*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

400,623 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They did and the Astros turned around and nearly got back to the WS so **** em!
bearkatag15
AG

1:17 of sexiness... really excited to see Enoli pitch again this year
The Milkman
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Toronto has such sweet jerseys
ChAg1799
AG
Since I grew up an Oiler fan, I am a sucker for almost all uniforms that are powder blue.
TarponChaser
Beat40 said:

That was pretty good from Passan.

However, it just goes to show you how badly the Astros got hung out to dry.

They definitely cheated and are paying for it, but the league absolutely tied the weight to the Astros and dropped them into the ocean for the sake of the league.

Seriously.

How bloody stupid and naive are people to believe that the Astros were the only team doing this crap and that Altuve was wearing a wire? In reverse, there have been all sorts of investigating and no evidence whatsoever of wearing a wire and in every single statement regarding the sign-stealing investigation it's stated that the Astros were behind the league in their system and just doing what everybody else was doing.

Baseball has always had a culture of bending the rules and that's what the Astros did. Same as everybody else. They were just better at it than anybody else. The sanctimony and hypocrisy is what kills me.
redline248
AG
People believe any old lie that gets repeated enough.
agproducer
AG
I had to come visit a thread that makes me feel good and gives me hope. The Astros, even with everything that has happened and even with losing George, give me hope.

I had to get off of the Texans thread. I thought the way the Astros handled the sign stealing scandal was bad, but Crane is not inept. He wants to win and had shown he can stick to a plan. The Texans have no compass.

Baseball season cannot get back soon enough.
Big Al 1992
AG
Blast from the past - Deshaies, Cammy, Lasorda

Ag_07
AG
Fck the Dodgers
agdaddy04
AG
Loved watching Cedeno play as well.
3B Paul 97
AG
Ag_07 said:

Fck the Dodgers

I wish I could give you more blue stars
Jackal99
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Ag_07 said:

Fck the Dodgers

I wish I could give you more blue stars

I gave him one. And you.
Pahdz
TOOTBLAN of the highest order on that play
W
AG
for a moment I didn't recognize the Astrodome. Don't remember the bright blue padding in the outfield and behind home plate. Looked like Montreal at the beginning
Ag_07
AG
I personally love the dugouts that aren't really dug out. Astroturf all the way to the back wall with a chain link fence up front.

Sandlot style
maca1028
Caminiti
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

for a moment I didn't recognize the Astrodome. Don't remember the bright blue padding in the outfield and behind home plate. Looked like Montreal at the beginning

I don't recall the blue either. This Is how I remember it.

Mr.Ackar07
You could just see the curse words flowing through Lasorda's head when he was on camera.
AustinCountyAg
man I miss the $1 seats in the outfield at the dome. And the wide open standing area in right field were you could see through the chain link fence, and the biggest thing I miss are the padded seats.
Farmer1906
AG

This is a very cheap yet very good bat.
Mathguy64
AG
As much as I hate Pederson, for $7MM, 1 year thats a great deal. I would have learned to despise him less playing/platooning over what looks to be a year of Miles Straw.

I really wonder at this point just how financially constrained Click is. Because $7MM/1 year is peanuts.
07ag
AG
i wish click had gone after lester,, 1 year 5million? that's wade miley money
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mr.Bond
AG
I despise Jon Lester
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

mwm
Back in my early days, it was the "foamer" that excited me when in the Astrodome.
Marvin
AG
mwm said:

Back in my early days, it was the "foamer" that excited me when in the Astrodome.

I remember spending several evenings at the Dome in 1986. We drove over while living in Schumacher and did our best to get Billy Doran on the all-star team. We'd walk up and grab a giant stack of the ballots and spend 9 innings drinking "cold foam in the Dome" while stuffing the ballot box. Good times...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
Get yo beer here. Best foam in da dome.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This is a very cheap yet very good bat.

Gotta be the bombshell report he was hinting at with McAfee
Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

man I miss the $1 seats in the outfield at the dome. And the wide open standing area in right field were you could see through the chain link fence, and the biggest thing I miss are the padded seats.
I bought 4 of those 2014ish when they were selling them at the Astrodome and have them in my garage. They still smell like stale beer and farts.
n_touch
Harry Dunne said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I bought 4 of those 2014ish when they were selling them at the Astrodome and have them in my garage. They still smell like stale beer and farts.
How often do you smell them?
Snake Jazz
Harry Dunne said:

AustinCountyAg said:

If you're ever interested in selling those, let me know. One of my great regrets is that I didn't know they were selling those until seeing it on the news after it had happened.
3B Paul 97
AG
Marvin said:

mwm said:

I remember spending several evenings at the Dome in 1986. We drove over while living in Schumacher and did our best to get Billy Doran on the all-star team. We'd walk up and grab a giant stack of the ballots and spend 9 innings drinking "cold foam in the Dome" while stuffing the ballot box. Good times...

Schuhmacher Hall?
Marvin
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Marvin said:

mwm said:

Schuhmacher Hall?

Yep, is it still there?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
3B Paul 97
AG
Sure is. Spent 4 years there.
agproducer
AG
Ahh, Schumacher. I lived in Walton. I remember people would throw bicycles into the trees from Schumacher. Hahaha.
3B Paul 97
AG
I remember getting paint balls shot at me when walking to my room along the balcony. Of course, deserved it due the the obscenities I yelled at Walton the night before.

First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.