****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,223 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could never dig out of the hole Lance put us in but damn if they didn't try. Just one timely hit in the 8th would have done it.
Ag12thman
AG
I loved the fight tonight. Let's take the series.
Chuck Gay
AG
Hard to believe that we never had a runner at 3rd. If there is no confidence in Toro to move a runner, get Greinke up there.

I think the inability for our lineup to exhibit some fundamentals when needed has been a bigger problem than the bullpen.
Beat40
That 3-24 RISP stat they showed was mind boggling. That's the real reason we lost tonight.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG

Oh.

Just a weird period every time he faces a little adversity and/or doesn't pitch at home.

Nothing to see here.
redline248
AG
I don't care what he says, it's inexcusable to pitch like he did after the homer.
SA-AG72
AG
A's lost so we didn't lose any ground. Still 2 games back
6-4-3
AG
He is injured alright. It's a mental injury.
Cromagnum
AG
So he magically gets hurt everytime he pitches outside of Houston? Give me a break.
Harry Dunne
Beat40 said:

Ag12thman said:

Beat40 said:

Ag12thman said:

I can't stand Trout. Raley, geez....last thing you needed to do.

I want to dislike Trout, but I can't. I think he's really likeable.

He should be the face of MLB more so than Bryce Harper or Aaron Judge.
I agree with that. I just get tired of "best player in baseball on one of the worst teams in baseball." Yes, he's good. I don't know that he's the best, though. It's like people just say that to say it because he's likeable.

I personally do think he's the best. I think if he played for LA, Boston, either NY team, or even St Louis he would be everywhere. That is definitely on him though as he chose money over a real chance of winning.

I hope now that he chose to play for the Angels writers will stop using that as an excuse.

Very hard to turn down as much money as he did.
Things can change pretty quickly in baseball. Everyone said that about Machado on the Padres and look at him now. Cole went to the Yankees to win rings. Not working out great so far. If he had stayed here and kept pitching the way he was, we'd still be favorites to win it.

I personally don't think the angels are gonna be contenders anytime soon, but you never know. I do think there is something to be said for knowing where you're comfortable and fit in and can do well. Some people, like possibly Cole, are not built for New York or other markets where there's intense scrutiny.
Harry Dunne
I was struggling to stay awake in the 9th, saw the game-tying RBI and then turned it off. I was about to post that we needed to finish it in the 9th bc we were going to gag again in extras.

I had a dream that we won the game with a triple play - great diving catch by Tucker, bullet to Correa at 2nd and then Yuli tagged the sliding runner on his helmet at first...

But then I woke up this morning and saw that unfortunately in extras, we are who we thought we were.
expresswrittenconsent
Harry Dunne said:

I was struggling to stay awake in the 9th, saw the game-tying RBI and then turned it off. I was about to post that we needed to finish it in the 9th bc we were going to gag again in extras.

I had a dream that we won the game with a triple play - great diving catch by Tucker, bullet to Correa at 2nd and then Yuli tagged the sliding runner on his helmet at first...

But then I woke up this morning and saw that unfortunately in extras, we are who we thought we were.
thanks for sharing your rad dreams anyway. takes away some of the sting.
07ag
AG
so, bielak and urquidy starting tonight,, who is available in the bullpen? sneed, devo, enoli, and taylor? is that it?

could be rough tonight if bielak or urquidy have to get pulled early,, what are the rules on position players pitching? do we still get an extra roster spot for doubleheaders? would dusty put lance back in tonight, or javier gets a few pitches for his 'bullpen' day?
Mathguy64
AG
We have an extra player for today only. I don't know who but surely it's a pitcher. And frankly, McCullers could be used in long relief.
Deluxe
AG
Today kicks of a stretch of 8 games in 6 days that will likely go a long way in determining whether or not we ring up a fourth straight division title. I almost think we need to think of this stretch like the playoffs in terms of pitcher usage.

We'll have time to rotationally rest some arms over the last couple weeks of the season and get them ready for October, so I think we gotta extend starters and ride hot bullpen hands during this stretch.

Need to pickup at least another game on the A's while they play the Padres and we play the Angels. Then we get to face them. Then we have a couple days off around the Dodgers. If we can get through that Dodgers series with the division lead, we're looking good cuz it's all bottom feeders the rest of the way.

Would be huge if Bielak and Urquidy could give us five each today and the offense can give us a cushion in both games so we don't have to use any high lev guys.
scrimp
AG
I think the team gets another player for the doubleheader. Hate to say it, 'cuz the kid pitched pretty dang well, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Garcia swapped on the active roster to give the pen a little depth for the next 3 games. Castellanos, De Jong, Bailey, and even Biagini might be in play for the one/two spots.
redline248
AG
What time is game 1? 6?
jetch17
AG
Looks like 6:07/9:07
scrimp
AG
I forgot Urquidy will be taking one the spots. Peacock traveling with the team as well. He's probably the other if they shift Garcia for depth.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09
AG
Haven't been paying much attention. But why the **** do we have a doubleheader at 6 and 9 today? Especially with a day game tomorrow.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
htxag09 said:

Haven't been paying much attention. But why the **** do we have a doubleheader at 6 and 9 today? Especially with a day game tomorrow.

Because MLB hates the Astros.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

htxag09 said:

Don't the Angels have the same situation?
Harry Dunne
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

htxag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

htxag09 said:

Yeah but they have nothing to play for. They should just do the Astros a favor and forfeit.
scrimp
AG
Watching the A's/Padres game on Fox right now. What's the point of the CGI'd fans in stadium? I'm not talking about the cardboard cutouts--I kind of dig those. But the early 2000s era video game crowd they overlay during homeruns and foul balls. I'm not sure what the point is.....
Farmer1906
AG
Casual home run rob. ****.
Mathguy64
AG
I give up.
Farmer1906
AG
That wasn't even close. WTF!
Mathguy64
AG
Adding insult to injury, that was in the opposing batters box for a strike call.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Alright Bielak. Don't let this mushroom
Mathguy64
AG
He made a good pitch. Ohtani just fisted it in the right place
Mathguy64
AG
That's same pitch struck Straw out. In fact it wasn't as far outside.
First Page Last Page
Page 443 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.