****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,260 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More sucking from Sanchez.
Mathguy64
AG
Dude has an arm. Throwing hundo after 2 TJ surgeries.
Mathguy64
AG
This is a bad matchup for the rays. All this guy has is a FB.
Beat40
Man, I wish we had DJ LeMahieu. Haha.
agproducer
AG
Nothing but breaking stuff to Judge.
Beat40
No FB to Judge.
Mathguy64
AG
Nothing but breaking balls to Judge. Smart. And none of them anywhere near the zone.
iamtheglove
The Yankees lose! Thhhhhheeeeeeeee Yankees lose!!
Ag12thman
AG
Would be nice to finish off the A's and watch these teams battle it out for five games.
ClickClack
AG
third coast.. said:

everyone hates CB

He is so, so bad.

I don't think I can bet on a Yankees game again. That was super stressful but got my rays -1.
Beat40
Boys, that's a professional reliever right there. That was a gutsy performance from him. Way to dig in.
agdaddy04
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Struck him out on ball 4.

Who knows what CB would've called it
agproducer
AG
Time to switch over to Dodgers Padres. It was nice seeing Mookie stand the bases loaded last inning.
ClickClack
AG
Beat40 said:

Boys, that's a professional reliever right there. That was a gutsy performance from him. Way to dig in.

Pretty sure we'd be roasting him. He was awful the first 18 pitches. But...did enough.
AggiEE
Should we hope the Yankees win the series?

First, id like our hitters to demolish Cole....second, the Yankees are a much worse team than the Rays...
ClickClack
AG
AggiEE said:

First, id like our hitters to demolish Cole....second, the Yankees are a much worse team than the Rays...

I think it would be an epic series if we played the Yankees this year with Cole switching and all their whining and general dewshbaggery.

Not sure who we'd match up with better. Yankees lineup is scary. But we somehow know how to beat them.
Beat40
agproducer said:

Time to switch over to Dodgers Padres. It was nice seeing Mookie stand the bases loaded last inning.

Garret Richards' stache and eyebrows make him look like he's in his 40s.
Ag_07
AG
Yankees have a scary lineup but they feast on FBs.

With our guys like Zach, Framber, Urquidy, Lance we have a staff that can spin the hell out of it.

We could handle them. Plus after Cole their pitching isn't all that great.
Beat40
Man, Padres gift the Dodgers a run.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Yankees have a scary lineup but they feast on FBs.

With our guys like Zach, Framber, Urquidy, Lance we have a staff that can spin the hell out of it.

We could handle them. Plus after Cole their pitching isn't all that great.

I just want more gifs of Judge flailing at curveballs.
Beat40
It's amazing what our pitching staff is compared to most of the rest of the teams in the playoffs.

All these teams seemingly put guys out there who are slinging 97-100.

We have gone with the other approach. A couple guys that can run it up to 98, but we're going to spin the crap out of you. We just have to locate.

Can really work in our advantage if we are on.
Buck Compton
AG
Home plate umps messing **** up all over the place... San Diego skipper just got tossed.
agproducer
AG
I'm not looking past the A's, but if the Astros are fortunate enough to advance, I want those whiny ass Yankees. I want the Astros to send them home crying... again.

Then, I want the Dodgers, so they can cry some more. Then we take the Commissioner's Trophy. In Arlington. Winning the first championship seen at the Rangers new home field.

It would be absolutely delicious.
Farmer1906
AG
iamtheglove said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Assuming Greinke is out, who do we bring up when we send him down?

If we can't use him, I'm not sure it'll matter. We don't really have a bunch of options.
If we get to the ALCS I would run out McCullers, Framber, Urquidy, Javier and Paredes. Paredes was a starter in the minors. Would add someone like Cionel Perez who I thought looked pretty good when he was up. It would seriously impact our bullpen, but would rather move Paredes into the rotation and have a one inning guy as the call up for Greinke.

We have a paper thin bullpen. I'm not sure taking away our best or second best arm to a role he hasn't been in will work. You can't just flip the switch for relief & starters in most cases.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Home plate ump in that yankee game was one of the worst I've seen.

Worst single call goes to our ump today though on what should've been ball 8.
agproducer
AG
Speaking of the crying Dodgers, look at the trash and pandering from one of the largest newspapers in the country.

"Thieves from Houston." Boo ****ing hoo.

redline248
AG
Call Correa whatever you want, but he ain't tone deaf. That's for f-cking sure
Buck Compton
AG
Padres imploding now after the ejection.
ClickClack
AG
That was a quick 5 runs
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

I am not sure who'd I'd rather face in 7 games but I 100% want it to go 5 and maybe even thrown in some extra innings. I want Cole spent and not able to start more than 1 game in the next series. Same for Snell. Tired bullpen arms.

If we take care of business tomorrow we can be fully rested and have LMJ or Framber on full rest on Sunday.
agproducer
AG
redline248 said:

Call Correa whatever you want, but he ain't tone deaf. That's for f-cking sure
Yeah, definitely. CC knows what's up. He is a great teammate and great ambassador for the 'Stros.
Nino Brown
Here's to hoping pitching doesn't catch up with us. A Stros-Dodgers WS would make me forget Covid even happened. We've lost arguably the two best pitchers in baseball the past two years and if they get to the WS you pay CC and George whatever they want.
Deluxe
AG
Yankees are in trouble. They just flat out aren't as good as the Rays when the $300 million man can't pitch. Boone obviously knew that and made a panic move last night.

Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
The Yankees are a one trick pony. Sit on FB and hit HRs. But Cash used his best 2, maybe 3, bullets from the pen last night for more than 20 pitches each. If they have to go again today that will really limit them in game 4.

No days off are going to be a problem for everyone. Framber going 7 yesterday was huge but having to use Enoli twice in a row was a big deal for us. Pressly too but I think that's less important. With Greinke being iffy Urkeeding today needs to go deep. Dusty absolutely cannot burn the pen today.
First Page Last Page
Page 625 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.