Streaming availability for Astros games in 2021??

3,374 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agproducer
AggieNiebs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are Astros games available for streaming with a given app? I am in the Houston region, so things like MLB app and such are not available?

Thanks in advance
AstroAggie15
AG
Fubo if you live within this area
AggieNiebs
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Fubo if you live within this area

That was my fear. Their minimum contract is $65/month.... that's just outrageous for streaming tv (especially for just the 1 channel I want).

Thanks though for the reply.
Ag_07
AG
FWIW...Fubo has been great for us.

I think to have Bravo for the wife, Disney and Nick for the kids, and ATT, ESPN, and SEC for me all in one service is worth $65/month.
agproducer
AG
Smart DNS or VPN + MLB.tv = Astros
ktownag08
AG
ATT TV Now finally has ATT Sportsnet so will get Astros!

A bit more expensive that other services, but I'm a long time subscriber so get decent discount.
RED AG 98
AG
Curious if this is still working for you? I have both a big corporate as well as personal VPN that have worked in prior years, but this opening week I am getting a random nondescript "There was an error" message and resorting to r/streams... TIA
All I do is Nguyen
Mlb66.ir You're welcome.
agproducer
AG
rdunham98 said:

Curious if this is still working for you? I have both a big corporate as well as personal VPN that have worked in prior years, but this opening week I am getting a random nondescript "There was an error" message and resorting to r/streams... TIA

It is not, and I'm pissed. But I found a better option than the streams on sportssurge.net (former mlb streams reddit). I'm using Hehestreams. I hope it lasts. The apps work on roku. I have watched all the games with hehe. I've also read uzzu tv works, but I haven't tried it. I'm about to cancel mlb.tv and my smart DNS because it appears mlb is now cracking down on the site. I've used strong vpn, unlocator and nordvpn. None worked.
wangus12
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

Mlb66.ir You're welcome.

Sailing the high seas my friend
Jimothy
Longtime lurker of Texags and the Astros Threads. Registered just to say that I have been using Uzzu.tv as someone mentioned above. It has all the MLB channels with no blackouts and AT&T Sportsnet. You can pay $6.99 weekly, $19.99 monthly, or $119.99 yearly for the service.
SabineAg
AG
So for someone in Houston/has a Apple TV - is ATT 's streaming service the way to go for watching the Astros?

I've got YouTube TV and not getting to watch is a deal killer / also don't want to have to go through some website
agproducer
AG
I mentioned Hehestreams earlier. There is an app for Roku. I'm not sure for Apple TV.
agracer
AG
I've been using ExpressVPN to watch the Royals and was mirroring the game from the mlbTV site on the Brave browser on my iPad to my Tv. Well now the browser redirects you to the App Store and the only way to watch is thru the MLB App itself. It still works fine but the app will not allow screen mirroring giving a "you cannot record MLB content ".....

Does MLB realize making it a huge PITA to watch games is not helping to bring in new viewers? Just how hard headed are the morons at MLB?
AggieZUUL
AG
Ag_07 said:

FWIW...Fubo has been great for us.

I think to have Bravo for the wife, Disney and Nick for the kids, and ATT, ESPN, and SEC for me all in one service is worth $65/month.

I'll second that.. just switched from Woke Hulu over to Fubo (i keep calling it FUBU) and it's a springtime miracle to have the Stros streaming back in my house legally.

RED AG 98
AG
I changed nothing on my side but for whatever reason Europe-based VPN is working for me today and I'm watching a little afternoon baseball!

I cannot wait for the idiotic MLB blackout rules to be modernized...
Texker
AG
The Rangers are playing in SF. I live in D/FW. I'm not going to the damn game but I would watch it if allowed.
John Wathen
Jimothy I use Hulu. If I sign up for Uzzu TV, is the Astros Att sports channel a basic channel included. And does the no blackouts cover this area, I live near Lake Conroe.
Thanks for feedback.
Booma94
AG
agproducer said:

I mentioned Hehestreams earlier. There is an app for Roku. I'm not sure for Apple TV.
I like this app. One question, I tried to purchase a subscription and it wouldn't go through. I was able to get another 4 hour trial. Is there a limit to the number of trials one can get?
agproducer
AG
I'm not sure. I had no issue with the subscription. I did a month subscription to try it out, and then renewed for a full season. You may want to contact the site with the issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.