****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,137 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Using the right handed DH Jones instead of left handed Tucker against LHP Kikuchi. Seems like best time to give the kid a shot
bearkatag15
AG
Pretty good looking spray chart

dshedd41
S

Going to give Taylor a follow. Show him some support
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
I think the team needs to get a good look at Taylor Jones this year so they can make a decision one way or the other on Yuli.

Throw in the fact that Tucker still hasn't shown that he can hit anything other than a ground ball to the right side or a pop up in foul territory I've got no problem giving the youngster the start.
tjack16
AG
mathguy86 said:

tjholley16 said:

mathguy86 said:

Taylor Jones at DH. The Lizard with his first real WTF moment and it took 3 games to happen.

I'm guessing he knows our other 8 guys will produce so he's just trying to get a gauge for who could be good off the bench options. It's also good to get Jones some ABs since Yuli will need a day off and Diaz is hurt

I'd rather Jones get his first start now out of the way rather than in the middle of an important series against the As or Dodgers

Totally disagree. The club IMHO has completely mishandled Tucker. He should be getting every AB he can get. If he can't be the starting DH right now with Yordan out then how can you trust him anywhere?

While I agree tucker should be getting more ABs... Jones might be our future 1B soon with Yuli getting older and a FA next year
mike_ags_fan12
mike_ags_fan12
Only remaining undefeated team in the AL
Deluxe
AG
I haven't seen too many signs of Yuli slowing down. He's 36 (could be older than that for all as know) but had the best year of his MLB career last year (by far) and he played better as the year went on.

Seems like an ideal candidate to be a productive player without huge financial commitment... which our front office seems to value. Doubt he wants to play anywhere else. I think we could keep him for 1-2 year tack on deals for as long as the relationship is mutually beneficial.

Taylor Jones panning out would be a nice bonus given our run of stinker prospects at 1B. Don't think we need to be rushing to replace Yuli with him tho.
07ag
AG
wishing ya'll a happy national leaf blower day!

https://ts.la/eric59704
Cromagnum
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Could be looking at the first game cancelled because of COVID. Looks like the Marlins have 4 positive results today.

Mathguy64
AG
They have 30 on the roster for a reason. They should be playing.
bearkatag15
AG
looks like they are. just a coincidence that the news about the multiple positives came out right before her tweet about a potential delayed start.
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. But this is what will kill the season. Get a team that has a boatload of positives and next thing you know they have to start forfeiting and at the same time the transmission cascade grabs a second team.
W
AG
the game has started in Philly
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You could let the Marlins had 12 guys on the field and get 5 outs per inning and they'd still finish in last. If guys are sick, get Jeter down there to fill in at short.
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
07ag said:

wishing ya'll a happy national leaf blower day!

Forgot about this... that's awesome.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
mathguy86 said:

Yeah. But this is what will kill the season. Get a team that has a boatload of positives and next thing you know they have to start forfeiting and at the same time the transmission cascade grabs a second team.

Such a small chance of transmission to another team...
linkdude
AG
Rio Ruiz with a 2 run shot for the O's in Boston.
mike_ags_fan12
Back to back to back games where the first pitch has been an out
mwm
Bregman will go yard today..,
Bregxit
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Back to back to back games where the first pitch has been an out

First pitch was taken for a ball.
n_touch
Guarantee you the Yankees have 4 pop positive and miss two weeks the season is done. This has been my thinking the whole time, we mat start but it prob wont finish. Sad because most of the guys would prob just play through like they do any other cold
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
These grunts are great
Buck Compton
AG
****ing umps at it again.

Weird chopper infield single then a solid double after Greinke fell behind on what was actually a strike.
Mathguy64
AG
Seager just kills us. Fortunately the rest of the mariners suck.
bearkatag15
AG
I'm tired of Kyle Lewis and Kyle Seager
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I'm tired of Kyle Lewis and Kyle Seager

Next time they come to Houston we should get them Taco Bell room service ... that'll keep them out of the game the next day
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
He tagged that one
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
They better not get these calls either.
Mr.Bond
AG
Cmon ZG.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

W
AG
a revolting development
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.