MLB Covid Protocols

2,381 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mandatory masks for everyone in the game.
Mandatory covid tests every other day.
Players not allowed in indoor bars or restaurants.

This is pretty insane.
Marvin
AG
Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Batters have to wear masks?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
WoMD
Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Link?
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Batters have to wear masks?

Masks only need to worn in dugout or facility. Not on field

Same policy as 2020 season
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://es.pn/3a4dgyP

I'm a little surprised the players agreed to some of this.
The Milkman
AG
The one thing I thought was noteworthy and good was that there won't be games cancelled just because of a positive test. They'll just pull someone up from the taxi squad
TXAggie2011
AG
Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.
I don't think they have to wear masks while on the field, although I noticed last year some players did keep something over the face while out in the field.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised by this or really care that much---both sides agreed to the protocols.
AggieNiebs
AG
Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Why is it insane? You do realize we're still living in a global pandemic that is killing thousands of Americans a day right?
Among other things, wear a mask and we can have baseball.... I don't I'd we stand why after an entire year, we still have people like you who just don't get it. The other option is NOT having baseball at all. Why are masks so scary for you?
WoMD
AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Why is it insane? You do realize we're still living in a global pandemic that is killing thousands of Americans a day right?
Among other things, wear a mask and we can have baseball.... I don't I'd we stand why after an entire year, we still have people like you who just don't get it. The other option is NOT having baseball at all. Why are masks so scary for you?

Why not have them get vaccinated and then it makes literally no difference what they do in terms of masks and all the other nonsense...? If the vaccine works, which thus far it seems that it does, then these should be non-issues. Also consider that these are some of the healthiest people in the world, so the risks are next to zero, especially if they have a vaccine on board.
Carlo4
AG
AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Football got through a season without missing a game in much closer quarters than that of a baseball game and had less restrictive rules, right?

BMX Bandit
very close to the same rules. the "ankle bracelet thing is what the NFL medical people credit with there not being any widespread outbreaks.
Proposition Joe
WoMD said:

AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Why not have them get vaccinated and then it makes literally no difference what they do in terms of masks and all the other nonsense...? If the vaccine works, which thus far it seems that it does, then these should be non-issues. Also consider that these are some of the healthiest people in the world, so the risks are next to zero, especially if they have a vaccine on board.

Because trying to force vaccination on the players union was an absolute non-starter?
Proposition Joe
Carlo4 said:

AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Football got through a season without missing a game in much closer quarters than that of a baseball game and had less restrictive rules, right?

Football did miss games.

And their schedule is 90% shorter.

One of the biggest issues MLB has to face is scheduling. 150+ games for each team flying across the country not only has to be cost effective, but also can't offer teams significant advantages when it comes to rest/jet-lag. A team misses a game in the NFL? Ok we'll skip this week and make it up on the back end if needed.

A team misses a series in the MLB? 1-2 you can handle shifting, but if you get 5-6 teams having series get postponed and the schedule becomes a disaster for both the players and the fans.
astros4545
AG
AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

AggieNiebs
AG
WoMD said:

AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Because money can't (or shouldn't) buy vaccines. Once we have enough for everyone, absolutely, they all should be. But saying that they should get it before others while inventory is low is ridiculous. They are some of the most healthy men in the world. They are completely capable of wearing masks to protect them even more.
This is evident by how many players wore masks last season even while playing alone out in the field. They knew how little it affected them, but how important that are. I give them all the credit In the world.
TxAg82
AG
Pretty sure the only thing that buys vaccines is money.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Football did miss games.

Not in the actual season
Aggies2009
AG
AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.

Yeah, comrades! Fall in line like good little sheep and we'll allow you to have some of the things you love. Don't and we will take them away.

You're the fascist, though.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

AggieNiebs said:

Cromagnum said:

This is pretty insane.
Yeah, comrades! Fall in line like good little sheep and we'll allow you to have some of the things you love. Don't and we will take them away.

You're the fascist, though.
There isn't anything "fascist" about a group of private business owners negotiating and reaching an agreement with their employees on how they're going to run and behave during the "work season."
MarathonAg12
Do we have to wear the masks?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
WoMD said:

So you just havnt noticed that the vaccine is basically worthless and does nothing to prevent you from needing to socially distance or stop wearing a mask...
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AggieNiebs said:

More of the fact that after a full year of bull sh*t it is pretty well proven that masks dont do a damn thing but serve as a constant reminder for people to live in fear and when you see someone not willing to submit to group think, that those people need to be feared and reported.

The brown shirts love your dedication to their movement
TXAggie2011
AG
Yikes, bro
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.