MLB TV

2,175 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by coconutED
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why in the world are ANY games blacked out this season? No one can attend! Get it right MLB.
bdgol07
AG
They really dropped the ball here. NHL is doing this whole thing right. Host cities. Bubble has been ran perfectly. No blacked out games. Recreation for players between games.
Seven Costanza
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Why in the world are ANY games blacked out this season? No one can attend! Get it right MLB.
It's not just about attendance. It's primarily about protecting the big regional tv contracts.
yayaggies
You can use a dns service to "protect your privacy" and prevent websites from knowing your location.

Look into unlocator or yonder.tv. They both have free trials.
kb2001
AG
MLB TV blacks out games based on TV networks that carry the game. They'll only stream games when it doesn't interfere with TV providers that carry the games.
The Lost
Seven Costanza said:

Buford T. Justice said:

It's not just about attendance. It's primarily about protecting the big regional tv contracts.

100% this, and if you want any big names resigned, you shouldn't complain, that money is worth way more than a few mlb.tv subs added
Aggies2009
AG
NordVPN or something similar should work, right?
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

NordVPN or something similar should work, right?

Yes, but I noticed VPN can really see it down and make the video studder. I use Smart DNS. It's cheaper.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The entire scenario is complete bs.
If I purchase a subscription to MLBtv, I should be able to get every game.
AsburyAg
AG
YouTube TV has blocked games too. And there is no rhyme or reason. And I live in Tyler. I don't know why they're blocking Astro's games up here. It's not like I can go To the game or get Houston TV channels.

Of course... the way it's going I'm not missing much with the DisAstros this year.
BMX Bandit
You can't get AT&T SportsNet Southwest in Tyler?
AsburyAg
AG
YouTube TV doesn't have it and we're in a Rangers market anyway when it comes to regional broadcasts. Most everything up here is Rangers and Longhorns.
BMX Bandit
I know the YouTube TV doesn't have it. My question is can you get the Astros television network?

If you can, that's why you were blacked out on MLB. And it makes sense to do that if you understand how these baseball teams make their money.

Especially in these very difficult financial times, it would not make any sense to hurt the teams even more by giving people a reason not to pay for the services that provide the teams local coverage.
Seven Costanza
AG
The regional sports networks pay good money to be the only game in town. It's primarily not about trying to get you to go to games.
The Milkman
AG
I feel bad for my brother and sister in law who live in Vegas. They have blackouts for all the California teams and Arizona.

That's like 20% of the league!
07ag
AG
/r/mlbstreams
https://ts.la/eric59704
Seven Costanza
AG
The Milkman said:

I feel bad for my brother and sister in law who live in Vegas. They have blackouts for all the California teams and Arizona.

That's like 20% of the league!
What cable/satellite service do they have?
expresswrittenconsent
I can't get the map to embed but if you google mlb blackout map, it does look like Vegas has several.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_blackout_policy decent map here on the wiki
coconutED
AG

If I ever start watching MLB again, I'm definitely going to spring for a proxy service. Do they still have the nation wide blackout for Sat/Sun games?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.