Piped in crowd noise?

1,517 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgBQ-00
BmtAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With no fans a MLB games how do you feel about the piped in crowd noise?
tjack16
AG
It's been hit and miss for me. Sometimes I dont notice it and other times it sticks out bad
Slamn Sharpe
Baseball is already slow/boring enough when compared to the other big sports. I can't imagine watching a game with it being silent
Ferg
I watched the Red Sox opener. It was ok, like white noise so you can focus on the game.
WoMD
Literally sounds/feels like a video game background. Did they just hire the folks from MLB The Show to provide a thumb drive of crowd noise and reactions for every stadium?

I keep expecting to hear "Nachos!" every couple minutes.
Trucker 96
The teams are using their own audio from previous games. Some audio guys are better at finding the right balance and level than others so far
WoMD
Homerun during the giants game at dodger stadium (fox broadcast) just randomly had a CGI crowd in the left field bleachers. It was so random, and only for that shot, it confused the hell out of me. It wasn't on the replay, just the live shot as the ball flew into the "crowd" and no other play during the game so far.

I thought I was seeing things. But others commented they saw the same thing and were equally confused.

The commentators didn't comment on it, but I don't think they're actually watching the broadcast.

So much of these games has a video game feel to it. But I guess we'll get used to it.
double aught
AG
https://www.athleticsnation.com/2020/7/24/21337446/tom-hanks-oakland-as-coliseum-crowd-noise
TexAg2001
AG
Is the crowd noise actually piped in to the ballpark (so the players and others inside the ballpark actually hear it) or are we just hearing it on TV?
Aust Ag
AG
You know ridiculously loud crowd noises are going to be piped in for Astro away games, when they're at bat. Complaints will be made, commish office will need to step in there too.
amercer
AG
It's better than silence
AgBQ-00
AG
Aust Ag said:

You know ridiculously loud crowd noises are going to be piped in for Astro away games, when they're at bat. Complaints will be made, commish office will need to step in there too.

Afraid the trashcan will be drowned out?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.