****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,603,037 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Rangers postgame dork says Tatis is in the same league as Trout. Geez dude.

2. As now lead the entire AL with the same run differential as us.

3. One thru seven are only separated by 3 games. This season is nuts.
Agmaniacmike12
Bases loaded situations are not treating the Rangers well at all in that series.
mazag08
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

How dare he bat flip and celebrate! Woodward gonna have to call him out to the press now.

Roughned Odor is going to punch him tomorrow.. right after he gets done watching his brother Roughned Odor jerk off other teammates.
bearkatag15
AG
Quote:

Time to quit kidding ourselves and trade what we can get value for. Lynn, Hernandez, Montero, even Gallo. We need a complete rebuild. This team has too many holes.
from their thread... they are realizing their role this season
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Quote:

Time to quit kidding ourselves and trade what we can get value for. Lynn, Hernandez, Montero, even Gallo. We need a complete rebuild. This team has too many holes.
from their thread... they are realizing their role this season

I have been telling them this for 4 years now.

But they think they're just Arenado or Kershaw away.
bearkatag15
AG

context is key...
Farmer1906
AG

It's too bad we don't play the Reds this year.
bearkatag15
AG
I like stat tweets... sorry

W
AG
Astros soar to #15 in OPS after tonight's game at Coors.

(were sitting at #23 twenty-four hours ago)
W
AG
Rays 5-1 vs. the Yankees after winning again tonight
Deluxe
AG
Trevor Bauer is lucky to be born in an age when being a narcissistic sociopathic troll is a celebrated quality
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

1. Rangers postgame dork says Tatis is in the same league as Trout. Geez dude.

2. As now lead the entire AL with the same run differential as us.

3. One thru seven are only separated by 3 games. This season is nuts.
ESPN ran some dumb article semi suggesting the same thing last week.
htxag09
AG
https://www.facebook.com/91703305430/posts/10163899312870431/?vh=e&extid=DTYITJYXlpPHqqf9

Do the Astros do this every game? Never noticed it before. But as someone who's sleep was going in the ****ter and made a vow to no longer start watching the 8 pm games, I like it. And I made this vow August 12. So no turning back now.
Mathguy64
AG
The hard part is that every game is a different time. Our home game is 8:10. Then a game at home is at 1:10. Then the next night a game in Colorado is 7:40. Then today the game is in Colorado at 2:10. There is literally no set routine.

Thanks again MLB for screwing up something simple.
agproducer
AG
htxag09 said:

https://www.facebook.com/91703305430/posts/10163899312870431/?vh=e&extid=DTYITJYXlpPHqqf9

Do the Astros do this every game? Never noticed it before. But as someone who's sleep was going in the ****ter and made a vow to no longer start watching the 8 pm games, I like it. And I made this vow August 12. So no turning back now.

Yes. You will get the complete recap. I've noticed it is the same highlight package you get in MLB Network Quick Pitch.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, it's weird as hell and hard to follow. I'd miss starts if it weren't for technology and me having a widget in my phone that I see daily.

Worst part for me is I have never been able to turn a game off, doesn't matter if we're up by 10 or down by 10. Plus I typically wake up before 5 to workout, the 8 pm games that end at midnight were killing me. Especially since it's so many.
agdaddy04
AG
The day games are a given on the two game series it seems like.
htxag09
AG
Seems day games are following the same schedule as always. They are on a travel day. Just seems like there are more this year as they squeezed the schedules. But I agree it's less consistent the time of said day games.
Mathguy64
AG
I get the "getaway" times. But why in the world was last night at 7:40 in Colorado when our home games are pushed back to 8:10? Thats the idiot part. I thought all games involving mixed time zones were supposed to be 8:10 CT.
bluefire579
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I get the "getaway" times. But why in the world was last night at 7:40 in Colorado when our home games at pushed back to 8:10? Thats the idiot part. I thought all games involving mixed time zones were supposed to be 8:10 CT.
Yeah, the scheduling has been so weird this season.

I do like having two getaway games in a week...with working from home, I can actually watch those, and because they're not late, I can watch the whole thing without ****ing with my sleep schedule
tjack16
AG

Wtf is this
Mathguy64
AG
That is a priceless work of art. It is greatness and I want one.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mathguy64 said:

That is a priceless work of art. It is greatness and I want one.
Here's hoping it's one of the first things the aliens see when they land.
bearkatag15
AG
The Athletic put out some analysis on pitchers and one of them was LMJ:

Quote:

Lance McCullers, Jr.
Though velocity usually returns after Tommy John surgery it's command that sometimes takes a while to come back it seems that maybe McCullers' issues right now are showing up on radar guns at the stadium. He's currently showing his worst sinker velocity by just under a full tick, and his vaunted curveball has lost almost three ticks from when it was the hardest curveball in baseball. I mean, look at this thing back in 2018:

89 mph for a knuckle curve! Even if you call it a slider, it has impressive depth for that speed. And it still does! It's just now the fifth-hardest curveball among starters instead of the hardest. Less velocity means more movement (three inches more drop now) but it also means more time for the batter to spot it, and batters are swinging less and making more contact on the pitch these days.
You usually want around 200 pitches per pitch type to get too worried about a whiff rate on a certain pitch, and none of McCullers' pitches have gotten there yet, but they're all close and only the curveball has an above-average whiff rate. In 2018, he had four pitches with above-average whiff rates and his curve was among the league leaders in that regard. Unless he gets some of that sizzle back on the breaking ball, it doesn't look likely that McCullers will get those old whiff rates back the good news is that he has a track record of getting grounders and limiting homers, and should improve the ERA to some extent.
Ag_07
AG
Is that accurate? I never thought he had a track record of getting grounders.

Thought that was a newly acquired deal and that's why the whiff rate is down.
bearkatag15
AG

He's very much a ground ball pitcher.
bearkatag15
AG
Here is Keuchel for comparison:

linkdude
AG
Re: Tucker last night
linkdude
AG
Also, lineup changes!
agdaddy04
AG
I live in Denver. Most of our games are at 6:40pm MDT.

I said "our" man I feel dirty saying that. I'll say the Rockies games... and when they're on the west coast the games are at 7:40pm MDT. Is it a NL vs AL thing?
tjack16
AG
linkdude said:

Also, lineup changes!

I think before the season Reddick in the 4 hole was probably the least likely thing to happen
Ag_07
AG
I like Carlos protecting Altuve.

Maybe he gets more FBs and can at least get going towards the right track.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Honestly I think it's helping just get the pitchers a different look instead of 6 righty's in a row. I mean if you are throwing the same breaking pitch to the same side of the plate, eventually you are going to get really good at it to consecutive batters.
Tucker is probably the main beneficiary just getting better stuff to hit by even a small margin has helped him out.
Farmer1906
AG
jetch17
AG
Farmer1906 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 352 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.