****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,894 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12 more.
Ag12thman
AG
Ag12thman said:

Astros WIN 4-1

A's LOSE 4-1
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Pulling our ace down 1 run at 79 pitches. The fk outta here.

Our ace who has been struggling down the stretch, had unusual control issues today, and had been hit hard a few times already. I understand not wanted this line up to see him a 3rd time.

Fair point on the lineup flipping.

I want to ride Framber for the rest of the game unless he really struggles. I'll get my point out there first so y'all don't claim I'm just arguing to argue.

I think Dusty checks my posts.
W
AG
and in a 3-game series...who needs a bullpen?

just use your starters
Farmer1906
AG
bdgol07 said:

Well, we won

Bad thing is this juts justifies the Baker decision to pull Grienke early, AGAIN

Why is that bad? It was the right call today.
Beat40
Man, I am so glad we won game 1. Cannot describe how huge that is.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

just use your starters

We can do the same thing tomorrow worth Urquidy and Javier. Maybe mix in Pressly.
mwm
Game 1 win could be the start of something big. Good job, men.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
That was some chess at the end and I love it. They put in a ****ty fat righty trying to get us to put in pressly, in which case my guess is they would have pinch hit again and put a lefty in, and baker said **** you. Game over.
BayAg_14
LETS GO!!! SUCK IT HATERS!
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

W said:

just use your starters

We can do the same thing tomorrow worth Urquidy and Javier. Maybe mix in Pressly.

I was just thinking this. Ride Urquidy as long as he is effective and then go to Javier.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bdgol07 said:

Well, we won

Bad thing is this juts justifies the Baker decision to pull Grienke early, AGAIN

Right or wrong, it fkn worked.
bdgol07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bdgol07 said:

Well, we won

If you are going to expect 5 innings of 2hit ball from Valdez every time then you are correct to play that card, that is an anomaly and I will always disagree with pulling a starter after 4 innings of 2-3 hit ball and 1 run when his pitch count is so low. He's your stud, let him pitch
Beat40
mwm said:

Game 1 win could be the start of something big. Good job, men.

Thanks. I was proud of my performance.
ClickClack
AG
Gotta say I'm surprised we pulled that one out. Here's to hoping we start playing like the fking Houston Astros again
wildmen09
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

W said:

just use your starters

I was just thinking this. Ride Urquidy as long as he is effective and then go to Javier.

Agreed, our pitching is weirdly set up well for a 3 game series with the amount of stretching out of guys we had to do this year. Hell, maybe set up well for the playoffs. Need offense!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

What can i say except youre welcome?
It only counts if you sang as you typed it.
I have twin 8 year olds. I watched Moana as recently as yesterday.
Beat40
bdgol07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bdgol07 said:

Well, we won

If you are going to expect 5 innings of 2hit ball from Valdez every time then you are correct to play that card, that is an anomaly and I will always disagree with pulling a starter after 4 innings of 2-3 hit ball and 1 run when his pitch count is so low. He's your stud, let him pitch

Valdez has been money all year long. 5 innings of 2 hit ball is not too much of an anomaly this year.

I was initially upset with pulling Grienke, but I think if you're going to put Framber in, it's best to do it at the beginning of an inning. You just run the risk of Grienke getting in trouble and then having to go to your bullpen. So that's the decision. Put the start you want in the beginning of the next inning or let Grienke go out there and try to get through another inning. If he gets in any trouble, you have to use the bullpen, who hasn't been great at keeping inherited runners from scoring.

tjack16
AG
Who was mad that Valdez came in during the 5th?

In a 3 game series I'm 100% fine with that because he was our 4 starter for this series anyways from what I saw on twitter.
Beat40
ClickClack said:

Gotta say I'm surprised we pulled that one out. Here's to hoping we start playing like the fking Houston Astros again

That was a pretty vintage Houston Astros game. All of our runs came on 2 outs and we had some 2 out clutch hitting. We worked the starter and the relievers and made them throw strikes.

Need to do this again tomorrow.
EagleAg19
That was quite the gamble bringing Framber in when we were down one. Glad we pulled it out.
Marvin
AG
bdgol07 said:

Well, we won

I'd say, without going out on too much of a limb, that Dusty was justified in that decision. You can disagree with it, but it worked for 5 innings.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

That was some chess at the end and I love it. They put in a ****ty fat righty trying to get us to put in pressly, in which case my guess is they would have pinch hit again and put a lefty in, and baker said **** you. Game over.

Never start a land war in Asia, nor a logic war in Dustyland.
Marvin
AG
EagleAg19 said:

That was quite the gamble bringing Framber in when we were down one. Glad we pulled it out.

Yeah, I didn't have the same faith in the offense that Dusty did, but give it to the skipper. He made the right call today.
W
AG
Farmer1906 said:

W said:

just use your starters

it's so much like college baseball strategy
Ags #1
AG
Lance starts tomorrow?
astros4545
AG
Twins team OPS is .100 points lower vs Lefties than Righties
Ag_07
AG
I was impressed that Dusty let Framber have the 9th after sitting that long then left him in to finish it.
tjack16
AG
Ags #1 said:

Lance starts tomorrow?

I'd go Urquidy ... but I'm guessing it'll be Lance
bdgol07
AG
Ags #1 said:

Lance starts tomorrow?
Did they announce that? Urquidy was the slated starter for tomorrow
Farmer1906
AG
Do not throw Lance on short rest. Save him for game 3 or 1. He'll have the edge over most teams #3/4.
McInnis
AG
Twins now with 17 consecutive post season losses. That's amazing. Even the '62 Mets never lost more than 17 in a row. Here's hoping for 18.
AggieLit
Their pitching drops off after Maeda, right?
jkag89
McInnis said:

Twins now with 17 consecutive post season losses. That's amazing. Even the '62 Mets never lost more than 17 in a row. Here's hoping for 18.
This or that the Twins are not capable of winning games back to back this postseason.
Beat40
McInnis said:

Hoping they're super tight tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 564 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.