****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,543 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Unfreakingbelievable.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Beat40 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Beat40 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Beat40 said:

bullard21k said:

AJ and baker tinker with bullpens equally as insanely. They both suck at it.

Wish we would get a manager that would just follow a simple formula...if somebody is getting outs let them keep getting outs.

Stop looking at your damn metrics, stop over thinking lefty/righty matchups...if someone has good stuff keep them out there.

So sick of managers micro managing their pens

Dumb. Who cares about lineup tinkering.

For the most part, AJ made the right in game moves, game 7 not withstanding. He was light years ahead of what I'm seeing out of Baker as far as I game decisions. AJ would have never done a double steal for Jos Altuve when he had RISP, no matter how bad he had been.

He also wouldn't have put himself into a position where he was left with Cy Sneed in only the 10th inning of a game.

Lol. "Game 7 of the fkn World Series notwithstanding"

He's 50/50. Decision making is the first WS one us the first one.

Who would have thought to ride Morton instead of going to the bullpen?

Who would have thought to ride the guy that was mowing down dodgers?

I'm talking about even putting him in there in the first place dude.

Your hate for Hinch is ridiculous.

Pretty well known that lance then Charlie was the plan all along, was it not?
Marvin
AG
Cy Sneed should be cut before he gets to the locker room.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Cromagnum
AG
We lost the game with dumb mistakes but blue definitely was going to make sure we couldn't at least claw our way back in.
Beat40
This team isn't fun to watch. Bullpen sucks, but the offense isn't making this fun at all.

Terrible time for Brantley to go cold.
W
AG
is it time for a team meeting?
Farmer1906
AG
This is ****ing bull****
W
AG
he's been quite terrible and headed for a new team
Harry Dunne
Beat40 said:

This team isn't fun to watch. Bullpen sucks, but the offense isn't making this fun at all.

Terrible time for Brantley to go cold.
Offense was fine. 6 runs scored needs to win a game against the fakcing Giants.
Burn-It
AG
Terrible, need to find some pitching & Altuve still missing his buzzer
AKA 13-0
Ag_07
AG
Even with the dumb mistakes we had a chance to win if Pressly doesn't walk the leadoff batter who ends up coming in to tie it in the bottom of the 9th.

His ineffectiveness is shocking. He's supposed to be the stud bet in that pen and he's looked like crap.
spadilly
S
I miss AJ
Beat40
I don't give a crap about that honestly. Yeah, it sucks, but not letting Altuve bat with RISP is absolutely terrible.

We stopped ourselves in two innings where we could have had the chance to have bigger innings.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
We made the third out at third twice tonight. Another third out was a veteran getting picked off at third during a rally.

At least 3 of their 7 runs scored were guys that we walked on base.

We had a 6-2 lead.

With this bullpen, this team just is what it is right now. It's not too pretty.
Marvin
AG
Karma is wrecking shop with the Astros so far. Damnation. Throw us a freaking bone.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

Even with the dumb mistakes we had a chance to win if Pressly doesn't walk the leadoff batter who ends up coming in to tie it in the bottom of the 9th.

His ineffectiveness is shocking. He's supposed to be the stud bet in that pen and he's looked like crap.

Pressly was crap for about half of last season as well. This is not a new phenomenon.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Marvin said:

Karma is wrecking shop with the Astros so far. Damnation. Throw us a freaking bone.

Dude. Stop.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Do agree Pressly has been very disappointing early on.

Also, Dusty made it sound like Osuna didn't come into camp right, so if he came in out of shape, disappointed him him too.
Cromagnum
AG
Yeah, this **** was not a strike.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/741931892655173/permalink/1604076809774006/
Beat40
At this point, get Urquidy back sooner than later to be a reliever. We need all the help we can get in the pen.

Originally was willing to wait for him to start, but not now
Bregxit
AG
Beat40 said:

Ag_07 said:

Do agree Pressly has been very disappointing early on.

Also, Dusty made it sound like Osuna didn't come into camp right, so if he came in out of shape, disappointed him him too.

Osuna was throwing fine before his elbow 'sploded again.

This delivery style is why it keeps blowing up. Not his fitness level.

Ags #1
AG
The inability with this team to score a runner from second base with no outs in extras is astoundIng.
Aggie_Brad
Haven't followed the Astros much this year just like I didn't follow the Ags much when Coach Fran was our coach. Dusty Baker is the MLB equivalent of Coach Fran. That was a bad hire. Period! As long as he is the Astros coach, the Astros will play like this regardless of injuries. It's The Dusty way!
YellAg2004
AG
Dusty just said in the postgame interview that Stubbs tried to steal third on his own. Stubbs thought the pitcher was slow to the plate and that he could make it. So stupid.
Bregxit
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Dusty just said in the postgame interview that Stubbs tried to steal third on his own. Stubbs thought the pitcher was slow to the plate and that he could make it. So stupid.

Do you believe Dusty? Why did the runner on first take off simultaneously?
redline248
AG
Beat40 said:

At this point, get Urquidy back sooner than later to be a reliever. We need all the help we can get in the pen.

Same here, but I'll go a step further. In this short season just use 4 starters and put Bielak back in the pen, too. Cy Sneed should never pitch again while the Astros have a lead or are tied.
Texan_21
Hate to say it fellas. If things don't change quickly we might have to look at making a minor change to the title of this thread. Or just delete this thread altogether... Still a glimpse of hope though. Need a win tonight and then a quick sweep of Seattle. No questions asked. Fingers crossed.
redline248
AG
F that. Ride this b-tch out. Thread title ain't got **** to do with it
W
AG
Brantley has just been awful at the plate. Killing the offense in the 4-hole with these numbers:

2 for 24 in the last 6 games with a bloop double and another double.

and very alarming...he's only struck out 4 times. Making feeble contact over and over and over
E
AG
Have we won any extra inning games so far??
Ag_07
AG
We've played more extra inning games as the Cards have total games.
tjack16
AG
This team reminds me of the Red Sox last year
Coming off a historic season in 2018, return pretty much everybody and finished barely above .500 because their pitching was inconsistent.

That is essentially the Astros this year.
Ag_07
AG
Except we didn't return pretty much everybody

Even before the injuries we lost Cole, Harris, Smith, McHugh, and Rondon from last year. On top of that we brought in absolutely no one. We attempted to fill every one of those with someone internally.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
redline248 said:

Beat40 said:

Same here, but I'll go a step further. In this short season just use 4 starters and put Bielak back in the pen, too. Cy Sneed should never pitch again while the Astros have a lead or are tied.

4 starters? Pitchers arms are already falling off league wide. That's a terrible idea
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ag_07 said:

Except we didn't return pretty much everybody

Even before the injuries we lost Cole, Harris, Smith, McHugh, and Rondon from last year. On top of that we brought in absolutely no one. We attempted to fill every one of those with someone internally.

Lost Miley too. While he sucked late he was awesome for the first 3/4 of the year.
First Page Last Page
Page 279 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.