan cursing them out.
bearkatag15
AG

If he's ever going to play RF, Yankee stadium is the perfect place to do it
Ag_07
AG
Damn that slash line for Tucker is worse than I thought.
TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

Damn that slash line for Tucker is worse than I thought.

But his xBA is really high.
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.