Holy massive contract, Batman!!!

2,305 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Farmer1906
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
investorAg83
AG
To be clear, I'm shocked by the 14 year number. The per year is a steal if that's the case.
ORAggieFan
It's a bit of a bargain due to him having a number of club control options on current contract. Lock him in for less in future giving him more now and guaranteed. Love it.
investorAg83
AG
ORAggieFan said:

It's a bit of a bargain due to him having a number of club control options on current contract. Lock him in for less in future giving him more now and guaranteed. Love it.

He just turned 22 a month ago...
W
AG
that's the big risk.

giving that much money to a 22-year old in any profession
TMACsDaMan
where did the Padres get the scratch?! did they find old stock shares of mcdonald's that ray kroc buried under the demolished Murph?!
MaxPower
Apparently they got rid of some minority owners and now power is more consolidated. Seidler apparently believes in spending money to make money and can now do so without more conservative partners.
Panama Red
AG
Are people forgetting that he hit a grand slam with a lead in the game against the Rangers? That was unforgivable for some of the holy writers and fans.
investorAg83
AG
Panama Red said:

Are people forgetting that he hit a grand slam with a lead in the game against the Rangers? That was unforgivable for some of the holy writers and fans.

No one really cares. It was a headline for a day.
Farmer1906
AG
investorAg83 said:

To be clear, I'm shocked by the 14 year number. The per year is a steal if that's the case.
This is going to turn over very well if he continues to be the great player he is.

He would have had 1 more near league min, 3 years of arb, and then hit the market at 26.

Going on Lindor's # plus 10% (Tatis is better) - 56 M before FA. He would only need to sign a 10 year 284 M to match the 340 he got. I think he could easily get Mookie money at 12 year 365 M.

Things go as expected he would have ended up with 400+ in the next 14 years. He takes a 60 M discount (maybe more) to get the money sooner and cover the risk between now and 2025.
The Lost

props to the guy for being secure at 22, but damn i dont see how players sign big deals in Cali.
AgRyan04
He's is basically a stimulus package
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Bobby Bonilla will still be cashing checks from the Mets after this contract is expired.
double aught
AG
Call me when he gets 8 RBIs in an inning.
ORAggieFan
Bought my Padres season tickets last night.
Farmer1906
AG
Awesome. It's going to be a fun season for them. The battles with the Dodgers should be intense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.