****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,586 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forearm discomfort
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I Glasnow had a forearm strain last year and missed 4 months. It was supposed to be 4-6 weeks, but then he had a setback during a throwing session. Our offense is good enough to get us to the postseason provably still win the division without JV. Getting him back for the postseason is all that matters.
With expanded playoffs I'm okay with not rushing him back
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Rome has to be fired.
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Rome has to be fired.

****ing amen. But that Lib **** rag Houston Comical would never
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Getting him back for the postseason is all that matters.
Mr.Bond
AG
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Kim Kardashian.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

RO519
AG
Mr.Bond said:

n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Kim Kardashian.....

She got it on her back, right?
tjack16
AG
Mr.Bond said:

n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Kim Kardashian.....

I was waiting for that part of the GIF
Mr.Bond
AG

Ag12thman
AG
I feel like Rome can be taken down in less than a day.

Thank God JV is likely to return.
Ag94Ag17
AG
**** chandler rome
Mr.Bond
AG
He should be fired..... Now

Mathguy64
AG
There is something strange here. Journalists don't normally make up diagnoses. Those come from club sources. JV contradicting it like he just did is very strange.
Prosperdick
AG
mathguy86 said:

There is something strange here. Journalists don't normally make up diagnoses. Those come from club sources. JV contradicting it like he just did is very strange.
Yes but when said "journalist" is a chode like Chandler all bets are off. Seriously, his name is Chandler, that's almost as bad as being named Dick.
Mr.Bond
AG
mathguy86 said:

It's exactly the same statement dusty made too though. I think and pray someone grossly jumped the gun

Mr.Bond
AG
Prosperdick said:

mathguy86 said:

Yes but when said "journalist" is a chode like Chandler all bets are off. Seriously, his name is Chandler, that's almost as bad as being named Dick.

Username checks out

Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Prosperdick said:

mathguy86 said:

Username checks out
For the record my username ALWAYS checks out....at least that's what my wife tells me.
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, Chandler isn't a journalist. He's a glorified blogger.

I'm sure some low level "source" informed him it was season-ending, but you don't run that news without verification. JV likely has some type of soft tissue or ligament inflammation and they're going to wait 2 weeks for another MRI to see how serious it may be. Hell, they could announce that it's career ending at that point for all we know. But it isn't now.

It's like every Astros and Aggie beat writer can't wait to jump out there with bad news, but always waits to verify on good news.
Ag_07
AG
mathguy86 said:

Well when your best two sources in the organization are Orbit and Bobby Dynamite it's easy to see how this happens.
Cromagnum
AG
JV says its not all season.

Philip J Fry
HossAg
AG
Get ****ed Chandler
Harry Dunne
Eff Chandler Rome, but for someone to speculate he's done, it probably ain't good. Astros don't have a great history with the "strain - evaluate in 2 weeks" type of injuries.

Need Greinke to pull his zombie-looking head out of his a$$ and be an ace. Good chance for Urkeeding, Framber & James to step up as well.
bearkatag15
AG

I had forgot that this was McCullers same initial diagnosis. Makes sense why someone in the organization jumps to the same outcome lance had
Ag_07
AG
But you'd think if it was something serious and he had no shot of coming back then they'd say it. Shut him down and get him on the road to rehab.

Plus with the need for pitchers he'd be on the IL ASAP to get someone else up here.
Philip J Fry
AG
Is there an example where a forearm strain did not result in TJ surgery?
Farmer1906
AG
Tyler Glasnow last year.
agproducer
AG
I went over to the Rangers thread, and you would think they'd be talking about Kluber. Nope, they are taking about JV.
JJxvi
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I had forgot that this was McCullers same initial diagnosis. Makes sense why someone in the organization jumps to the same outcome lance had
That isn't the same outcome at all if McCullers still pitched. Rome's report was "out for the season."
bearkatag15
AG
https://thescorecrow.com/2019/05/13/forearm-pain-a-pause-not-an-end-to-glasnows-season/

Here is a good story about Glasnow last year that explains forearm strains and how they can be caused
bearkatag15
AG
At the end of the day if they were both eventually shut down for the rest of the season, isn't that the same outcome?
JJxvi
AG
And yet if someone had reported on August 7, 2018 that "Lance McCullers is out for the remainder of the season with an elbow injury" they got the story dead wrong.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah same outcome but Rome reported as if the decision was made and he's done as of today.

That's false and he's a hack
bearkatag15
AG
Christian Javier or Cy Sneed probably get the start vs the Dodgers right? I'd be very interested to see Javier get it. He looks really good so far
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah same outcome but Rome reported as if the decision was made and he's done as of today.

That's false and he's a hack

Couldn't happen to a bigger d-bag
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.