****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,381 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't blame the bullpen. Blame McCullers.
DVC2010
AG
"Home" games on the road make me angry.
Beat40
Very disappointing.

Have to figure out how to win on the road. We play more on the road than at home the rest of the way out I believe.
Gap
AG
Hard to believe the Angels with their 3 guys hitting over .200 put up 17 runs in 14 innings and they sat one of them in each game: Rendon in game 1 and Simmons in game 2.
W
AG
W said:

note: the Astros have a 5-game lead in the loss column over the 3rd place Mariners

update...4-game lead in the loss column over the Mariners.

and the 'stros ain't thru losing on this roadtrip
Unemployed
AG
Not blaming Dusty but Dusty fking sucks.
W
AG
RealTalk said:

Don't blame the bullpen. Blame McCullers.
yep, he can't meltdown in the 1st inning on a long roadtrip with doubleheaders aplenty
Beat40
Gap said:

Hard to believe the Angels with their 3 guys hitting over .200 put up 17 runs in 14 innings and they sat one of them in each game: Rendon in game 1 and Simmons in game 2.

Just shows the talent gap between A, AA ballers and MLB hitters, even ones hitting .200, in my opinion.
Big Al 1992
AG
Can't even enjoy the Yankees collapse since we are right there with them.
tjack16
AG
Mariners have won 4 in a row as well. We need to win today badly
Mathguy64
AG
I'm so glad I bailed after the first inning of game 2. This is a **** show right now.
6-4-3
AG
I understand some of the criticism of Dusty, but this has been a squad with no Cole, no Verlander, no closer, no Peacock and an array of minor league pitchers. Springer and Altuve hitting significantly below career numbers. I'm not sure what to do with that.
jakeaggie84
AG
Slider Away said:

I understand some of the criticism of Dusty, but this has been a squad with no Cole, no Verlander, no closer, no Peacock and an array of minor league pitchers. Springer and Altuve hitting significantly below career numbers. I'm not sure what to do with that.

True. The fact that we are in second is pretty amazing. As long as we can get our guys back for the playoffs, we might be able to do something.
tjack16
AG
20 runs in 3 games, all 3 losses.
You could argue this is the best 3 game stretch we have had offensively, especially given less innings played in this series (25 total).

the most frustrating to me is that this team is just so inconsistent. One week our pitching staff is lights out, but the offense sucks. Then this week our offense is lights out, and the pitching sucks.

In terms of the playoff teams (1 and 2 in each division) we are the worst on the road by far at 5-12.

The next worst team from the 12 playoff teams is Philly at 5-7.. every other playoff team is either .500 or above on the road this year
Cromagnum
AG
We might get to the divisional series, but I dont think we get any further this season. Too many critical injuries and way too inconsistent, especially on the road. My expectation at this point is just to enjoy this jacked up covid season with stupid overtime rules for what I can and just wait til 2021.
Beat40
7 innings of shut out ball from Framber today would go a really long way. Here's to hoping that happens.
agproducer
AG
I'm glad I've missed most of this series so far.

It's disappointing our pitching has been so poor the last few games.

I think they will turn it around, but catching the A's at this point seems like a pipe dream.

But even though all of this, the Astros are still the 5th seed. Reinforcements are coming. Bregman will be back soon. We will also get Altuve back shortly. They just need to stay afloat until the playoffs.

LFG!!!

bearkatag15
AG

So no pressure...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
redline248
AG
Apparently we aren't the worst bullpen.

...but maybe we have been lately
redline248
AG
...and 1 more

redline248
AG
"huge day today," and then he rests Yuli
aggielax48
AG
No joke. I also can't believe Pressley couldn't nut up and pitch an inning yesterday. 18 pitches on Friday but didn't pitch Thursday. One inning probably wins one of the two yesterday.
mwm
Absent an injury, no one should get a "day off" the rest of the season. They've had so many "days off" already. They can take vacation in December & January.
tjack16
AG
I'm guessing they are saving bregmans return for Oakland.
Farmer1906
AG
Do not see how people are getting injured across the league and on our team? Do you think it really matters if we win the division this year? It's a 3 game playoff in round one and I don't think there is all that much difference between the 1 and 8 seeds. Get as healthy as you can for the playoffs >>> going 37-23 instead of 33-27.
htxag09
AG
Didn't we have like 4 days off last week?
bearkatag15
AG

Welp...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Is there actually something wrong with lance or is dusty just sick of his shlt?
redline248
AG
It went from "dead arm" to neck nerve irritation.

My nerves are irritated, too, Lance.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Do not see how people are getting injured across the league and on our team? Do you think it really matters if we win the division this year? It's a 3 game playoff in round one and I don't think there is all that much difference between the 1 and 8 seeds. Get as healthy as you can for the playoffs >>> going 37-23 instead of 33-27.
The only thing that matters is whether JV can come back and start. Anyone can win a 3-game series, but we don't have enough pitching to make it to or win a WS without JV. I think he's done for the year. Maybe he tries to come back and close, but that won't be enough.

Framber is great and has been a really nice surprise, but you don't win a WS with him as your #2 starter. Maybe this is the beginning of the prime what is going to be a Mike Hampton-like career and I'm totally wrong about this. I hope so.

JV, Greinke and then you hope Framber & Javier are up to the challenge. Devo and Peacock have been left off recent playoff rosters and IF they are healthy and pitching decently they are probalby now high leverage guys and maybe McCullers can get his head out of his ass and provide another relief option but right now he's useless...so the bullpen is going to be a weak spot regardless...but with JV and Greinke and a fully healthy (sans Yordan) lineup, I still think we have enough firepower to have a shot.
cap-n-jack
Ok starting to believe in Tucker.
redline248
AG
They taking it easy on us by not playing Trout?
Diyala Nick
AG
Bregman - Tucker - Yordan is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams for many years.
bearkatag15
AG
redline248 said:

They taking it easy on us by not playing Trout?
Framber owns Trout. not a bad off day for him
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Is there actually something wrong with lance or is dusty just sick of his shlt?

Y'all get so irrational. Last year it was Correa. Earlier it was Tucker. Now it's Lance.
First Page Last Page
Page 451 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.