***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,930 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man I miss AJ. It's so irrational...never really gave two ****s about a manager before except maybe Dierker.
Texaggie7nine
Looks like i wore the right shirt to the game tonight
7nine
Kashchei
AG
Bregxit said:

Man I miss AJ. It's so irrational...never really gave two ****s about a manager before except maybe Dierker.

I don't blame you with all the duds we've had sans Dierker and Scrap Iron.
Bregxit
AG
Four oppo tacos for the Tigres tonight. Nuts.
ChAg1799
AG
The "I don't give a ****" Correa is back... WTF are these at bats?
Farmer1906
AG
Alright.

It's time

We need to break out of this.

Start posting fatties.

Change your routines.

Bregxit
AG
Yuli is just mashing everything right now.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Bregxit
AG
What in the actual **** just happened? Why is Machete PHing for Altuve with two on?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
That ended about everyone imagined.
Bregxit
AG
I am still at a loss...did Dusty just quit that game?
scrimp
AG
Bregxit said:

What in the actual **** just happened? Why is Machete PHing for Altuve with two on?
That's a dang good question.... I try not to blame/credit managers too much either way, but in what universe does it makes sense to pull Altuve for your catcher that is a huge slump...
agdaddy04
AG
Bregxit said:

And that's Dusty for you...
PETE2019
AG
Took the Astros live +5.5 and then Dusty does that to me...
Marvin
AG
Averaged 9 runs in 4 games against Oakland. Scored 9 runs in the last 4 games combined. Talk about a correction.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Y'all know what they say about momentum, right?

It's your next days starting pitcher.

Ace McCullers will get us back on track.
Ag_07
AG
The only thing I can fathom is you're losing either way so might as well and send Maldy up there and if he comes through that may boost his confidence and get him going. If he doesn't you lose like you were going to if Altuve hit and Maldy is still in the same slump he started the game in.

That about all I got
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Can he hit?
agdaddy04
AG
Ag_07 said:

The only thing I can fathom is you're losing either way so might as well and send Maldy up there and if he comes through that may boost his confidence and get him going. If he doesn't you lose like you were going to if Altuve hit and Maldy is still in the same slump he started the game in.

That about all I got
After seeing some of the Astros comebacks in the past, and with the top of the lineup coming up - it's not excusable.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Can he hit?

He's got more WS RBIs than Trout, Tatis Jr, & Acuna Jr combined.
Ag_07
AG
Oh I never said it was excusable

Just trying to figure why how on earth he came to final conclusion that it was a good idea.
redline248
AG
Saw some tweets quoting Dusty about just getting guys out to rest their legs. He mentioned Brantley, Yuli, Bregman and Altuve. So maybe he did just kind of give up on last night's game?
Farmer1906
AG
Fangraphs released their top 33 Astros Prospects.

Some of the ETAs look a little off (Leon in 2025? c'mon man). This is the lowest I've seen Whitley.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-33-prospects-houston-astros/
Deluxe
AG
Would love to take Pena take another step forward this year and enter spring training next year as the man to beat for the SS job assuming Correa leaves.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
W said:

Chas sighting
Did he change numbers? I thought at the beginning of the year he was #6
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
April 14, 1986 - Off-day.
The Astros had an off-day on April 14, 1986, something their 2021 brethren could do with after starting the season 6-1 ,then dropping four straight.
The first full week of games was in the books for the 1986 season and the two hottest teams in baseball were the defending NL Champion St. Louis Cardinals and the surprising New York Yankees, both 5-1. The Cardinals capped their first week by beating the Mets 6-2 in 13 innings thanks to extra-inning magic from Ozzie Smith, who hit a clutch two-run double to win the game. Smith was up to his old tricks in the field and was hitting .429 in his first week, with 5 RBI. The Cardinals were stacked top to bottom and had the league's most exciting young outfield in Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, and Andy Van Slyke. The Yankees had just missed the playoffs in 1985 despite winning 97 games (think about that, wild card era fans). They took 2 out of 3 from the world champion Royals to start the year, including a 6-5 10th inning walk-off win thanks to the bat of cocaine enthusiast Dale Berra. The team's newest star, Don Mattingly, was hitting .320 while Mr. May Dave Winfield was off to a terrible start, hitting .095.
The AL West was a four-way tie for first between the California Angels, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners, and Texas Rangers. It was considerably rare air for the Mariners, who had never finished better than 74-88 since joining the AL in 1977. Ditto for the Rangers, who had moved to Arlington in 1972 and never been to the playoffs, with their last winning season during the 1981 strike. The Rangers had the game's most heralded young slugger in rookie Pete Incavilgia, who I once saw drink about 7 pitchers of beer at the Hooters on Kirby and 59 after a game, while he was hanging out with Moises Alou and John Cangelosi. The Rangers had drafted Inky #1 overall out of Oklahoma State the year before and brought him straight to the majors. He looked overmatched most of the time at the plate that first week, hitting just .107, but had a homer, two doubles, and 4 RBI as well.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
When it comes to slumpbusters, nobody beats Mookie Wilson.

agdaddy04
AG
Rest their legs... it was one damn at bat. I could somewhat see it if he was coming up with nobody on and two outs. But not two on.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Would love to take Pena take another step forward this year and enter spring training next year as the man to beat for the SS job assuming Correa leaves.
That would be big if he was ready to produce. Hopefully, we'd be willing to trade for a big bat outfielder or sign another big arm in the bullpen. We'll have money to blow. Think we can lock TED in for a 10 year deal?
redline248
AG
Put that together with Mark Grace's thoughts, and I guess we better get our guys to bang a big ol' brontosaurus.
MaxPower
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

That would be big if he was ready to produce. Hopefully, we'd be willing to trade for a big bat outfielder or sign another big arm in the bullpen. We'll have money to blow. Think we can lock TED in for a 10 year deal?
If we lose Correa (plus Greinke) then we better sign more than just a big bullpen arm.

I'd be fine with Pena if they can surround him with enough offense. I don't feel great about him with Machete and Straw. That's entirely too much fading. Another reason not to sign machete. If you lose Correa you may have no choice but to splurge on an adequate hitting catcher.

All that said, I'd rather resign Correa and use Pena as a trade chip. Maybe to the SS needy Marlins for one of their young arms.
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

If we lose Correa (plus Greinke) then we better sign more than just a big bullpen arm.

I'd be fine with Pena if they can surround him with enough offense. I don't feel great about him with Machete and Straw. That's entirely too much fading. Another reason not to sign machete. If you lose Correa you may have no choice but to splurge on an adequate hitting catcher.

All that said, I'd rather resign Correa and use Pena as a trade chip. Maybe to the SS needy Marlins for one of their young arms.
But you don't want to spend dumb money just to spend it.

That adequate hitter catcher just isn't there. There is JT Realmuto and then everyone else for the most part. He's locked up with Philly.

If you want a SP you have Thor, Stroman, and a bunch of older guys (Kershaw, Verlander, Greinke, Scherzer). Should we break the bank to Thor coming off of TJ? Stroman is solid. He may be worth looking into. Without signing anyone we'd run a rotation of LMJ, Framber, Odo, Javier, Urquidy, and then Gacia/Ivey/Abreau as the next man up. Its serviceable. Money IMO would be better spent on the BP.

If you want an OFer... well there ain't much there. We need a CF. We're going to need to trade for one.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG

Max when it comes to discussing Machete and catchers hitting in general
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

MaxPower said:

But you don't want to spend dumb money just to spend it.

That adequate hitter catcher just isn't there. There is JT Realmuto and then everyone else for the most part. He's locked up with Philly.

If you want a SP you have Thor, Stroman, and a bunch of older guys (Kershaw, Verlander, Greinke, Scherzer). Should we break the bank to Thor coming off of TJ? Stroman is solid. He may be worth looking into. Without signing anyone we'd run a rotation of LMJ, Framber, Odo, Javier, Urquidy, and then Gacia/Ivey/Abreau as the next man up. Its serviceable. Money IMO would be better spent on the BP.

If you want an OFer... well there ain't much there. We need a CF. We're going to need to trade for one.
Personally I want nothing to do with Stroman, the way he ran his mouth with all of the scandal studd...he can EAD for all I care
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.