****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,412 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well it was an odd season but overall not too bad. We lost to a damn good team.

Offensive sputter reared its head at the worst time. Bregs (even though pretty unlucky) and Yuli killed us.

Anyways at least we know we're absolutely stacked with arms both in the rotation and the BP. That was a huge surprise this season.

As always I enjoyed it around here. You guys are good people and I'll be right back here next season.
cap-n-jack
I caught a mini ban last night and I have no idea why. Maybe staff doesn't like redheads or fatties. Most likely it's because they have no sense of humor what so ever at all.
Anyway, what a blast this season was and even better what fun it was hanging with you guys. Think about what the Astros accomplished and all the young arms we have. The future is bright.
There is an off season thread up now so we will be posting there now.
GIG'EM.
redline248
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Farmer1906 said:

Now we're calling a guy who goes 5 innings per start at 2 runs a bad pitcher? What world do live in?

I mean lance doesn't, but good red herring.

He doesn't go 5 innings and give up 2 runs?

This year he averaged 5 IP per start with a 3.92 ERA which translates to 2.17 runs per 5. That exactly what he does.

So he averaged not enough innings for a quality start. Cool I guess.
I mean, baseball is currently played with the goal of getting 4 innings out of your bullpen every day. Gone are the days of pitchers going deep with regularity.
Marvin
AG
Also, grateful thanks to jetch, capnjack and bearkat for their tireless efforts this season. You da men!

annie88
AG
Welp. Got close.

They could've been shut out but kept fighting!

Looking forward to next year!!
mwm
I hate that the Astros lost and that the 2020 season is over. I wanted more but they just couldn't solve Charlie and, by the time he was out, it was too late. The die had already been cast.

In a way, I'm almost relieved that the season is over for Altuve. It was painful to watch him try & throw a ball like he had done thousands and thousand of times before. I hope & pray he can get it "fixed".

Next year is too far away.
n_touch
Im sure they will be Fixing here in the next few days. Im guessing a shoulder injury
JABQ04
AG
cap-n-jack said:

I caught a mini ban last night and I have no idea why. Maybe staff doesn't like redheads or fatties. Most likely it's because they have no sense of humor what so ever at all.
Anyway, what a blast this season was and even better what fun it was hanging with you guys. Think about what the Astros accomplished and all the young arms we have. The future is bright.
There is an off season thread up now so we will be posting there now.
GIG'EM.

I caught a mini-ban too. Staff doesn't like Kate in a wet T-shirt. Already ready for next year. Personally I hope CFM can get another ring this year
redline248
AG
Could be a new staff member. That Kate photo/gif has been posted plenty of times.
Mathguy64
AG
That Kate pic has several variations. One earned me a week in 2017. We all know which one.
Beat40
I had to take a couple of days away from the threads just to cleans the season.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy for this team. They exceeded everyone's expectations, and despite what people will say, they proved they are very good baseball players. Hopefully, for the individual's sakes, they will be a bit exonerated.

It was awesome watching some of these young guys step up and grow.

That was a super fun postseason, and I'm glad I got to enjoy watching it! Onward to 2021!
First Page Refresh
Page 866 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.