RIP Tommy Lasorda

1,038 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Legal Custodian
Corporal Punishment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/ny-tommy-lasorda-dodgers-obit-20210108-lbbzetu74bgfzcsjdjil7g4zda-story.html

Quote:

Tommy Lasorda has reported to the Great Dodger in the Sky and a lot of laughter and bluster has gone out of baseball.

The oldest living Baseball Hall of Famer, Lasorda died Friday in Southern Caliornia, just days after being released from the hospital for what was thought to be a heart ailment.

In honor of Tommy:

All I do is Nguyen
2021 claimed it's first celebrity RIP Tommy
No matter what
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
He was 93. He had a good run.
W
AG
sad news.

I went to a Dodgers-Giants game at Candlestick Park back in the early 90's...and true to form...Lasorda took his pregame lap around the stadium waving at all the Giants' fans. That was good stuff
W
AG
the 1988 World Series will always be the feather in Lasorda's cap.

that was an enormous upset of the superstar-laden A's in 5 games. Oakland won 104 games that season with the likes of Eckersly, McGwire, Canseco, Stewart, Lansford, Steinbach, D.Henderson, Parker, et al

I don't think the 88 Dodgers have any Hall of Famers. Hershiser and Gibson were close
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Met him at Olsen during a regional game in the 90s. All I remember was that he must have used an entire bottle of cologne.
jkag89
Don Sutton's final season was with the '88 Dodgers. Had a decent 3.92 ERA but a 3-6 W-L record. He did not pitch in the Postseason. As much as I hate the effin' Dodgers you have to tip your cap to the '88 World Champs. and Tommy Lasorda. Riposare in Pace Tommy.
Legal Custodian
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Met him at Olsen during a regional game in the 90s. All I remember was that he must have used an entire bottle of cologne.
I was about to ask about him at Olsen. I've heard a few stories about his time there mainly tailgating. Why was he there at Olsen? Scouting?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.