****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,933 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That loud banging noise is the bat destroying the ball.
TarponChaser
The Astros' resilience is a testament to being a veteran ballclub hardened by postseason experience. Even with all the youth filling in the veteran presence is evident.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The pitching injury lottery today was won by the Rays.
Mathguy64
AG
At what point to owners, players and the MLBPA decide that the injuries are more than they are willing to bear?
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

The pitching injury lottery today was won by the Rays.
deleted?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nope. Rays pitcher chirinos has a season ending elbow injury requiring Tommy John.
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nope. Rays pitcher chirinos has a season ending elbow injury requiring Tommy John.
Ok, tweet was not showing up for me. Thanks,
Beat40
Ready to see Tatis Jr tonight!

Hoping the pitching stays hot and we can get a series win!

Would be a heck of a lot of fun to run this win streak jl to 10.

A's and Angels series this weekend. Here's to hoping we can gain a game...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Hes not lying. We aren't going to replace JV, Bregs or Yordan.

Having said that I am somewhat surprised that no one is testing out Puig. He could be a DH for us.
tjack16
AG
It's scary that he included bregman in that sentence when he's "supposed" to only be out for a week ...
YNWA_AG
AG
We don't have the prospects to do anything close to that.
tjack16
AG
I'm fine with us not making any moves this season. Imagine if we gave up a bunch of prospects for a great rental, then the season gets shut down

Let's just build the young guys up for 2021 and beyond, while trying to keep guys healthy to make a playoff run this year
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm fine with us not making any moves this season. Imagine if we gave up a bunch of prospects for a great rental, then the season gets shut down

Let's just build the young guys up for 2021 and beyond, while trying to keep guys healthy to make a playoff run this year

I completely agree. There is no reason to mortgage next year for a season that still remains a question mark.

And to be honest, if the Astros win it all this year, I'd be happy, but it wouldn't be the same as 2017 or even almost winning it last year. A championship this year, imo, would not carry the same weight as a regular championship.
Buck Compton
AG
While I agree this year is different and not to sell off any prospects (besides, the first one is always the sweetest)... if we Find a way to win after all the offseason **** and injuries, I'm going to be acting like it's just as good as the first giving double birds to all the haters.
agproducer
AG
Buck Compton said:

While I agree this year is different and not to sell off any prospects (besides, the first one is always the sweetest)... if we Find a way to win after all the offseason **** and injuries, I'm going to be acting like it's just as good as the first giving double birds to all the haters.

Oh, I'm not saying if they win in the face of all this adversity that I won't be shouting a big, "Eff you," to all the haters. I will still do that. But even if the Astros do win, the championship will still be discounted.
TarponChaser
Buck Compton said:

Harry Dunne
agproducer said:

Buck Compton said:

Oh, I'm not saying if they win in the face of all this adversity that I won't be shouting a big, "Eff you," to all the haters. I will still do that. But even if the Astros do win, the championship will still be discounted.
A championship is a championship. People will always find a way to discount them. Jordan was retired, we cheated, short season...whatever - we will still fly the pennant and have 38474 replica ring giveaway games for all you weirdos.
Harry Dunne
Buck Compton said:

TarponChaser
Harry Dunne said:

agproducer said:

Buck Compton said:

A championship is a championship. People will always find a way to discount them. Jordan was retired, we cheated, short season...whatever - we will still fly the pennant and have 38474 replica ring giveaway games for all you weirdos.

For the record, the replica rings went to my boys who were 8 & 4 at the time.
Farmer1906
AG
W
AG
apparently the Angels (8-18) have matched their worst 26-game start in franchise history.

keep spending money on old guys and position players
W
AG
good chance for more triples this weekend.

Petco's power alleys are massive. 382 ft to rightfield and 390 ft to leftcenter
agdaddy04
AG
After seeing the lineup tonight, made me wonder how the NL fan bases are dealing with full-time DH. Think it'll be permanent?
Mathguy64
AG
Yes
Beat40
agdaddy04 said:

After seeing the lineup tonight, made me wonder how the NL fan bases are dealing with full-time DH. Think it'll be permanent?

I think they will vocalize that they hate it (not true baseball as it was meant to be played, blah, blah, blah) but they secretly love it.
Cromagnum
AG
The Padres uniforms look pretty sharp
W
AG
George into the corner to open the 1st
Mathguy64
AG
So is George officially fixed?
W
AG
Altuve still hitting
jetch17
AG
Nice start
W
AG
would like to see the BA get to .250
Mathguy64
AG
So is Jose officially fixed?
tjack16
AG
Cromagnum said:

The Padres uniforms look pretty sharp

Never thought brown and yellow would look good together But I have to say I agree they have good looking uniforms now
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.