****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,624,915 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
What is Biagini's ERA now... 50.00?
Ag_07
AG
Biagini doesn't belong on this roster.

I'm sure there's a ML roster he can get on but it ain't this one.

Dude is worthless
Farmer1906
AG
This is Bielaks fault.
Unemployed
AG
Too bad we can't send Biagini back to Toronto because Canada closed its borders due to Covid.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Biagini doesn't belong on this roster.

I'm sure there's a ML roster he can get on but it ain't this one.

Dude is worthless
his stupid interviews aren't so cute anymore now that he is sucking moose balls
astros4545
AG
Trash humans

Kaplan and Rome

Marvin
AG
astros4545 said:

Trash humans

Kaplan and Rome

What is this dude's issue? He covers the Astros and is throwing shade.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
07ag
AG
07ag said:

Marvin said:

07ag said:

Marvin said:

Down in Mexico so occasionally following the box scores. Why did Dusty use both Taylor and Pressly in this game, with another one following? I guess it would be Sneed and Scrubb later, but Taylor and Scrubb sounds a lot better.
has a good chance to win a ballgame, so using his bullets to win it. they probably aren't necessarily not available in game 2 either, with next 2 days off

Really, available later in G2 you think? Wouldn't have thought that.
low'ish pitch count, already warmed up. i'd have started game 2 with pressly, basically a long in between inning break

maybe i'm old school, but i don't understand the aversion to pitching 2 straight days

however, i'm sitting on the couch with a beer, having never played nor managed in the big leagues, so what do i know
,,, looking for positives, i called it that blake taylor was available for game 2?
https://ts.la/eric59704
W
AG
I'll stick with my comment from this morning...

Astros need to sweep the A's this weekend if they want to win the division.

will be 4 back in the loss column after tonight
Gap
AG
I can't imagine Biagani is on this roster after Monday's trade deadline.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Gap said:

I can't imagine Biagani is on this roster after Monday's trade deadline.
Farmer1906
AG

I remember. Half the posters on here called it a dumb shot move.
W
AG
the Astros are going to miss Fiers again.

but also miss Bassitt and his 2.97 ERA
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

By miss, you mean the As are carefully making sure he's not out there against us. Which is probably best for both teams after the first set of games.
redline248
AG
Marvin said:

astros4545 said:

Trash humans

Kaplan and Rome

What is this dude's issue? He covers the Astros and is throwing shade.
Corona bro with TDS
agproducer
AG
Mathguy64 said:

W said:

By miss, you mean the As are carefully making sure he's not out there against us. Which is probably best for both teams after the first set of games.

Bob Melvin and the A's are a bunch of *****es for not throwing Fiers. That DB needs to face the guys he squealed on. I've said it before and will say again, " If Fiers was so troubled by the cheating to expose it, he should return his ring and bonus." It's sour grapes because he was left of the playoff roster.
Ag_07
AG
I mean are they avoiding throwing him?

Like are they shuffling their rotation so he doesn't pitch or is it just the way the rotation falls that he won't pitch?
tjack16
AG
In hindsight they could have gotten the game in safely today and the angels could have flown out tonight

But I understand why they decided to postpone.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mathguy64 said:

W said:

I still want the astros to offer the As any player in our farm system for fiers. Just to see what they would do.
Mathguy64
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

I still want the astros to offer the As any player in our farm system for fiers. Just to see what they would do.
Leave out his jackwagon snitch move. On face value as a pitcher and ability alone.

Whitley for Fiers. You making that trade?
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

Leave out his jackwagon snitch move. On face value as a pitcher and ability alone.

Hell no!

Fiers is sporting a 5+ ERA, 6+ FIP, & 1.5+ WHIP. His Ks are down, walks, hits, and HRs are up. He's basically only better than Bielak in our rotation.
Deluxe
AG
Good time to update the young pitcher power rankings!

1 Framber Valdez (3) - quietly the 12th ranked starting pitcher in baseball per Fangraphs WAR
2 Christian Javier (1)
3 Jose Urquidy (4)
4 Enoli Paredes (6) - tough outing in SD but has otherwise been solid in high lev
5 Blake Taylor (5)
6 Cionel Perez (NR) - has looked sharp in his first two 2020 outings
7 Andre Scrubb (7) - finally gave up his first run of the year last night
8 Brandon Bielak (2) - couple rough outing since the last rankings
9 Cy Sneed (9)
10 Josh James (8) - never a good thing when a guy gets hurt, but
11 Brandon Bailey (10)
12 Humberto Castallanos (11)
13 Bryan Abreu (12)
14 Nivaldo Rodriguez (13)
15 Carlos Sanabria (14)

mwm
I's certain it has been mentioned, but the team's performance in game #2 yesterday was highly disappointing.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

Would you?

I don't see how anyone with a rationale baseball thought would trade a young controllable pitcher for an aging deteriorating arm which is no where near one it even once was.
Mathguy64
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Mathguy64 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

Would you?

I don't see how anyone with a rationale baseball thought would trade a young controllable pitcher for an aging deteriorating arm which is no where near one it even once was.
For the record, no. Not for Fiers. However I dont think that Whitley is untouchable. Or should be.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

cpsencik04 said:

Mathguy64 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

Would you?

For the record, no. Not for Fiers. However I dont think that Whitley is untouchable. Or should be.
Right now you're selling low if you move him. Might as well keep him to figure out if he'll ever become anything.
W
AG
Ag_07 said:

I mean are they avoiding throwing him?

Like are they shuffling their rotation so he doesn't pitch or is it just the way the rotation falls that he won't pitch?
there's still a 4-game series coming vs. the A's in September. We'll see what happens with that one
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Quote:

I don't think there is anyone on this board who does consider him untouchable. But I personally think for this year anyone who's name we know should be. Not the year to trade for the shortest of rentals ever.

Also I'd like to think some would see Tucker right now and see that maybe, just maybe Luhnow knows more than those on this board in terms of who to trade and valuing potential.
redline248
AG
I would only trade Whitley if I could get 2 or 3 high potential players back. Which is probably unlikely
W
AG
here are the Astros games played leaders (top 5) after 31 games:

31 - Correa
30 - Tucker, Altuve, Yuli, Reddick

a couple of surprises there

(next on the list would be Machete with 25)
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

here are the Astros games played leaders (top 5) after 31 games:

31 - Correa
30 - Tucker, Altuve, Yuli, Reddick

a couple of surprises there

(next on the list would be Machete with 25)
What is surprising? That these guys stayed healthy?
iamtheglove
Deluxe said:

Good time to update the young pitcher power rankings!

1 Framber Valdez (3) - quietly the 12th ranked starting pitcher in baseball per Fangraphs WAR
2 Christian Javier (1)
3 Jose Urquidy (4)
4 Enoli Paredes (6) - tough outing in SD but has otherwise been solid in high lev
5 Blake Taylor (5)
6 Cionel Perez (NR) - has looked sharp in his first two 2020 outings
7 Andre Scrubb (7) - finally gave up his first run of the year last night
8 Brandon Bielak (2) - couple rough outing since the last rankings
9 Cy Sneed (9)
10 Josh James (8) - never a good thing when a guy gets hurt, but
11 Brandon Bailey (10)
12 Humberto Castallanos (11)
13 Bryan Abreu (12)
14 Nivaldo Rodriguez (13)
15 Carlos Sanabria (14)

I like your rankings and optimistically think that among your top 5 we have the makings of number 3, 4 and 5 starter and 2 quality arms for the pen. Still a small sample size, but if we get that or more (a #2, set up man or closer) it will help us enormously over the next 5-6 years considering we will control all 5 that long. Honestly, the performances of many of these young pitchers has been one of the most unexpected positives of the 2020 season.
Harry Dunne
Mathguy64 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Mathguy64 said:

W said:

Fiers is a bad example for a lot of reasons... but I would absolutely trade him for a veteran pitcher not named Mike Fiers but like Mike Fiers...a guy who has had a rough start this year but has always been healthy and solid and could come in and be either the new #2 or 3 depending on JVs health?

Jake Odorizzi? In a heartbeat

We still have a chance to win it all this year and that might not be the case in future years. Obviously I'd love to get more for him but yeah I'd be OK with that type of return for a guy who might never see the big leagues.

JV
Greinke
Odorizzi
Framber

McCullers to the bullpen for the playoffs where he excels. I like that a lot. Obviously the Twins aren't going to make that trade as they are in the playoffs as well, but he's the first guy that came to mind when thinking of someone like Fiers, a workhorse type of guy on an expiring contract.
tjack16
AG
Not making this thread political... strictly talking sports and baseball games.

I wont be surprised if this NBA boycott carries over into baseball. Sadly.
Mr.Bond
AG
tjack16 said:

Not making this thread political... strictly talking sports and baseball games.

I wont be surprised if this NBA boycott carries over into baseball. Sadly.

Highly doubtful. Have any of these players even watched the ****ing video? Christ I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.