***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,817 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. I saw that and told Mrs Mathguy to find me that bad boy. I could not have done it without you. Credit where credit is due!
bearkatag15
AG

I feel confident in predicting something like this will likely never happen again with how quickly pitchers good the hook these days.
gougler08
AG
It's weird to hear Joe Buck doing color commentary
All I do is Nguyen
I hope that last night is a sign of things to come, not just for the team but for Javier as well. Dude was nails
agdaddy04
AG
If not I guess that means they'll have to be on YouTube the rest of the season and no more tv for games.
Farmer1906
AG
Looking at the metrics for Javier - here is where he's improving.

Velo up ~1 mpg on the heater & 2.5 mpg on the slider

His spin is similar to last year except for his curve. It's up and he's going to it much more.

He's attacking righties with high heat and then back door sliders.

He's attacking lefties with high heat away and back foot curves.

Ks are way up, BBs are down.

The only thing he doesn't have working for him is when he's been hit this year, it's been hard significantly more than last year.

bullard21k
AG
Farmer1906 said:

His spin is similar to last year except for his curve. It's up and he's going to it much more.

The only thing he doesn't have working for him is when he's been hit this year, it's been hard significantly more than last year.

I feel like Javier, enoldi and abreau all have the same main concern for me when they take the mound. All have electric stuff but they can be erratic with command. If they can keep free passes low they just seem drastically more effective

I know that's a little captain obvious but they start walking guys and they seem to mentality start thinking too much it seems
Farmer1906
AG
You may want to take Javier out of that group. He's only walked 3 guys all year.

Yes, the young BP guys need some control help. Scrubb, Taylor, Enoli, Abreu, etc. They all walk way too many.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bullard21k said:

Farmer1906 said:

I feel like Javier, enoldi and abreau all have the same main concern for me when they take the mound. All have electric stuff but they can be erratic with command. If they can keep free passes low they just seem drastically more effective

I know that's a little captain obvious but they start walking guys and they seem to mentality start thinking too much it seems

There's really only one way to get that out of their system and that's experience. Unfortunately they have to do on the job learning.
Ag_07
AG
Urquidy, Javier, and Garcia are going to be a studly 1/2/3 punch in the next few years.
bullard21k
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You may want to take Javier out of that group. He's only walked 3 guys all year.

Yes, the young BP guys need some control help. Scrubb, Taylor, Enoli, Abreu, etc. They all walk way too many.

To be fair he has only pitched 3 times and one of them he went 3 innings and the other two starts he went 5 innings.

But yes to this point he has been better. I felt like last year he was just average at this and had a few wild starts.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Harry Dunne
If you take away the Suzuki 12-pitch AB Javier goes another inning.

I like that at that point with the lead we were trying to challenge a not great hitter- it just didn't work out. He did get the job done, but racked up pitches and almost resulted in a HR several times. Hopefully we can keep scoring for him and he can go after guys a little more like JV does and even if it means the occasional solo homer, he can get deeper into games.

What a talent though. His delivery and electricity remind me of Pedro Martinez.

MaxPower
Farmer1906 said:

Bregxit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is that JJ Watt with dad bod?

That's our grade A badass in CF.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Urquidy, Javier, and Garcia are going to be a studly 1/2/3 punch in the next few years.

Agree that Javier and Urquidy will make a solid 2/3 punch behind Ace Garcia
07ag
AG
Deluxe said:

Ag_07 said:

whats with the framber hate?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I feel confident in predicting something like this will likely never happen again with how quickly pitchers good the hook these days.
It is so funny to me watching back old videos of that generation of baseball and seeing how they're all built...no one will ever convince me they didn't ALL know what was going on. They remind me of comparing the players of regular NFL video games to "NFL BLITZ" video game characters.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Every time I watch a clip from that "era" that's all I think about it... No homeaux
cap-n-jack
TOFA

I didn't get to watch last night because I'm an old and couldn't find the YouTube channel on DTV. But I heard we did good. Let's string together some wins and get back in this thing boys. Still plenty of time. LFG
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Ag_07 said:

We locked up McCullers remember. (2027 FA)

Also, yall wrong for sleeping on Framber just because he hurt his finger. (2026 FA)

Co-Co Aces with Garica?
bluefire579
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The dude dropping his glove during the second one and reaching down like he could potentially reach it from there
Mathguy64
AG
TOFA
cap-n-jack
Aren't you supposed to be teaching our next generation of leaders about trigonometry about right now?
MaxPower
Maybe he's teaching them about measuring circumference this week?
Farmer1906
AG
Something about volume and ratios.
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Aren't you supposed to be teaching our next generation of leaders about trigonometry about right now?

It's a problem of maximizing surface area for a fixed volume. It also incorporates mass and moments of inertia as well as torsion.
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64 said:

cap-n-jack said:

It's a problem of maximizing surface area for a fixed volume. It also incorporates mass and moments of inertia as well as torsion.
You might have to teach about the elasticity of a waistband too once they see that .gif
bearkatag15
AG
Angels mash Greinke historically

Hopefully we get the same Greinke from his last start.
Farmer1906
AG
I haven't seen the Angels lineup posted yet. Let's wait and see who's in it. Plus I wouldn't be too crazy about what Pujols did vs Greinke 10 years ago.

He's had 3 starts vs LAA as an Astro. 1 poor, 1 okay, and 1 good.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I haven't seen the Angels lineup posted yet. Let's wait and see who's in it. Plus I wouldn't be too crazy about what Pujols did vs Greinke 10 years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trout out
CoachRTM
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Almost back to normal personnel.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

While I don't question his value, I'm surprised he's coming up without a stop at the alternate site first. I don't think he could be there before because of his suspension
bearkatag15
AG
Emanuel has had a very iffy career in the minors which has lasted 10 years. 2019 was the first year since 2013 he posted an ERA below 4
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.