****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,080 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rgt99 said:

I haven't seen one Astros playoff game this year, can I watch now or do I continue not to watch????

You absolutely cannot watch.
safety guy
AG
Who are the Yankees going to blame now. Was the hitter wearing a buzzer. Did he steal the sign. Did he use an illegal bat. Surely the great Chapman can't spit the bit 2 years in a row. It has to be something illegal the other team is doing. Yeah, right. I just love seeing the Yankees get beat like that. Bunch of crybabies. Aroid already has his excuses ready.
Mathguy64
AG
What the hell??? Did they just say the last player to hit a go ahead HR in the 8th or later against the Yankees in the playoffs was Mazeroski?

Did they just diss Jose or did I miss hear them?
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Mathguy64 said:

What the hell??? Did they just say the last player to hit a go ahead HR in the 8th or later against the Yankees in the playoffs was Mazeroski?

I said the same ****
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jkag89
Mathguy64 said:

I think there was a winner take all game proviso in that comment. But I was only half listening.
Bonfired
AG
TarponChaser said:

Ag_07 said:

TB scares the F outta me. They gave us fits last year and they're more equipped to combat our offense.
Hitting is contagious and our offense seems to be on fire. We're well positioned to take out the Rays and win this *****. Plus, we've got the postseason experience.

And we don't have to play them in ****ing Tampa...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Mathguy64 said:

At least we don't have to play them in that craptastic stadium.

My god this times a trillion
All the games are in San Diego.
Nino Brown
Not me. I wanted no part of the Rays. I wanted to take out the Yanks and the Dodgers. Would have been amazing.
Mathguy64
AG
Lost in all this is that Boone put Sanchez in late and he did a horrible job of framing 2 close pitches that could have been strike 3. Another dumb move by Boone.
Mr.Bond
AG
jkag89 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I think there was a winner take all game proviso in that comment. But I was only half listening.

Ummmmmm..... Even if that was the provision.....

Mr.Bond
AG
Nino Brown said:

Not me. I wanted no part of the Rays. I wanted to take out the Yanks and the Dodgers. Would have been amazing.

Been there done that

Buck Compton
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Mathguy64 said:

At least we don't have to play them in that craptastic stadium.

My god this times a trillion
All the games are in San Diego.
They're talking about Tampa's stadium.
Nino Brown
Not after all of their public crying
jkag89
Higashioka makes Sanchez look like a high school bullpen catcher.
safety guy
AG
The announcer got bad info on the hr stat. I rewatched. No winner take all provision.
Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Bond said:

jkag89 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Ummmmmm..... Even if that was the provision.....
Yep. Altuve's sent us to the WS...

Also, if they're not talking something take all, I know Ortiz hit a walk off against them in '04 to kick off the come back from 3-0 series deficit, and I'm sure it's been done more.
Wisconsin_Ag
Stros camera crew needs to get their butts over to Petco and get those secret cameras installed
jkag89
Altuve's homer was in Game 6 of the ALCS.
AggieLit
So the Rays had a team ERA of 3.61 this year. Twins were at 3.52 and A's were at 3.99. We lit them both up like gas soaked rags.

I think last year in the playoffs we were cold and feeling tons of pressure from all the expectations. All our top guys had low OPS last postseason except Altuve who was middling. I think this year is different.
Buck Compton
AG
AggieLit said:

So the Rays had a team ERA of 3.61 this year. Twins were at 3.52 and A's were at 3.99. We lit them both up like gas soaked rags.

I think last year in the playoffs we were cold and feeling tons of pressure from all the expectations. All our top guys had low OPS last postseason except Altuve who was middling. I think this year is different.
Also, we played two games in their ****hole stadium, where we scored 3 and 1. At home we scored 6, 3, 6.
gambochaman
AG
I mean we didnt exactly light up the Twins...
jkag89
safety guy said:

The announcer got bad info on the hr stat. I rewatched. No winner take all provision.
Yeah then bad info because Correa won game two in last year's ALCS with a walkoff in the 11th.
Texaggie7nine
YNWA_AG said:

Hope they enjoy their sore loser who disowns the team.

7nine
BayAg_14
BCSGrubber
AG
So I imagine it will be:
Game 1: Framber vs Snell
Game 2: LMJ vs CFM
Game 3: Urquidy vs Rays Pen/Glasnow on 3 days
Game 4: Greinke vs Glasnow on Full rest or Rays Pen

The no off days makes this a war of attrition
Big Al 1992
AG
spadilly said:

Wonder if Cole is an affiliate of himself now that it's the off-season.

What hat will he wear in the postgame presser? Is he under any obligation to do press interviews?
JJxvi
AG
They misread the stat. Bill Mazeroski was 8th inning or later in a winner take all game (ie Game 5 or 7 of that length series). Last year was not a winner take all game, because the yanks still would have needed to win a game 7 also. It's a dumb stat that sounds more impressive, but really it's just a rare situation, and they butchered the delivery so that what they said wasn't true anyway.
Post removed:
by user
Big Al 1992
AG
Yes I will enjoy this.

Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG

agproducer
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I laughed.
Cromagnum
AG
AggiEE said:

Any positives about facing the Rays instead of the Yanks?

Maybe less threatening offense

Better pitching, worse bats. As mentioned at least we don't have to play in that BS stadium with their weird ass rules.
Bassmaster
AG
Killer chain, bro!
First Page Last Page
Page 683 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.