****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,459 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
scrimp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ramon Laureano is interesting. He's a solid player, but seems to play like Babe Ruth against the 'stros. Not sure where to look up individual player vs specific team stats, but I would guess his numbers against us are higher than his season averages. Is the guy that pissed that he got traded?
bearkatag15
AG
scrimp said:

Ramon Laureano is interesting. He's a solid player, but seems to play like Babe Ruth against the 'stros. Not sure where to look up individual player vs specific team stats, but I would guess his numbers against us are higher than his season averages. Is the guy that pissed that he got traded?

He's a pretty good player overall. His success vs Houston isn't unique. He's good against a few others as well.
scrimp
AG
I agree is a great player in general. Not trying to take anything away from him.

Look at his numbers against other teams in the west, since they are closer in number of games/at bats, etc.

vs BA/OPS
Astros .315/.874
Angels .246/.779
Mariners .289/.855
Rangers .270/.902

Does kind of back up my eyeball test--highest average and 2nd highest OPS vs the toughest team, and more toward his overall averages against the rest of the west (still great numbers--wish the 'stros still had him).
jakeaggie84
AG
aggie0109 said:

This one is over, hope we can recover for tomorrow. This team has been out of sorts since the 3 run HR by Pinder. A's have all the momentum
scrimp
AG
Where are you pulling these stats? Looks like a great resource....
bearkatag15
AG
I'd say his numbers vs Seattle are much better than Houston. More HRs, Doubles, RBI on fewer hits.
bearkatag15
AG
scrimp said:

Where are you pulling these stats? Looks like a great resource....
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/laurera01.shtml

Enjoy... I've spent hours and hours here. Every stat in the history of the game.
scrimp
AG
Thanks. I'm sure I'll waste plenty of time looking up minute details.

Whether or not the numbers back me up, I always hate seeing Ramon up to bat. Dude always seems to get a clutch hit. He can be hitting .179 and be in the 8th spot and I still get nervous if they've got runner on base.

Kole Calhoun is another guy that seems to put up better numbers against the Astros. And Pujols seems like he's still crushing it (relatively) against the 'stros the last 2 years.
AggiEE
Whoever we play, Rays or Yankees, will have their rotations completely burned out and off schedule
bearkatag15
AG
AggiEE said:

Whoever we play, Rays or Yankees, will have their rotations completely burned out and off schedule
Love that Glasnow and Cole (likely) are pitching tomorrow... means game 3/4 at the earliest next series and we would only see them in game 7 on short rest or from the pen.

Nevermind.. Not likely.. confirmed

scrimp
AG
Also lost in the shuffle today, but how big was Reddick's catch in the top of the 4th? If he doesn't make that catch, we're down 4 going into the bottom of the 4th. Maybe everything else still plays out the same, but I think Reddick's glove gave the boys a bit of momentum in the bottom half.

Reddick's been dumped on a lot this year, but you have to tip your cap to him for that play today. Great play.
YNWA_AG
AG
I think the Yankees are a better match up for us, but I would hate to lose the ALCS to them.

At least Cole, Glasnow and potentially snell will be out against us until game 3
Kashchei
AG
I can understand the saltiness of A's fans, but I can't stand blatant ignorance.

Quote:

A couple of things here
Just to be clear, the level of disgust at the Astros is multifold:

1) Your players cheated and got off scott-free
Have you ever heard of qualified immunity? The players weren't punished in exchange for their testimony
2) Your players have shown no lack of humility or remorse since being caught if anything it seems like they've become even bigger arseholes Did you watch any press conferences? They were plenty humble until the media went full tard and kept piling on. Players are going to say enough is enough at some point. Why don't you call out your ***** boy Fiers for hiding behind Melvin's legs?
3) Your players, managers, and everyone in your club has shown zero lack of leadership througout Kinda hard to when they've all been canned...
4) Your organization is rotten to the core as MLB pointed, and as your initial defense of your assistant GM who abused a female reporter clearly shows He was canned post haste too
5) Your fans acted disgracefully in cheering Guriel when he returned after his racist gesture I'm not expecting you to boo him on his return, but to wildly cheer him on his return wtf message is that? Mountains out of molehills. You think worse **** than that isn't said every damn day in the dugouts?
6) Your fans have engaged in a pity fest of remarkable proportions about the criticism and slap on the hand your team faced. I think we were more pissed that MLB turned a blind eye to all of the blue bloods cheating and made the Astros their scapegoats. *Insert Judge iPad and Apple Watch gifs here*
7) And don't get me started on Osuana and why he should never ever play again. The charges were dropped. I'm sorry you don't believe in the justice system.

And while we're at it, your city is possibly one of the shiitiest I've ever visited in the US, and an abject lesson in what happens when you don't have good zoning and planning. Someone in OAKLAND is talking **** about Houston?? LOLOLOL!

You're also potentially on the verge of achieving one of the most remarkable things in baseball, and that is uniting over 90% of the fans to root for the Yankees if they face you, so hey congrats on that. Doubtful...

And if you think this level of contempt is true for us and other teams, go look at the cross posting between us and the White Sox board, and the level of respect.

Enjoy this day, my friend, because today I'll go to bed sad, but tomorrow I'll wake up and still have a team and organization that top to bottom I can be proud of, and that's something you guys can only dream of.
Yeah, a team full of losers hitting the links...
Go A's!

Typical dumbass Kalifornian
Big Al 1992
AG
Just so happy for this team. When JVs injury was announced after only one start they lost their swag. Struggled at the plate, young pitchers asked to do a lot, never mind being in the middle of a pandemic with no fans. But when the playoffs started they were once again that team that we fell in love with. Mashing the ball, great defense and such a fun attitude. With everything they encountered, and no matter what happens from here on out, it's been a tremendous season so far to get to their 4th straight ALCS. Why stop now?!
Philip J Fry
AG
When they start calling Mookie Betts a cheater...along with the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers, I might start listening. Until then, **** off.
old ag 2003
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I think the Yankees are a better match up for us, but I would hate to lose the ALCS to them.

At least Cole, Glasnow and potentially snell will be out against us until game 3

This is where I am at. With our lack of pitching depth, I have a hard time imagining how we can survive 7 in 7 against anybody. I'd rather the yankees lose so they are out and over with. Their fans have been so obnoxious and them losing and us advancing is enough to shut them up. Them beating us would ignite a media frenzy I don't want to even imagine lol.
bearkatag15
AG
old ag 2003 said:

YNWA_AG said:

This is where I am at. With our lack of pitching depth, I have a hard time imagining how we can survive 7 in 7 against anybody. I'd rather the yankees lose so they are out and over with. Their fans have been so obnoxious and them losing and us advancing is enough to shut them up. Them beating us would ignite a media frenzy I don't want to even imagine lol.

**** that bull*****.. Give me the best matchup which absolutely is the Yankees.
falcon09
AG
Random thought I had today. Today was the first time in the last 13 Astros playoff games that the home team (real or designated) won the game. The last one was Altuve vs Chapman.
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
They hate us cause they ain't us.
tjack16
AG

Don't think I actually knew what his voice sounded like until now
JJxvi
AG
The under .500 thing is hilarious. Its 60 ****ing games, it might as well be meaningless. The Washington Nationals were 27-33 through 60 games just last year and won the world series. The fact that better teams would get left out is the whole reason they added playoff teams
Post removed:
by user
JJxvi
AG
Im not even sure its all that rare for teams under .500 through 60 games to make the playoffs. From our own history i know we were 15-30 when the chronicle declared our season dead in 2005
bluefire579
AG
bearkatag15 said:

scrimp said:

He's a pretty good player overall. His success vs Houston isn't unique. He's good against a few others as well.
Do they only do the opponent by season? Was trying to find career because I wanted to see just how high Jason Kendall's average was against us. Guy would be hitting a buck fifty on the season and come in and just tear our pitching apart.
TXAGcommenter
AG
Baseball-reference.com
Deluxe
AG
We also finished under .500 because we benched our starters the last two games HAVING ALREADY CLINCHED
bdgol07
AG
Marvin said:

bdgol07 said:

First to 8 might be the ticket to a win tonight

I'll take the over.
Looks like 8 was the right number
AgDC

The comments are very entertaining.
07ag
AG
Anonymous Source
S
scrimp said:

cap-n-jack said:

spadilly said:

I think she is a gal that you just really don't want to mess with.
She seems super nuts and super vocal, but I like the fact that she's at least defending a team many others have distanced themselves from.....
She's very much a baseball wife.
She and Colin really enjoyed their time in Houston, and if you follow her, she's said often that it was their favorite stop in the journey.
Gig 'Em
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
Loved seeing Carlos pimp that HR.

He absolutely demolished that hanger and knew it. Didn't show up the pitcher or talk smack at OAK but let the emotions flow.

He's locked in and you know that felt so good.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 675 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.