****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,950 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve looks as bad as I've ever seen.
redline248
AG
Random thought: why don't more networks/broadcasts use the overhead camera view of the ball passing the plate?
CFTXAG10
AG
His esposa needs to give him a hall pass for a slump buster
Ag_07
AG
Thing with Altuve is we're not even seeing signs that he's close to coming out of it.

He's just straight awful right now.
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

His esposa needs to give him a hall pass for a slump buster
nah, she just needs to up her game
Aggie95
AG
it looks like he's using a left-handed bat....he should try one for righties.
W
AG
Cromagnum said:

Altuve looks as bad as I've ever seen.
it's time to drop in the order.

he's hitting .175 in 80 at-bats
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Nice job pitching out of that. Bailey has some really good stuff. Watch his development, because we may not have lost the laureano trade If he lives up to his potential.
I hope so, but you'd have to be a shut down type reliever to offset an .850 OPS centerfielder.

Obviously a small sample, but Laureano's career OPS is higher than Springer's. Not to say he will ever be anywhere near the player George is, but it's still pretty impressive.
07ag
AG
Switch Correa to 3 and tuve to 7
https://ts.la/eric59704
agdaddy04
AG
Nah, Altuve has earned the right to never be dropped in the lineup.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nice job pitching out of that. Bailey has some really good stuff. Watch his development, because we may not have lost the laureano trade If he lives up to his potential.
I hope so, but you'd have to be a shut down type reliever to offset an .850 OPS centerfielder.

Obviously a small sample, but Laureano's career OPS is higher than Springer's. Not to say he will ever be anywhere near the player George is, but it's still pretty impressive.

True it's fought for any reliever to be as important as a everyday player but he's still projected as a starter. And Laureano has 190 games in the big leagues. It's not a small sample size, but I'm not ready to put him on Springer's level.

CFTXAG10
AG
No pressure Cy
Unemployed
AG
One pitch, one out.

We found ourselves a good one, fellas!!!
Ag_07
AG
agdaddy04 said:

You think he deserves an extra orange slice for giving it a good try?
CFTXAG10
AG
Found our new closer
falcon09
AG
Astros are now 22-2 again the Mariners the last 2 seasons. One win away from the dominance A&M had over Baylor before we left for the SEC (if you don't count the tie in 1990).

It's only one and a half seasons, not almost 3 decades, but I think 22-2 against one opponent in baseball is much more impressive than 23-2-1 in football.
agproducer
AG
Framber is 1-2 with a 1.90 era. Wrap your mind around that.
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG

What the F... Just lose
agdaddy04
AG
Ag_07 said:

agdaddy04 said:

What the ****?? Um no, it's not a participation ribbon. The dude has been one of the best hitters in the league the past 7 years. You can ride out a slump.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

True it's fought for any reliever to be as important as a everyday player but he's still projected as a starter. And Laureano has 190 games in the big leagues. It's not a small sample size, but I'm not ready to put him on Springer's level.

Its a small sample to assume he's going to be an .850 OPS centerfielder, like George. Its big enough IMO to assume he's going to be somewhere between peak Reddick & George. It would take a hell of a RP to trade for Reddick in his prime.

Nonetheless, when it looked like we were loaded in the OF, trading what looked like at the time the odd man out for a solid reliever was a good trade and I'm glad it wasn't a total loss.
W
AG
good win tonight.

Astros getting separation from the Angels and Mariners in the standings
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

agdaddy04 said:

IDK about never being dropped, but show some respect with the orange slice bullisht.
W
AG
agproducer said:

Framber is 1-2 with a 1.90 era. Wrap your mind around that.
Framber alerts are fun now
W
AG
Reddick rocking the .844 OPS thru 75 plate appearances
Beat40
Astros offense averaging 11 runs in games Yordan has played in this year.
agdaddy04
AG
The last strike on the Giants looked like it was 2' outside on the gametracker.
astros4545
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The unstoppable Oakland A's have 1 hit tonight.
linkdude
AG
The bigger news is that the A's had to scratch Montas, from what I saw if he doesn't throw tomorrow Manaea would get moved up from Sunday. Anything to throw them off their groove, honestly.
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

Astros offense averaging 11 runs in games Yordan has played in this year.

And 3-1 since Cintron was suspended
bearkatag15
AG

Almost 10 minutes of pure happiness...
MosesHallRAB04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

What the F... Just lose

So they have two walk off grand slams and a 9th inning slam to tie it. Some serious Golden Horseshoe action going on.
htxag09
AG
redline248 said:

agdaddy04 said:

And I guess Dusty is still a genius for having Reddick in the number 2 spot
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Josh hit 2nd that first game out of necessity when Springer was out and Tucker was failing. He had a good game and Dusty decided to roll with it. I'll give him a little credit for keeping him there tonight, with Springer back...but what will he do tomorrow when Brantley is back?

Catching up on the thread. Man, this is hilarious to me, had to bump it. Regardless of what we think of dusty (I don't like the hire either), he's a Major League Baseball coach with years of experience. Somehow, when he makes a decision that you don't agree with and it goes right, he's lucky? C'mon now.
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

agdaddy04 said:

IDK about never being dropped, but show some respect with the orange slice bullisht.

Little bit of hyperbole but the sentiment that he's immune to being moved down is BS.

He's slumping bad and he's a liability in the top of the lineup. There are others who would much better and more productive than Altuve right now.

Nothing wrong with saying he needs to be bumped down for a bit while he figures it out. Nobody would be raising hell if it happened.
Cromagnum
AG
Of course the Athletics come back to win 8-7
First Page Last Page
Page 300 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.