***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,643 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Altuve supposed to be in the line up too. He and Correa should be a boost after yesterday's oof.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't know how much y'all have seen him quoted but Odo seems like such a good dude and teammate. He just seems to say all the right things.

AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

I don't know how much y'all have seen him quoted but Odo seems like such a good dude and teammate. He just seems to say all the right things.

Hope he can come around to be a reliable starter for us.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
Is Danielle Lerner taking over Chron Astros duty from Chandler? That would be a positive development. She seems like much much less of a *****y whiney frat boy troll wannabe journalist.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Good. Keep it open unless it's rain or over 90 degrees
bearkatag15
AG

Thank you for your service leading off Correa. Now you can get buried in the 6 hole
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Baez...
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Thank you for your service leading off Correa. Now you can get buried in the 6 hole

TED has to protect someone. May as well be Correa.
W
AG
all right, Urquidy has the "A" lineup behind him tonight
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Baez...

Damn. I wonder what the deal is with Baez. I guess if he returns healthy he'll be well rested for the stretch run but we could really use him rn.
bearkatag15
AG

Something that stuck out to me was Bregman's sprint speed only being 24.2 and Yordan's being 26. Bregman is closer to Maldy so far this year than Brantley/Yordan. I assume he hasn't been pushing it because of his hamstring.
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Something that stuck out to me was Bregman's sprint speed only being 24.2 and Yordan's being 26. Bregman is closer to Maldy so far this year than Brantley/Yordan. I assume he hasn't been pushing it because of his hamstring.

So that was a question brought up on the broadcast the other night. What is taken into account and when for sprint speed? Home run trots? Jogging out a routine grounder? Cruising into second on an easy stand up double?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Bregxit said:

bearkatag15 said:

So that was a question brought up on the broadcast the other night. What is taken into account and when for sprint speed? Home run trots? Jogging out a routine grounder? Cruising into second on an easy stand up double?

He's not slow but Bregman isn't exactly a burner. He's got pretty average speed.
W
AG
Kyle Seager...this might be his last season in a Seattle uniform. Team option for 2022
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit said:

bearkatag15 said:

Why would home run trots factor in or easy walks around the base. It would render the stat meaningless.

Here is the simple version:

Sprint Speed is Statcast's foot speed metric, defined as "feet per second in a player's fastest one-second window" on individual plays. For a player's seasonal average, the following two types of plays currently qualify for inclusion in Sprint Speed. The best of these runs, approximately two-thirds, are averaged for a player's seasonal average.
* Runs of two bases or more on non-homers, excluding being a runner on second base when an extra base hit happens
* Home to first on "topped" or "weakly hit" balls.
The Major League average on a "competitive" play is 27 ft/sec, and the competitive range is roughly from 23 ft/sec (poor) to 30 ft/sec (elite). A player must have at least 10 competitive runs to qualify for this leaderboard.
W
AG
nice escape by Urquidy
cap-n-jack
Not much movement on the fastball. Saw maybe a couple of sliders. Thought that would be a wipeout pitch tonight.
W
AG
Altuve still swinging it
zgood10
AG
Poor Julia
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Good grief he stole that by a mile
Big Al 1992
AG
Altuve full of antibodies!!!
cap-n-jack
Shouldn't the runner be calling for time? Professional courtesy maybe.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Yordan must not be seeing the fastball well so far. The two he watched were in the hit me zone
Mathguy64
AG
With Seager covering 3B was totally open. If Altuve just dissing slide and makes the turn he's standing on 3B.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
He saw that one
bearkatag15
AG
holy **** what a hit
W
AG
Yordan!

he was waiting for that pitch
zgood10
AG
SMOKED
jetch17
AG
Yord
Mathguy64
AG
That was hit so hard Haniger couldn't catch it
bearkatag15
AG
105.7 off the bat
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.