Any pitching coaches who can critique a video?

4,779 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TarponChaser
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
baseballaficionado said:

Buck Compton said:

baseballaficionado said:

astros4545 said:

I think its time to get the kid pre-emptive Tommy John surgery

All the cool dads are doing it

I was going to let this go, but I just can't. It's twisted. As a fellow Astros fan, who stayed out of the thread for superstitious reasons, I am sad for you. From Verlander, Lance, my son or any other pitcher, it's not a funny joke -- it's the whole reason for this thread.

There is a reason I want proper form and it's not because he's bad. Not many can touch him right now, but that doesn't help with the arm issues.

Your comment is in horrible favor.
Dude, it was a lighthearted joke. You're taking this waaaaaaay too seriously. And had nothing to do with the Astros.

Preemptive TJ is a running joke in baseball circles because of its prevalence in the game now, the fact that young pitchers can even gain some velocity, etc.... It's not just from bad form just from violence of deliveries these days and it's not the career-ended it used to be, so it's just poking fun.

In the end, baseball is still just a game. Have some fun with it.

It's not lighthearted at all. Maybe from someone who has nothing to lose from TJ. It's my main concern with form and usage and my main point of contention. About like a Nazi joke to Jew.

A 14 year old ticket taker had a huge arm contraption on the other day and when I asked --- TJ surgery. Really funny. Made me even feel bad for asking about it, but I am sure his parents are to blame. Just jokes, dude.

baseballaficionado
03_Aggie said:

Buck Compton said:

baseballaficionado said:

astros4545 said:

I think its time to get the kid pre-emptive Tommy John surgery

All the cool dads are doing it

I was going to let this go, but I just can't. It's twisted. As a fellow Astros fan, who stayed out of the thread for superstitious reasons, I am sad for you. From Verlander, Lance, my son or any other pitcher, it's not a funny joke -- it's the whole reason for this thread.

There is a reason I want proper form and it's not because he's bad. Not many can touch him right now, but that doesn't help with the arm issues.

Your comment is in horrible favor.
Dude, it was a lighthearted joke. You're taking this waaaaaaay too seriously. And had nothing to do with the Astros.

Preemptive TJ is a running joke in baseball circles because of its prevalence in the game now, the fact that young pitchers can even gain some velocity, etc.... It's not just from bad form just from violence of deliveries these days and it's not the career-ended it used to be, so it's just poking fun.

In the end, baseball is still just a game. Have some fun with it.

Was the eight pitching coaches for a 9 yr old not a dead giveaway?

Unless I made a horrible error, what are you talking about? I am his ONLY pitching coach now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, you and a slew of consultants on texags
baseballaficionado
I am a proud and drunk dad! Ha. Anyway, this video was from a Dbat lesson a month or two ago. My boy is going to be 11 at the end of the year, but is still 10 during this video and at this current time. I could top out low 90's in my mid 20's, but only really had one other pitch. I am not worried about pitch selection with my son, I am very happy with his velo.

The FB is high and he is struggling with command from PG/USSSA 10u 46 feet to 11U 50 foot mound. With that said, it's fall and he's getting dialed in. I am excited to see how this weekend goes.

We never heard of a radar gun when I was 10, but there was no way I ever hit 63. I am just proud and excited.

Yes, we are working on him eating right and outside of lessons, have started him with a fitness coach. So, please don't hate on the weight. Thanks.

BMX Bandit
Glad you were able to survive the Holocaust like attacks/tommy John jokes.
TarponChaser
Looking good.

My oldest is taking the fall off to play football but still throwing to stay in shape. He's working with the pitching coach once a week and it's almost all core strengthening and mechanics. We do long toss once a week too. Football has been good for him. Lots of running and conditioning. It's also good for the mental toughness.
baseballaficionado
TarponChaser said:

Looking good.

My oldest is taking the fall off to play football but still throwing to stay in shape. He's working with the pitching coach once a week and it's almost all core strengthening and mechanics. We do long toss once a week too. Football has been good for him. Lots of running and conditioning. It's also good for the mental toughness.

My boy really wants to give football a try pretty soon. You aren't see any rust issues on the baseball side of things? I am glad to hear it is helping with keeping your son in shape.
TarponChaser
baseballaficionado said:

TarponChaser said:

Looking good.

My boy really wants to give football a try pretty soon. You aren't see any rust issues on the baseball side of things? I am glad to hear it is helping with keeping your son in shape.

He's a little hot & cold with the strike zone when he does throw off the mound. But I'm not concerned. And he's still hitting in the cage. I think he needed the time off from baseball competition to compete in something else.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.