*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

400,555 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or just move the sign to the HOF area.

Its kind of situation where you can get the toothpaste back in the tube, but I wish we didn't litter the OF wall with community leader ads.

This wall looks better

Thank this wall

Edit: So do the foul/fair poles.
CFTXAG10
AG
Those pictures....

One day soon hopefully.
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

Its kind of situation where you can get the toothpaste back in the tube, but I wish we didn't litter the OF wall with community leader ads.

This wall looks better

Thank this wall

Bring back Tal's Hill and the flagpoles in the field of play.
Farmer1906
AG
Nah
ChAg1799
AG
TarponChaser said:

Bring back Tal's Hill and the flagpoles in the field of play.
I loved it too... but now that its gone, I don't miss it that much.
Ag_07
AG
I liked Tal's Hill and the flagpole.

But I like the new CF area, bar, patio set up that's out there now.

That's a great spot to watch, meet up at, grab a drink on the way in, and hang out. They nailed that.
Farmer1906
AG
They did. I'm excited to see how they did up in the RF corner. More areas like that the better. When I went to Coors a couple years ago, the had a huge area in the OF that was one big party.
Pahdz
Oswalt is the best pitcher in franchise history
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This wall looks better

Thank this wall

Jim crane is the Roger dorn of owners

Well fans, Roger Dorn has done a little redecorating around the ballpark. The outfield walls now look like the yellow pages. And any of you folks having trouble finding a good proctologist, might want to come down here and check out the area around the 375 foot sign. As for the game, we've got a real nailbiter here tonight. It's a lot closer than that 11-2 score.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG

No closer
Farmer1906
AG

Doesn't sound like JBJ is an option. Hopefully, Jake is.
W
AG
I suspect Dusty has been told to keep Pressly under 60 appearances
Mathguy64
AG
Surely they do something else in the outfield. Myles Straw isn't the answer.
Ag_07
AG
Every owner is these days.

Sucks but it is what it is.
Buck Compton
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Who are you signing for a one-year rental? Which names do you recommend? I'm sure the team expects Leon to be up to the majors at some point next year. So a two-year contract is wasted and we should only look at one year deals.

By my understanding, he still projects as a CF.

You have to spend your money wisely, and we're already close to the luxury tax cutoff. Not sure what you guys want the team to do. You were spoiled for a few years with all of our cheap prospects and a few veterans thrown in. This is still a well above average roster that projects for a playoff berth - no reason to spend the money now.
Farmer1906
AG
Pressly wasn't elite, but let's not act like he was bad. Do we really think we'll easily find and sign a better arm for a 1 year 10 M deal next offseason?
TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

Every owner is these days.

Sucks but it is what it is.

Have y'all never seen pictures of old ballparks? Especially in the 50's and before ads were everywhere. The outfield walls themselves were billboards. It wasn't until the late 60's and 70's when the multipurpose stadiums needed to accommodate football and baseball so they couldn't put ads on the walls that it stopped being a thing for a while.

Mr.Ackar07
Buck Compton said:

Mathguy64 said:

Who are you signing for a one-year rental? Which names do you recommend? I'm sure the team expects Leon to be up to the majors at some point next year. So a two-year contract is wasted and we should only look at one year deals.

By my understanding, he still projects as a CF.

You have to spend your money wisely, and we're already close to the luxury tax cutoff. Not sure what you guys want the team to do. You were spoiled for a few years with all of our cheap prospects and a few veterans thrown in. This is still a well above average roster that projects for a playoff berth - no reason to spend the money now.
Tyler Naquin. Offer a 1 year $1.5m contract and start him against righties. His offense can't be worse than Straw unless he goes on the DL again.
AustinCountyAg
Pahdz said:

Niekro would like a word with you...

Oswalt was a great Astro, but personally speaking I don't feel he deserves to have his jersey retired. I'd prefer from this point on to keep the numbers strictly for HOF's
Pahdz
Niekro? If anyone else has a claim it should be Dierker before that.

Oswalt was electric in an era where hitters reigned supreme. Worked fast, had a 30 mph velocity difference in his two best pitches, and was a bulldog competitor.

It's good discussion, I was gonna say Wagner deserves to be in the discussion as well. He absolutely should be in the HOF
Mathguy64
AG
Pahdz said:

Niekro? If anyone else has a claim it should be Dierker before that.

Oswalt was electric in an era where hitters reigned supreme. Worked fast, had a 30 mph velocity difference in his two best pitches, and was a bulldog competitor.

It's good discussion, I was gonna say Wagner deserves to be in the discussion as well. He absolutely should be in the HOF

Best pitcher I have seen short term has been JV and Cole last two years.

Best pitcher I have seen pitch for Houston long term would be Scott/Oswalt.

The one that had the most potential was James Rodney. He was a right handed Randy Johnson at the same age/point in his career. Hitters were absolutely terrified of him because of the wildness and speed. JRRitis was a real disease that affected the Dodgers. That stroke and really the early misdiagnosis was devastating.
Pahdz
I wish I had been older than a toddler when JR was pitching.

Peak JV and Cole were better than Roy, give ya that, just have to take into account service time here.

Anyone here old enough to have watched Larry pitch?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Pahdz said:

Niekro would like a word with you...

Oswalt was a great Astro, but personally speaking I don't feel he deserves to have his jersey retired. I'd prefer from this point on to keep the numbers strictly for HOF's

So just by chance, if Altuve didn't make it in the HOF your telling me we aren't retiring 27?
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I don't get this at all. Boston has the 4th least amount of luxury payroll space but likely won't finish better than 4th in their division. Whey even make this signing?
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I don't get this at all. Boston has the 4th least amount of luxury payroll space but likely won't finish better than 4th in their division. Whey even make this signing?
need someone to play second base
https://ts.la/eric59704
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Prospect bait.
bearkatag15
AG

So which 8 teams?
bearkatag15
AG

Buck Compton
AG
Not a fan of this move...
Farmer1906
AG
Gotta make room for Brantley on the 40 man.
Farmer1906
AG
I like adding another catcher to the pool in the minors. Stubbs ain't it. We're going to need someone in 2023 when Machete & Castro are gone. Perez was passed by Taylor and we went out and acquired Raley. Plus a move had to be made.
Big Al 1992
AG
tjack16
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I am sadness
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.