****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,629,992 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Most of our hesitations I hiring him while maybe not completely revealed 4 games in but certainly lots of what we figured we'd see are happening

Like what? I'm seriously curious

I think the first 4 games of the season is horrible sample size to judge a manager. Like I've said before Hinch did some really out of character things the first week of the season for the sake of getting guys game action early.

I wasn't a big fan of the hire but I'm gonna give it more than the first 4 games before I form my opinion.

I didn't say I had formed an opinion on him 4 games in nor did I say I wouldn't give him time to acclimate.

Using our DH spot as a quasi pitcher spot in the lineup. concerns me a little. Understand until JA gets back it will be a revolving door.

While playing Garneau absolutely paid off yesterday and we give baker credit Maldonado was white hot through 3 games. Hinch had terrible habit of sitting guys who just had a 3-4 type night b/c he's trying to get guys into the lineup and I hope we don't start giving guys designated time off. With 54 games left you don't have time to be sitting hot players imo

Baker tinkers and runs a bullpen like Dave Roberts. He's going to be forced to do so now with all the injuries but pulling a SP with 57 pitches in the 4th inning of a 2-1 game is absurd. Let alone for biagini. Letting devo get slapped around the park for nearly 40 pitches was odd as well

Again not end of the world and he has to get used to his players but there are some small attention to detail things that concern me against top level completion and post season.

We shall see.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

At the end of the day, it mostly comes down to personal responsibility. the strength of the MLBPA

MLBPA is strong enough that they didn't need to agree on a bubble. The players whined about it as soon as it was brought up and I doubt it was ever an option for the PA

I agree, but the bubble only works if people have the personal responsibility to follow the rules. As I said, the NBA has already had multiple players sneak out of the bubble and have and to quarantine again.

I actually don't think MLB needs a bubble if MLB players take personal responsibility and reduce their own exposure throughout the season. If they can't do that, I think it would fail with or without a bubble.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07
AG
Also worth noting it's no surprise it's the Marlins.

The team that absolutely has the least to play for.

You can bet players on teams like HOU, NYY, LA, and some of the other favorites are doing their part because they're playing for a lot more than the Marlins.
Deluxe
AG
bullard21k said:

Baker tinkers and runs a bullpen like Dave Roberts. He's going to be forced to do so now with all the injuries but pulling a SP with 57 pitches in the 4th inning of a 2-1 game is absurd. Let alone for biagini. Letting devo get slapped around the park for nearly 40 pitches was odd as well
In fairness, we are going to have to do alot of bullpen tinkering this year by necessity. Need to figure out who we can rely on and who we can't.
bullard21k
AG
Deluxe said:

bullard21k said:

In fairness, we are going to have to do alot of bullpen tinkering this year by necessity. Need to figure out who we can rely on and who we can't.

100% Agreed...which is why I said above he will be forced to do this due to all the injuries.
AustinCountyAg
I don't mind the Rodney signing. With the way rosters are traded aren't just going to happen like normal especially considering most of our best prospects are on this years limited roster. No need to ship off someone in this crap shoot of a season.

Try to piece mill it together for a few weeks and reevaluate then.
lunchbox

spadilly
S
Deluxe
AG
spadilly said:

Give the man another extension
n_touch
Big Al 1992 said:

Who had Astros will be using Sugar Land Skeeters pitchers for their defending AL Championship team on their 2020 Bingo Card?
Didnt they do the same last year or the year before with him? Difference is this year they may actually use him
astros4545
AG
astros4545
AG

Kill them all
redline248
AG
I forsee an early release for Biagini
Aggie1205
AG
I think Alex Wilson is available. Astros should look at him.
astros4545
AG
redline248 said:

I forsee an early release for Biagini

Is there a Last Comic Standing new season starting up, cause I sense he couldn't make it through one episode of that show either
Oyster DuPree
AG
astros4545 said:

Kill them all

He's the expert, he's got a lot of experience losing in the playoffs to the WS winner
Mathguy64
AG
lunchbox said:

What the hell has he been doing the last 4 days? They not have any bats in CC? No one who actually can throw a baseball?

This is idiotic.
gougler08
AG
mathguy86 said:

lunchbox said:

What the hell has he been doing the last 4 days? They not have any bats in CC? No one who actually can throw a baseball?

This is idiotic.

I agree, I can't figure out what the **** Yordan has been doing for the past few weeks/months that he can't get a few simulated games in and be ready to go
6-4-3
AG
Not crazy about 8 pm starts. This is when I wish we could clone Roy Oswalt and get a 2.5 hour ballgame. With this pitching and an FS1 telecast it will probably be 3.5.
Ag_07
AG
FWIW it does say live BP

The last 4 days have probably been cage, tee, soft toss, etc.

It's odd but of he was just cleared for baseball activities he's gonna need a few days before taking live BP.
astros4545
AG
bearkatag15
AG
spadilly
S
Slider Away said:

Not crazy about 8 pm starts. This is when I wish we could clone Roy Oswalt and get a 2.5 hour ballgame. With this pitching and an FS1 telecast it will probably be 3.5.

I completely forgot this game was also on FS1 tonight.

At least TK is back in the booth with Blummer on ATTSN
Mathguy64
AG
Ok. No more *****ing about COVID. No more wondering why Yordan has been in the witness protection program. It's time to start letting the haters flow.

**** the Dodgers.

And **** you Tommy Lasorda you linguini eating fat tub of goo.

Up yours Steve Garvey you sanctimonious POS.

Oh yeah. **** you Cody Bellinger And **** you Joc Pederson. Bunch of hypocritical tools.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Now this is better. This is more evidence than that low quality original video

Still don't think anything will come from it though
bluefire579
AG
mathguy86 said:

lunchbox said:

This is idiotic.
Conditioning, probably, along with some less impactful hitting exercises. If you jump right into batting practice, especially with someone who swings for power, you risk injury, same as any kind of exercise after a long break.
Bregxit
AG
Slider Away said:

Trade off is no 9pm starts when we hit the left coast.
03_Aggie
tjholley16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Now this is better. This is more evidence than that low quality original video

Still don't think anything will come from it though

Feel like I saw something today that MLB already put it to rest. Said they already investigated and it was an approved camera or something like that.
tjack16
AG
My guess is it was an approved camera, but they were using it for more than what was agreed to
03_Aggie
Probably. Right along the lines of "we employed 8+ people to steal and decode signals but we only used them when there was a runner on second base."

<cough>bull****<cough>
tjack16
AG
A win tonight would be huge after all the talk and injuries over the weekend.

I think getting a split in this 2 game series is doable even without JV going tomorrow
mwm
Why don't you tell how you REALLY feel about the bums?
tjack16
AG
Well that was a nice little pregame video package by FS1
Farmer1906
AG
Game #1 for Farmer Jr
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.