****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,227 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone understand the mlb.com blackout rules? The closest major league city to where I live is Denver, and it's an 8 hour drive. So since the Rockies are playing in Houston I can't watch the game? Is this to protect the attendance in Houston tonight?

???
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Quick reminder that the guy pitching right now, the one we brought out in a 1 run game in the 7th and now the 8th, was playing for the skeeters 2 weeks ago

Raley came from the Cards
Reds
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Quick reminder that the guy pitching right now, the one we brought out in a 1 run game in the 7th and now the 8th, was playing for the skeeters 2 weeks ago

Reds ?
Harry Dunne
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Reds ?
Red Sox
W
AG
well, here's the Rockies chance to win the game.

Josh vs. Story
Ag_07
AG
Damn auto correct
linkdude
AG
We are not trading James after 5 appearances. That's some trolling, c'mon
6-4-3
AG
Another walk by James. Shocker.
DVC2010
AG
McInnis said:

Does anyone understand the mlb.com blackout rules? The closest major league city to where I live is Denver, and it's an 8 hour drive. So since the Rockies are playing in Houston I can't watch the game? Is this to protect the attendance in Houston tonight?

???

Nobody knows who it protects. Certainly not the sport itself. I had to tell my VPN I'm in Germany to catch the game tonight.
jah003
S
Just setting up the doubl... wait... never mind.
Mathguy64
AG
McInnis said:

???

The MLB rule: We blackout any and all games that don't make sense to consumers who could possibly watch our games. We refuse to allow you to have any chance of watching a game for any team you follow unless you live in an area where you can watch it using rabbit ears and a black and white TV, or pick up the game using an AM radio the size of a car battery.
falcon09
AG
McInnis said:

???
It's about TV deals, not really attendance. Last season I couldn't stream any Astros games because I was 500 miles away in Oklahoma. This year I can't stream any games with any California teams because I'm in Hawaii, a 6 hour plane ride away.

It doesn't matter if I don't have the local channels available but I still pay for MLB.TV. It all freaking sucks.
W
AG
wow, vintage Joshua!
cap-n-jack
Good job by James there
W
AG
hey, suddenly it's nice to have burned Story in the 8th
TXAG14
Nasty slider there.
tjack16
AG
Not bad James. Not bad
Ag_07
AG
HO. LEE. CHIT
linkdude
AG
Story K's on a great slider. Big question is who gets the 9th with Pressly not available. Parades maybe?
Ag_07
AG
falcon09 said:

McInnis said:

???
It's about TV deals, not really attendance. Last season I couldn't stream any Astros games because I was 500 miles away in Oklahoma. This year I can't stream any games with any California teams because I'm in Hawaii, a 6 hour plane ride away.

It doesn't matter if I don't have the local channels available but I still pay for MLB.TV. It all freaking sucks.

Dude...You're in Hawaii
SW-14
AG
I would gladly pay for the MLB app if I could actually watch Astros games with it. Instead, I find ...other... means of watching.
Harry Dunne
Uncle Mike - what a sweet stroke.
cc10106
Great job, Josh! Nice to see Story get K'ed especially after pimping the homer earlier.
Beat40
I hope this is the James we can get the rest of the way out, just without the walk. That was good pitching from Josh.
agproducer
AG
falcon09 said:

McInnis said:

???

Smart DNS service + Roku will get around the blackout. My picture was choppy with VPN. It's not with Smart DNS.
Beat40
That was Carlos' pitch to drill and he missed it.
R-Dog
AG
McInnis said:

Does anyone understand the mlb.com blackout rules? The closest major league city to where I live is Denver, and it's an 8 hour drive. So since the Rockies are playing in Houston I can't watch the game? Is this to protect the attendance in Houston tonight???

It's all about advertising revenue. Local (to Denver) advertisers pay big money to advertise to local residents. If you watch the game on Extra Innings or something like that, you bypass those commercials.

The idea of the blackout is to force you to watch the game on the local carrier. The fallacy though is that even if you're local to Denver, you still may not have access to the Rockies broadcast if that channel isn't available on your particular TV service in which case you're screwed. That is the part of the rule they need to figure out.
Harry Dunne
Arenado looks like Javi from tbe original Narcos
falcon09
AG
Ag_07 said:

falcon09 said:

McInnis said:

???

Dude...You're in Hawaii
Definitely takes the sting off.

Still pissed about Oklahoma, mainly because I was Oklahoma. I didn't find out about the OK blackouts until the season started and no one was carrying AT&T Sportsnet in OK. Not even freaking AT&T TV
Farmer1906
AG
Just need Altuve to get on so TED can extend the lead.
linkdude
AG
Oof.
Cromagnum
AG
Black hole Ve
W
AG
whew, it is ugly for Altuve...and not getting any better.

approaching 100 at-bats for the season
Farmer1906
AG
Its a 1 run games and we are using Raley, James, & Taylor while Paredes & Pressly sit. Even if it works, I do not understand Dusty.
W
AG
linkdude said:

Story K's on a great slider. Big question is who gets the 9th with Pressly not available. Parades maybe?
looks like Blake Taylor.

has to face 3 batters
First Page Last Page
Page 322 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.