Fobu for Astros?

3,657 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by StEdsCOOG
SquareOne07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else interested in splitting this with me for the season?

Shoot me a message! I think it's $60/mo (so $30)
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dammit I just bought it!
SquareOne07
AG
Wanna go half and half? I haven't picked mine up yet
jah003
S
I'd be in. Thought I finagled a friends Directtv login but he doesn't have SportsNet.

I'm assuming you can stream through Roku/fire stick?
SquareOne07
AG
Yep, I run mine through Roku actually.

Wanna Pm me and we'll get it squared away? Last year I just gave the other guy my password and then Venmo requested at the start of each month
jah003
S
SquareOne07 said:

Yep, I run mine through Roku actually.

Wanna Pm me and we'll get it squared away? Last year I just gave the other guy my password and then Venmo requested at the start of each month
Works for me. Can you send me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com? I don't have PM capabilities.
SquareOne07
AG
Yep...wrapping up dinner now and will this evening!
zephyr88
AG
And yet another successful TexAgs hookup!
suburban cowboy
AG
Willing to send someone a YouTube TV invite on my plan for free in return for a login that will allow me to watch the astros this season
suburban cowboy
AG
bump final attempt
amercer
AG
I've got MLB TV, but I assume you're in the blackout area?

(I assume I am too for tomorrow since ESPN picked it up )
6-4-3
AG
We got Direct TV several years ago for the sole reason it was our best way to watch the Stros in our area. But I am seriously considering the change to FUBO. Has anyone made that exact switch...from Direct TV? Would be curious as to your experience.
suburban cowboy
AG
If someone does the Fubo deal and shares a login with, I'll send a YouTube TV invite.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
FYI - if you do the Fubo thing and cancel within the 7-day free trial, they'll offer to reduce the price to $19.99 for a month. Do this twice with two separate email addresses and you'll make it through the shortened season for $40 total.
Unemployed
AG
suburban cowboy said:

If someone does the Fubo deal and shares a login with, I'll send a YouTube TV invite.
I think the only major channels that Fubo don't have compared to YoutubeTV are TNT, TBS, and CNN.
mike_ags_fan12
I have Fubo and also missing fox sports southwest for spurs basketball.

No local abc either only want it for college football for which I can hook up an antenna.
Ag_07
AG
Fubo just added ABC this month. You should have it

We switched to Fubo from DirecTV a little over a year ago and it's been great. No complaints whatsoever now that they've added ESPN, ABC, SEC, etc.

Not a complaint but just heads up for newbies that the Fubo feed is about 30 sec to 1 min behind others so if I don't want things ruined during big games like playoffs turn the cell pone off and stay off the thread and catch up during commercial breaks.
mike_ags_fan12
Yes I did get ABC news.

Was hoping for my local ABC. Won't be added til later per FUBO website.

I feel my fubo is about 15 secs behind. But like you said. Notifications off and stay of the threads make it go by.
AustinCountyAg
Bumping this because I'm tired of seeing my $200 month dtv/Internet Bill. Couple questions.

If I switch to fubo, I just need a fire stick or Roku stick for my two other bedroom TVs in the house that aren't smart tv's?

Also I currently have the lowest internet plan att offers I think (10 mbps) whatever that is?

All we use Internet for currently is WiFi for phone surfing at home and our tv in the living room.

If I switch to fubo would I need to up my internet service?

agproducer
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Bumping this because I'm tired of seeing my $200 month dtv/Internet Bill. Couple questions.

If I switch to fubo, I just need a fire stick or Roku stick for my two other bedroom TVs in the house that aren't smart tv's?

Also I currently have the lowest internet plan att offers I think (10 mbps) whatever that is?

All we use Internet for currently is WiFi for phone surfing at home and our tv in the living room.

If I switch to fubo would I need to up my internet service?

You should just need the sticks for your non-smart TVs. I prefer Roku. Fubo should work. I don't stream Fubo though. I stream with YouTube TV, but since YTTV doesn't have Astros, I use Smart DNS and MLB.tv to watch.

You will need to up your internet speed. If you buy your own modem and router, you can avoid paying them cable company an extra 10 dollar modem rental fee each month. Right now, I'm paying 60 for internet, 65 for YouTube. Mlb.tv shakes out to be 15 bucks a month.
htxag09
AG
Call direct tv and tell them the price you want or you'll cancel. I've been paying $115 for cable and internet the last several years with U-verse
StEdsCOOG
I just got AT&T fiber optic and you have to rent their equipment. No way around the $10/month. Going to roll with fubo going forward.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.