****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,313 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paging cap-n-jack... this win deserves some TOFA.
tjack16
AG
Huge win
Ag12thman
AG
I had serious doubts when we were down 0-4. Good to get a win, especially against the division leaders.
agproducer
AG
Giants and M's tied at 5 in the 7th.
agproducer
AG
Make that 6-5 Giants
Ag12thman
AG
What has happened to the Yankees? I know Judge was hurt and maybe still is, but they have really blown the season. They were getting all the headlines not too long ago. If playoffs started today, I believe they would not be in.

Love it regardless, though. LOL @ the Yankees.
n_touch
Ag12thman said:

What has happened to the Yankees? I know Judge was hurt and maybe still is, but they have really blown the season. They were getting all the headlines not too long ago. If playoffs started today, I believe they would not be in.

Jomboy will find someway to blame the Astros and that Cole is really a secret insider bringing the club down
Farmer1906
AG
Ag12thman said:

Picture what happened to us but much worse.
W
AG
wow, the Astros finally stopped the bleeding.

and maybe the Giants are going to help out the cause later tonight
W
AG
so as of this moment Houston is 22-21.

Seattle is 19-22 and in need of a 9th inning rally
W
AG
the Giants win.

which means the Astros are guaranteed to get out of Oakland still in 2nd place.

could really use one more win in the Bay area to just about guarantee getting back to Houston in 2nd place
redline248
AG
This deserves to be on the thread. Carlos is a damn magician

redline248
AG
Has Raley been our best/most consistent bullpen arm, since his signing?
old ag 2003
AG
If I am looking at this correctly, the yankees are only .5 games ahead of the Orioles for the last playoff spot right?
Big Al 1992
AG
Stay .500 from here on out, get healthy, and we should be fine come playoff time.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Pleasantly surprised to wake up and see they won game 2. Now go win today.

*cue winning streak meme
Ag_07
AG
Ag12thman said:

What has happened to the Yankees?

Cole is not the same Cole we had and he's all they have in that rotation.

They began to nosedive when they had to actually play a 5 man rotation and he didn't get to pitch every other game.
Deluxe
AG
HUGE win last night. Guarantees we go at least 1-10 on this road trip. All house money over the next four games.
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

HUGE win last night. Guarantees we go at least 1-10 on this road trip. All house money over the next four games.

I think a 2-2 finish to this road trip would be a dream.
Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

Deluxe said:

I think a 2-2 finish to this road trip would be a dream.

0-4 - expected
1-3 - exceeding expectations
2-2 - wildest dream comes true
3-1 or better - unrealistic. definitely will not happen. no chance.
agproducer
AG
I know we are focused on the A's right now, but that series in Seattle starting on the 21st is looming large. I hope we can weather this storm and get healthy by those three games.
bearkatag15
AG
One of the pieces from the JV trade got called up

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
W
AG
I would love to be spiking the football on the Yankees right now...but the Astros need to win another game in Oakland.

the Mariners are in a very soft part of their schedule. They have 9 games vs. the A's and Padres coming up -- sandwiched around the 'stros trip to Safeco.

it is wild that at one point Seattle was 7-18. Now they are in the playoff hunt. Maybe the AL West gets 3 teams in the postseason
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Define consistent.

He's had 11 appearances. In this he's pitched anywhere from 1 out to 5 outs. He's given up an earned run in 3/11 and an unearned run in 1/11. He doesn't walk many and strikes out enough. He's been good, not great. Only one truly terrible outing.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Define consistent.

He's had 11 appearances. In this he's pitched anywhere from 1 out to 5 outs. He's given up an earned run in 3/11 and an unearned run in 1/11. He doesn't walk many and strikes out enough. He's been good, not great. Only one truly terrible outing.

I think he's consistently giving us solid innings. Like you said, just 1 really bad outing.
bearkatag15
AG
Keith Law's write up about Luis Garcia from his first outing:

Quote:

The Astros called up their No. 3 prospect, right-hander Luis Garca, and then didn't use him for a week, eventually calling on him when oft-injured Lance McCullers Jr. couldn't get loose and had to exit a start after failing to retire any of the five batters he faced. Garca was 92-96 mph with good fade on an 83-84 mph changeup and decent spin on a slurvy curveball at 76-82 mph. He used the breaking ball more than his changeup, but the pitch flattened out at times and it was out of the zone more often than in it. Garca went 4 1/3 innings, so this amounted to an unplanned start after five days on the roster without pitching in a game; his first scheduled start will be this Wednesday against the A's, and that may tell us a bit more of how ready he is now.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
redline248
AG
Apparently his FIP in those 4.1 innings was over 7. Here's to small sample size making that irrelevant.
htxag09
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Think our game is in danger of being canceled?
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Apparently his FIP in those 4.1 innings was over 7. Here's to small sample size making that irrelevant.

That is just due to the walks. Right now he's got 19% BB%. Which would put him dead last I'm qualified pitchers BB%.

He gave up 3 walks in 4 innings. Either he has ridiculously bad control issues or the sample size is tiny and it's nothing to really worry about yet.
Mathguy64
AG
3 walks in 4 innings is below the average for our bull pen.
mwm
Believe it or not, there are more important things in this world than baseball.
Farmer1906
AG
mwm said:

Believe it or not, there are more important things in this world than baseball.

Is there though?
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Think our game is in danger of being canceled?

We should claim to feel unsafe and force MLB to reschedule the next two games in Houston
Harry Dunne
First Page Last Page
Page 464 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.