****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,173 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know it's not a popular opinion around here but if I'm Click I at least shop around and see what I can get for the impending free agents and Greinke. This team can still make the playoffs but I'm not convinced much damage can be done with this many guys hurt or on the mend, specifically in an expanded playoffs with a crapshoot best of 3 first round. Some team desperate just to make the playoffs might be willing to overpay.
Mathguy64
AG
We could have swapped Perez for Biagini and brought up either another pitcher or another bat.
linkdude
AG
I think Greinke is still a piece you need next year
Farmer1906
AG
I am not a fan of halfway going for it. This team is still
loaded without Alvarez. JV & Osuna aren't ruled out yet. Bregman & Brantley will be back. However, I'm not sure we can afford to lose much else (via trade or injury). Unless you full on fire sale and trade away Greinke, Verlander, all 3 OFs, Correa, anyone it here in 2022 then so you can start making WS runs in 2023-2026 then it's not worth it to me. But you better be damn sure you're ready to rebuild and sacrifice 2020, 2021, & maybe 2022.
Ag_07
AG
This is nowhere near a team in sell mode
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

This is nowhere near a team in sell mode
That's right.

Don't forget that there were a couple of 10-year windows between Astros playoff appearances. Just getting to the playoffs (which we are probably going to do) is a big deal...and anyone that gets there has a chance. You've got to go all out and make whatever moves you can because future opportunities are not guaranteed.

Even without Yordan and JV, this is still a much better roster than the 2015 Royals and several other WS champs. If you're in the tournament with our best healthy lineup and heat up, you've got a chance and you don't bail out while you still have a chance.
Ag_07
AG
Exactly

Playoff teams and contenders don't blow it up to be a playoff team and contender years down the road.
Harry Dunne
Just want to remind anyone that our current winning % would be on pace for 95 wins in a 162 game season.

Also want to remind everyone that Mike Fiers and his 5.22 ERA got the most starts in 2017 and at one point in June we were so injured that our starting rotation (for several turns through the rotation) was:

Mike Fiers
David Paulino
Joe Musgrove
Francis Martes
Brad Peacock

CFM was out from May 24 to July 7
Keuchel was out from June 2 to July 28
McCullers and McHugh were in and out all season
JV was a Tiger until the trade deadline.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Exactly

Playoff teams and contenders don't blow it up to be a playoff team and contender years down the road.
Just shows how spoiled we are. If we're not the favorite to win it all then we want to blow it up.
Ag_07
AG
Don't forget how decimated the 2019 Yankees were with injuries. They ended up getting healthy and made a deep run to Gm 6 of the ALCS.

Just keep winning games and getting guys back one by one and come playoff time it's a new ballgame.
Mr.Ackar07
Ag_07 said:

Don't forget how decimated the 2019 Yankees were with injuries. They ended up getting healthy and made a deep run to Gm 6 of the ALCS when they were taken deep.

Just keep winning games and getting guys back one by one and come playoff time it's a new ballgame.
FIFY

bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

Don't forget how decimated the 2019 Yankees were with injuries. They ended up getting healthy and made a deep run to Gm 6 of the ALCS.

speaking of the Yankees, they are getting hit with the injury bug as well. Britton went on the IL today and Gleyber Torres was pulled out of their game with a presumed injury. Add to that Judge and Stanton are on the IL already.
htxag09
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Ag_07 said:

Don't forget how decimated the 2019 Yankees were with injuries. They ended up getting healthy and made a deep run to Gm 6 of the ALCS when they were taken deep.

FIFY

Can't take the smile off my face when I see this. Called my mom that morning and told her to drive to houston for the game and I'd find tickets. Still remember jumping up and down with her after this homerun. She passed away after a long battle with breast cancer this past May.
gougler08
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Ag_07 said:

FIFY

Altuve would whiff on that pitch this year
Bregxit
AG
What the hell happened there?
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit said:

I guess he thought time was called when the batter stepped out.
Ag_07
AG
If 2020 were a pitch
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bregxit said:

I guess he thought time was called when the batter stepped out.

I'm watching on mute while the kids are doing school. I just saw Blackmon flinch, Javier stop his delivery and the ball took off...

That said nice recovery by Javier.
htxag09
AG
I think TK's response was the best part
Bregxit
AG
Josh keeps on hitting
07ag
AG
TED keeps on tripling

edit: should we call him Sam Crawford instead?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Deluxe
AG
GD I wanna give Farmer a hug right now
Bregxit
AG
Good Lord another triple...is this 1983?!?
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
Holy crap!!!
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Mathguy64
AG
Triple machine.
bluefire579
AG
Ted channeling his inner Gattis
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Don't act like this wasnt inevitable.

htxag09
AG
After seeing at bats like that I wonder how toro has any hits.
Ag_07
AG
Deluxe said:

No you don't. At least not until he cleans himself up
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm waiting for the Thanos edit...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
OPS up to .738
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm waiting for the Thanos edit...
I may have to commission someone to do it.
htxag09
AG
Machete!!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 353 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.