Next major league draft

1,157 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dallasag02
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will it be based on the records of this short season? If so, my Rangers are looking like a lock for a Top 5 pick.
J.P. 03
AG
Did you see what they did with the 2020 draft? Not sure getting to pick 5th or better in 2021 would make that much of a difference, and I'm saying that as a Rangers fan.
gigem1223
Dillon Tate comes to mind
AggieEP
The biggest problem is that they always try to outsmart everyone with "high upside" and "toolsy" players which is scout talk for guys who can't pitch or hit right now but who show the potential to do those things one day.

Passing on Benintendi to draft Dillon Tate was just another example of that draft strategy.
Dallasag02
AG
AggieEP said:

The biggest problem is that they always try to outsmart everyone with "high upside" and "toolsy" players which is scout talk for guys who can't pitch or hit right now but who show the potential to do those things one day.

Passing on Benintendi to draft Dillon Tate was just another example of that draft strategy.

I'm convinced that they will not draft a player in the first round unless he has a weird herky jerky pitching motion or a swing that looks like Bryson DeChambeau with a baseball bat. They just like to draft guys that don't look like baseball players.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.