****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,425 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they really wanted to make a statement they would've played and stopped after 4.2 innings and had a moment of silence or all come on the field or something to pay homage to Jackie.
htxag09
AG
Worst part is they have no defined goal from these "protests." What do you want to accomplish? Racial equality? Specifically what does that mean and how are we not there and how do we get there? This is just a joke. Just raising money for BLM? How about an organization that actually gives back and assists communities needing it.

This is just a ***** fit for no apparent reason, no thought, and no goal.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Not plying on Jackie Robinson day, the man who broke the color barrier in baseball.

This is hilariously woke.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm ****ing done for the foreseeable future. **** these privileged *******s
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

i is smart
AG
I'm done. Screw all these soft wusses in this country. Go to hell. Facts don't care about your feelings.
cap-n-jack
Farmer1906 said:

cap-n-jack said:

What about the emotion of the fans Blum? This is complete bull*****

Any home announcer that comes out against this would be canceled immediately.

Of this there is no doubt. But couldn't someone associated with the game or one of the teams wonder out loud what this is doing this the sport?
The answer is no of course.
redline248
AG
I imagine at some point teams are thinking "if we don't do this we're going to get crushed," which makes them p_ssies.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll get over it, but I'm done watching for a while.
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm done. Thanks for 2017.
agdaddy04
AG
Well, it's been fun guys. Would sure like to know which of the players organized this. Hope they still win the WS, but won't be watching.
tjack16
AG
I'm still all in and looking forward to a doubleheader tomorrow
Gap
AG
I was heading to a sports bar / restaurant tonight about 9:30 too. People in that industry still trying to get on their feet after being broken by covid and these privileged millionaires give them this pile of garbage as another obstacle as they try to avoid failure.
Philip J Fry
AG
I honestly wouldn't mind it so much if they actually backed a case where the police were in the wrong.
Big Cat `93
AG
Make a real statement: wait and walk off the field in front of a full house instead of a bunch of cutouts.

Pathetic. And unoriginal now.
jah003
S
Should we make a list for everyone who is done watching? It is what it is. It sucks. I don't like it, but every team will do it. See you guys tomorrow.
agdaddy04
AG
redline248 said:

I imagine at some point teams are thinking "if we don't do this we're going to get crushed," which makes them p_ssies.

Of all incidents they pick one to make a stand. Wow.
redline248
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Well, it's been fun guys. Would sure like to know which of the players organized this. Hope they still win the WS, but won't be watching.

I can only wonder what the Latin players think about all this. Some of them, the Cubans in particular, are probably shaking their heads at what Americans call injustice.
agdaddy04
AG
jah003 said:

Should we make a list for everyone who is done watching? It is what it is. It sucks. I don't like it, but every team will do it. See you guys tomorrow.

If that were the case what are the other teams waiting on?
JABQ04
AG
These rich sport stars should donate money to causes or their time. These are just hollow toe the line bull**** stunts.
W
AG
it's not the Latino players doing this
aTm2004
AG
I guess Gurriel and Perez would prefer Cuba and Altuve, Venezuela.
cone
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I wish I had the balls to just stop watching sports.

it's not that hard
agdaddy04
AG
Who is it?
agdaddy04
AG
Anyone had experience canceling mlb subscription before? Have had to pay to watch the Astros since we moved out of state last year.
redline248
AG
W said:

it's not the Latino players doing this
Which is why I wonder what they really think about it
1836er
AG
Ag_07 said:

I wish I had the nuts to quit watching them.

I have some serious thinking and praying to do before I come to a decision about whether I can continue to support this team.

At the moment though, I find myself... of all things... thinking about the guys on the team. I know for sure that not all of the players will have agreed with this decision, and the position those guys are in right now must be really tough.

Even though most of them are millionaires, they still have their jobs, futures, and families to think about, and they and their families can be harassed, slandered, threatened, assaulted, cancelled, and doxed just like the rest of us. Not to mention, if one or some of the players came out strongly against BLM, even behind closed doors in what they thought were private conversations with their teammates, imagine the tension that create in the locker room, and potentially even the friendships that could be irreparably harmed.

For any of the Astros who disagreed with this decision and either spoke against it or remained silent, my prayers are with you tonight as well.
Farmer1906
AG
Twitter is so proud.
Ag_07
AG
cone said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I wish I had the balls to just stop watching sports.

it's not that hard

It is. It's hard to give up anything that you've enjoyed for the majority of your life.

It's not just a sport to a lot of us.
W
AG
more than likely 2 guys that are pending free agents and recently joined the so called Players Alliance
amercer
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm still all in and looking forward to a doubleheader tomorrow
Ag_07
AG
IDGAF who it was behind it

They're a team. They did it
BMX Bandit
W said:

more than likely 2 guys that are pending free agents and recently joined the so called Players Alliance

Did the Latino players not walk off the field?
The Milkman
AG
tailgatetimer10
AG
Y'all think this was a team decision. Nba and nhl cancelled games today. This came from the top down. Gimme a break.
Tu Lucha Es Mi Lucha
Disappointed in some of the guys for not speaking out about real oppression instead of protesting for an armed rapist resisting arrest.
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.