Does it bother anyone besides me that...

1,705 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 94chem
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moonlight Graham still never got an official at-bat?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
McInnis
AG
Neither did Pat Olsen. Or big John Byington.
94chem
He did get an RBI, though. And then he had to liberate a hot dog. Because the dude from 30-Something dropped a little girl, and then Darth Vader walked into a corn field.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Aggies2009
AG
Funny enough, the real Moonlight Graham returned to play collegiate baseball and football after spending time in the majors.

1905 was a different time.
Coog97
The Baseball Encyclopedia was such a fun book in which to randomly get lost in the pre-internet days!
jkag89
Coog97 said:

The Baseball Encyclopedia was such a fun book in which to randomly get lost in the pre-internet days!
Spent hours upon hours leafing through my copy of Total Baseball that I got for Christmas around '95ish.

A difference between the novel Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa and the film Field of Dreams is that the games played in Iowa are the actual games that would have occurred if the 1919 sandal did not lead banning from the Game of Shoeless Joe and the rest of the Black Sox and J,D. Salinger (the author kidnapped in novel rather than Terence Mann) could see in his copy of The Baseball Encyclopedia subtle changes after each game played on Ray Kinsella's "lawn."
94chem
Those of you into fanciful baseball fiction might enjoy Play for a Kingdom.
94chem,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.