***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,685 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the second 454-ft HR he's hit this year
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

bearkatag15 said:

Holy **** Naquin hit another one
He could've been our CF this season.

He could've been a lot of teams CF this season. Not many teams saw this coming. I hope he's able to keep it up.
Ag_07
AG
From the Ranger thread

Quote:

At least the Padres did not hit a grand slam.
Marvin
AG
Thanks Farmer for the Park Whiz recommendation. Parked as close to the Center Field entrance as you can get. $45 lot and I paid $6.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
That was my first ever game in Minute Maid. The fireworks after was exceptional. The game was . Will have to come back so I can see the train in action.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Ag_07
AG
I know we're all a bit biased but I think it really is one of the best parks in MLB.

Not a bad seat in the place
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag_07 said:

I know we're all a bit biased but I think it really is one of the best parks in MLB.

Not a bad seat in the place

I'm biased towards Busch, but will be seeing a game in GLP next week and I'm excited to compare the two. Might post a write up in the trash talking thread and let the fans of the twoTexas teams take it from there
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
bearkatag15
AG
Reds/DBacks are tied in the bottom of the 9th. Cionel Perez is pitching for the Reds

AND MADBUM IS PINCH HITTING!!!

He popped up in the infield... would have been cool if he walked it off.
CoachRTM
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Maybe he tweets the prediction every game and deletes after.

He doesn't delete them
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

Did Musgrove get a ring with us in 2017?

He was here wasn't he? I just don't remember him. Maybe he wasn't on the roster?

Winning pitcher Game 5
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
April 10, 1986: Houston Astros 4, San Francisco Giants 0
Attendance: 6,070, Game Duration: 2:27
Record: 1-2, 1 game out of first in the NL West

Astros Starting Lineup
Hatcher RF
Doran 2B
Garner 3B
Davis 1B
Bass CF
Thon SS
Bailey C
Bullock LF
Knepper P

The Astros finally got into the win column in 1986 for the first time with a dominant performance by my mom's second-least favorite Astro of all time. Crafty left-hander Bob Knepper, coming off back-to-back 15-win seasons with the Astros, tossed a complete-game, 5-hit shutout with no walks and 5 strikeouts to salvage a game of the opening home series against the now first-place Giants. He defeated Vida Blue, denying the 1971 Cy Young Award winner his 200th career victory. 1986 would be the final year of Blue's 17-season career.
Knepper allowed only one extra-base hit, a double by Robby Thompson in the top of the second that gave the Giants runners on second and third with two outs. He then struck out Jose Uribe looking to end the inning.
Blue allowed just two baserunners through the first three innings before Phil Garner touched him for a one-out double in the bottom of the fourth, and Kevin Bass chased him home with a two-out single to give Houston the only run it would ultimately need.
In the bottom of the sixth, Billy Hatcher showcased the speed the Astros has been wanting when they traded for him in the off-season. He singled to open the inning, stole second, went to third on Bob Brenly's throwing error, then scored on a Vida Blue wild pitch - all in the course of Billy Doran's at-bat!
The good guys doubled their lead in the bottom of the eighth when Glenn Davis doubled in Doran, and Thon doubled in Davis. Thon and Bass were on fire to start the season, with the shortstop hitting .571 in the first three games, and the outfielder at .400.
The team sent the Giants on their way and prepared to welcome in the Braves for the first weekend series at the Astrodome. The Braves were coming off a 66-96 1985 campaign and were led by perennial all-star Dale Murphy and everyone's favorite fat-ass, Bob Horner.

Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Thanks Farmer for the Park Whiz recommendation. Parked as close to the Center Field entrance as you can get. $45 lot and I paid $6.

Glad it worked out. I already booked my parking for my next game. We'll have to see how long we can keep this going.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjack16 said:

We lost tonight because I had a school event. Couldn't wear my ripped jeans
redline248
AG
Josh Rojas, part of the Grienke trade, was 0-4 with a walk when I flipped by in the 10th. Been playing SS and is hitting .074

Far as I can tell none of the other players in that trade are on the Dbacks roster.
tjack16
AG
Corbin Martin will be on that roster at some point soon.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Quote:

The Astros finally got into the win column in 1986 for the first time with a dominant performance by my mom's second-least favorite Astro of all time. Crafty left-hander Bob Knepper, coming off back-to-back 15-win seasons with the Astros, tossed a complete-game, 5-hit shutout with no walks and 5 strikeouts to salvage a game of the opening home series against the now first-place Giants.

I'll bet I know why your mom didn't like Knepper. MLB was experimenting with a female ump and he came out against it. I remember wearing my Astros cap on vacation on a tour at the Custer Battlefield and some woman commented on it saying that was the team that "nasty old pitcher played for". Knepper was amazing in that his pitches seemed so soft it looked like anyone could have hit against him.
bearkatag15
AG

Bregman off day
bearkatag15
AG

No good. Need more reliever help
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't think my mom cared about female umpires. She was always pissed that he admitted being worn out for the top of the 9th in Game 6 with the Mets, but not bothering to mention that to Hal Lanier. He was charged with all three earned runs that sent it to extra innings.

The only player she despised more was Enos Cabell, who was a train wreck in Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS against the Phillies - got thrown out at the plate trying to score on an error to end an inning, struck out looking with RISP in the 8th, swung at the first pitch he saw to make the final out in the 10th.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

No good. Need more reliever help

Odd how quickly things can change. I thought the pen would be much better this year with experience, adding a couple of veterans and getting Smith back. They haven't been bad, on balance, but the team really needs Raley and Taylor to perform when called on to get lefties out. I'll assume Smith just had a couple of bad outings, but he needs to get his mojo back after the Angels and A's both took him to the cleaners.
Marvin
AG
Straw is performing well so far. Don't discount the pressure of replacing Springer (even imagined). What an understated weapon he could be with the lineup turning over later in games if he can maintain something resembling a .375 OBP- and before you discount this, he carried a .378 OBP in over 100 at bats in 2019. It's possible.
bearkatag15
AG

Some interesting names on this list. Surprised that some of these guys still haven't been picked up
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
Farmer1906
AG
He got cheered while everyone else was booed.
Farmer1906
AG
We don't exactly have room on our 40 man, but Shane Greene would be a decent bullpen option.
bullard21k
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Some interesting names on this list. Surprised that some of these guys still haven't been picked up

I know cespedes has had lots of injuries and isn't anywhere near the level of Oakland/first year in New York...but has he really fallen off that far he can't even get signed? Haven't followed him recently but man that's a big fall if so
dshedd41
S
I know, I watched the game. Shows you how loved he was by Houston Astros fans
Gig’em Aggies!
McInnis
AG
Quote:

The only player she despised more was Enos Cabell, who was a train wreck in Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS against the Phillies - got thrown out at the plate trying to score on an error to end an inning, struck out looking with RISP in the 8th, swung at the first pitch he saw to make the final out in the 10th.
Ah yes, Enos Cabell, aka "the thrashing machine" as my brother-in-law called him for his tendency to swing at sliders in the dirt.
Prosperdick
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

April 10, 1986: Houston Astros 4, San Francisco Giants 0
Attendance: 6,070, Game Duration: 2:27
Record: 1-2, 1 game out of first in the NL West

Astros Starting Lineup
Hatcher RF
Doran 2B
Garner 3B
Davis 1B
Bass CF
Thon SS
Bailey C
Bullock LF
Knepper P

The Astros finally got into the win column in 1986 for the first time with a dominant performance by my mom's second-least favorite Astro of all time. Crafty left-hander Bob Knepper, coming off back-to-back 15-win seasons with the Astros, tossed a complete-game, 5-hit shutout with no walks and 5 strikeouts to salvage a game of the opening home series against the now first-place Giants. He defeated Vida Blue, denying the 1971 Cy Young Award winner his 200th career victory. 1986 would be the final year of Blue's 17-season career.
Knepper allowed only one extra-base hit, a double by Robby Thompson in the top of the second that gave the Giants runners on second and third with two outs. He then struck out Jose Uribe looking to end the inning.
Blue allowed just two baserunners through the first three innings before Phil Garner touched him for a one-out double in the bottom of the fourth, and Kevin Bass chased him home with a two-out single to give Houston the only run it would ultimately need.
In the bottom of the sixth, Billy Hatcher showcased the speed the Astros has been wanting when they traded for him in the off-season. He singled to open the inning, stole second, went to third on Bob Brenly's throwing error, then scored on a Vida Blue wild pitch - all in the course of Billy Doran's at-bat!
The good guys doubled their lead in the bottom of the eighth when Glenn Davis doubled in Doran, and Thon doubled in Davis. Thon and Bass were on fire to start the season, with the shortstop hitting .571 in the first three games, and the outfielder at .400.
The team sent the Giants on their way and prepared to welcome in the Braves for the first weekend series at the Astrodome. The Braves were coming off a 66-96 1985 campaign and were led by perennial all-star Dale Murphy and everyone's favorite fat-ass, Bob Horner.

I remember whenever we played the Cubs Harry Carey would butcher everyone's name, he really could care less about getting them right. For Bob Knepper he pronounced it Bob Cu-ne-poo...I don't know where in the world he got that from...probably drunk.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Between today (4/10) and 4/20, we play 7 games and have 3 off days. Hopefully we can get some length from our starters in the next few games. Odorizzi coming back will shift one starter to the bullpen for long relief and scrubb coming back will give us another fresh arm
Ag_07
AG
I'm assuming the roof is open today?
W
AG
let's see if the Blue Jays (3-5) can do something against the Angels today.

Toronto is missing George.

Jays are 12th in the AL in runs scored
tjack16
AG
Bregman out today with "sore legs"
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.