****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,607 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Why is Toro batting in front of Tucker?

Split up the lefties.
Cromagnum
AG
No Alvarez.
No Bregman.
No Yuli.
And lots of bad plate decisions, and a couple of bad running decisions.
Beat40
I don't understand keeping Yuli on the bench.
W
AG
this is why I just hate it when players get days off.

Hinch did this garbage too. Every game counts.

you can rest after the division has been clinched
Mathguy64
AG
I'm sure Dusty will say he was planning on using Yuli for Straw. Or something equally inane.
AggiEE
Don't think that really makes a huge difference when there's such a large disparity in talent
Buck Compton
AG
W said:

It's even worse this year though with a 60 game season. Let Yuli play. **** this give up a game **** by letting Toro and other scrubs play.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
W said:

Man I totally agree with this. Players getting days off plus our injuries means we literally never have our best possible lineup out there.

Do other teams do the same thing?
Beat40
W said:

But for Hinch it made sense because there are 162 games and we didn't have the massive amount of injuries we did.

Every game does not count as equally in a 162 game season as it does a 60.

I think Hinch did also had our guys generally more rested for the playoffs than if they played hardcore everyday until the division was clinched.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Cal Ripken played like 30 consecutive seasons worth of games but we give guys off every 6 games in a mfkn 60 game season.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Beat40 said:

W said:

But for Hinch it made sense because there are 162 games and we didn't have the massive amount of injuries we did.

Every game does not count as equally in a 162 game season as it does a 60.

I think Hinch did also had our guys generally more rested for the playoffs than if they played hardcore everyday until the division was clinched.

In addition, hinch also sucked.
Farmer1906
AG
If by suck you mean he was a fantastic manager, the year.
EagleAg19
I haven't been paid much attention to twitter this season but has any team piled on the way they have in the last 5 minutes? Good lord were they prepared
Beat40
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Cal Ripken played like 30 consecutive seasons worth of games but we give guys off every 6 games in a mfkn 60 game season.
If you can only name one guy....
Beat40
redline248
AG
I still can't believe Toro batted 5th and Yuli didn't pinch hit.

I guess Dusty hasn't seen enough from Sneed
BCSGrubber
AG
Can we trade Toro and some really nice gift cards to Pittsburgh for Colin Moran
bearkatag15
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Can we trade Toro and some really nice gift cards to Pittsburgh for Colin Moran
I'd like Teoscar Hernandez back as well
BCSGrubber
AG
McCullers did an Interview with Jayson Stark and Doug Glainville on Starks Athletic podcast.

Quote:

And McCullers recoiled at the accusation the Astros were "snitching" on anyone. In fact, he pivoted by turning the tables on ex-teammate Mike Fiers, who was quoted by name in The Athletic story that revealed the Astros' sign-stealing techniques. Other sources, who asked not to be named, said the same as Fiers, both to The Athletic and to Major League Baseball. Nevertheless, McCullers made it clear the Astros haven't forgotten what Fiers did, by saying: "By the way, there was only one snitch. And that's the person who spoke to The Athletic
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BCSGrubber said:

McCullers did an Interview with Jayson Stark and Doug Glainville on Starks Athletic podcast.

Quote:

And McCullers recoiled at the accusation the Astros were "snitching" on anyone. In fact, he pivoted by turning the tables on ex-teammate Mike Fiers, who was quoted by name in The Athletic story that revealed the Astros' sign-stealing techniques. Other sources, who asked not to be named, said the same as Fiers, both to The Athletic and to Major League Baseball. Nevertheless, McCullers made it clear the Astros haven't forgotten what Fiers did, by saying: "By the way, there was only one snitch. And that's the person who spoke to The Athletic

For anyone interested, here's the podcast (McCullers part starts at 9:08):

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/starkville-with-jayson-stark-and-doug-glanville/id1479151019?i=1000488443350
BCSGrubber
AG
Thanks didn't know it was free
bearkatag15
AG
ESPN predicts realistic trades for 8 teams...

Mathguy64
AG
I continue to wonder about Yasiel Puig. He's out there for free. Originally he was signing with the Braves back in mid July and tested +. The Braves balked and he's now a FA. We need a full time DH and he's not going to cost a dime. He would beat the hell out of seeing Abraham Toro at DH. Maybe they figure we are covered with Brantley coming that you have a DH in Springer/Brantley/Tucker, whoever isn't in the field.
mwm
No. No. No. I see the guy as a cancer that would add nothing to the clubhouse except problems.
Wait for Brantley to return either as DH or a platoon with Tucker/Reddick. IMO.
agdaddy04
AG
Exactly. Don't need another Carlos Gomez.
Thinice
Saw Brock Holt was just DFA'd by Brewers, he's a good clubhouse guy, wonder if we would consider.
StoutAg
AG
I don't get why Puig isn't on a team. Astros should definitely kick the tires on him instead of Toro.

Edit: Just saw the responses about him being a cancer. Never mind!
MaxPower
I don't know that Puig is a cancer. He's a bit of an oddball but I haven't heard of teammates complaining about him.
Mr.Bond
AG
We have a veteran locker room full of leaders. Puig wouldn't be an issue in that environment
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
We have a veteran Cuban in Yuli for him to talk to. That would be a big bonus.
mwm
On second thought, Puig was on the 2017 Dodgers' WS roster. If we signed him, maybe he'd spill the beans on how the Dodgers were stealing our signs.
bluefire579
AG
Thinice said:

Saw Brock Holt was just DFA'd by Brewers, he's a good clubhouse guy, wonder if we would consider.
If I were a division rival, I'd sign him. Dude would have a hall of fame career if he played against us every game.

Kind of like Jason Kendall back in the day.
agdaddy04
AG
Don't you start wondering why he's not on a team? Astros aren't the only team with injuries
MaxPower
agdaddy04 said:

Don't you start wondering why he's not on a team? Astros aren't the only team with injuries
I think it's money. He waited too long then covid hit. He might still want too much money because he might believe he's better off not playing than playing for peanuts and having a bad month cost him a deal next year.
bearkatag15
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.