Does Kyle Tucker being with the big club piss anyone off?

19,213 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TAMUworkingAG
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It does me.

Lollygags around the OF. And his hitting has been for ***** I know he was drafted #5 overall but his swing is straight garbage.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Nah
MAROON
AG
nope - this is an exhibition season. Best to keep him up and finally see if he can play ball are not. We know he can terrorize AAA/AA pitching - lets see him play 60 games in the MLB.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Farmer1906
AG
Yes. Screw that guy. No only should he not be on the big league roster, but he should he out of baseball, probably deported too.
Harry Dunne
Who would you like to see taking his place?

The fact that the 4th and 5th outfielders are hitting about .200 and .100 respectively doesn't give me a lot of confidence that there are studs lined up to take his place.

Unfortunately it's too late now to trade him for anything good and we just have to hope he's better than he currently looks. The good news is that at least for now giving him ABs isn't holding anyone else back.
TarponChaser
Harry Dunne said:

Who would you like to see taking his place?

The fact that the 4th and 5th outfielders are hitting about .200 and .100 respectively doesn't give me a lot of confidence that there are studs lined up to take his place.

Unfortunately it's too late now to trade him for anything good and we just have to hope he's better than he currently looks. The good news is that at least for now giving him ABs isn't holding anyone else back.

I didn't say I had a solution. It just pisses me off to see him loafing around the OF. He doesn't hit well enough to be a defensive loafer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
is he a loafer or a lollygagger?
TarponChaser
MuckRaker96 said:

Por que no los dos?
Deluxe
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

He's earned the right to be both. When you're that talented, you can loaf or lollygag as much as you want.
BMX Bandit
Still mad bro?
Farmer1906
AG
He lollygagged his ass around the bases on that walk off.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He lollygagged his ass around the bases on that walk off.

Agreed. That was a great walk off HR today.
Snake Jazz
0 for 9 in the series before that. I don't think he'll be anything special and I would trade him for a pitcher while he still has value.

Plus, I hate watching him bend over to rub dirt in his hands before every single pitch. Nails on a chalkboard annoying.
TarponChaser
BMX Bandit said:

Still mad bro?
One hit doesn't buy him much leeway. He's still hitting .195 this year and .201 in the bigs.

His swing is a lesson in what not to do but he's gotten away with it vs. minor league pitching. Good for him turning on a belt-high, inner 3rd fastball. Start doing that consistently and I'll shut up. But given the holes in his swing I'm not holding my breath.
Forum Troll
AG
I think someone posted his slugging so far in the majors and it was about 350 in over 200 plate appearances. That's pretty bad.
Bregxit
AG
Kyle Tucker's MLB career to date:

225 Plate appearances
.201 BA
.262 OBP
.358 SLG
13 2B
2 3B
6 HR
25 RBI
57 K (25.3% of PA)
14 BB
Farmer1906
AG
225 PA so not even half a season in the bigs yet. The book has yet to be written.
W
AG
another key number ----> $563,500

the major league minimum salary.

the Astros need some inexpensive players for the next 5 years
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

225 PA so not even half a season in the bigs yet. The book has yet to be written.

I didn't say the book was written but if it doesn't concern you to see the drop off a cliff of his minor league numbers in the majors and to see his swing and plate approach then I don't know what to tell you.
Zman91
AG
Kyle Tucker is an excellent minor league player
Cromagnum
AG
2 triples, a homerun, and a single today. Not bad for a "minor leaguer".
MAROON
AG
Is it possible to lollygag on two triples?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Farmer1906
AG
MAROON said:

He's 3rd on the team in sprint speed. Just think how fast he would be if he didn't lollygag.
tjack16
AG
MAROON said:

according to OP they probably should have been inside the park homeruns
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

MAROON said:

He's 3rd on the team in sprint speed. Just think how fast he would be if he didn't lollygag.

Truth.

In fact, that's what makes it pretty infuriating to see him not run down balls in the outfield he should get to. It's not the lack of speed it's the lack of effort.

As for his hitting, we'll see. He's ramped it up the last few games and he should but he's got a long way to go. If he figures it out and gets there, I'll happily eat crow, but one game does not make up for 200+ at-bats of garbage in the majors.

Hell, y'all Tucker-suckers probably think Mond really is the best QB in the SEC too.
tjack16
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

MAROON said:

Truth.

In fact, that's what makes it pretty infuriating to see him not run down balls in the outfield he should get to. It's not the lack of speed it's the lack of effort.

As for his hitting, we'll see. He's ramped it up the last few games and he should but he's got a long way to go. If he figures it out and gets there, I'll happily eat crow, but one game does not make up for 200+ at-bats of garbage in the majors.

Hell, y'all Tucker-suckers probably think Mond really is the best QB in the SEC too.

I have my criticisms on tucker as well.... however you created an entire thread to bash the guy. That's a bit intense.
astros4545
AG
Tucker stole his girlfriend
JJxvi
AG
Tucker-suckers? Wow. Also, great thread.
Ryan34
AG
His career numbers are heavily weighted down by the 64 ABs he had in 2018 as a 21 year old rookie. Tucker hit .269 last year with a .857 OPS in 67 ABs. Those are pretty respectable numbers, particularly for a 22 YO. He started slow this year, like many players, but seems to be heating up. Definitely too early to write him off, particularly considering how many other players are struggling in this weird season.
Farmer1906
AG
Take out his very first stint in the bigs and these are his #s.

.245 Avg
.285 Obp
.490 Slg
.775 Ops
101 Ops+

He's an average hitter with speed to steals bases and plays a fair corner OF.

Not top prospect worthy, but fine.
linkdude
AG
Also, he's still younger than Springer when he debuted.
Tex100
AG
I think he starts at a corner OF spot next year. Not saying he's good.
BMX Bandit
So mad!!
tjack16
AG
TarponChaser said:

It does me.

Lollygags around the OF. And his hitting has been for ***** I know he was drafted #5 overall but his swing is straight garbage.
Farmer1906
AG
Tucker now leads or co leads the team in RBIs, runs, triples, & home runs.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.