****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,258 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who dat?
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

07ag said:

BCSGrubber said:

Another ESPN hit piece based on a Joe Kelly as a top headline. BTW I guess no one asked about his time with the Red Sox.
just stop going to that website

This

I don't even watch ESPN anymore unless it's a live event that isn't on somewhere else.

Astros aside it's still a garbage network and a far cry from what it used to be.
Which is sad. I used to look forward to throwing on ESPN for the top plays and some of the best anchors in the business like Stuart Scott (RIP). Now its a clown show.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07
AG
Yeah it does suck because really there is nowhere (at least that I know of) to get the all encompassing sports news like SportsCenter used to be.

I used to throw that on the mornings and get caught up on everything.

But it sucks now, FoxSports morning shows are a joke, MLB network is just baseball which is alright sometimes but there's nowhere to get the kind of coverage that SportsCenter used to provide.
TMACsDaMan
i miss this

Mathguy64
AG
Wait. Joe Kelly claims the Astros are tattle tails? Has he given any thought to Mike Freaking Fiers in all this?

In the past players would never turn on other players like this. Steroids? Only Canseco talked and he was a pariah. Greenies? Not a soul. The drug abuse like what we saw in Anaheim? Even the spousal/girlfriend beaters get a pass. But something has changed here. Somehow Fiers got not only a pass but it's exploded into finger pointing. And what's strange is they all cheat.
Deluxe
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Wait. Joe Kelly claims the Astros are tattle tails? Has he given any thought to Mike Freaking Fiers in all this?

In the past players would never turn on other players like this. Steroids? Only Canseco talked and he was a pariah. Greenies? Not a soul. The drug abuse like what we saw in Anaheim? Even the spousal/girlfriend beaters get a pass. But something has changed here. Somehow Fiers got not only a pass but it's exploded into finger pointing. And what's strange is they all cheat.
So many ironies. Another thing I thought was funny is that 25 guys went into a room separately and each pointed the finger at Cora/Beltran, knowing that punishment awaited them if they didn't tell the truth. But Cora told Kelly it was all on the players and he believes that. What a dupe.
MaxPower
Mathguy64 said:

The bigger story here is Joe effectively admitted Red Sox players lied to the Commissioner's Office during their investigation when being honest was a condition of player immunity. I'm guessing we won't see any media coverage or interviews with Manfred pressing this issue.....
Mathguy64
AG
MaxPower said:

Mathguy64 said:

The bigger story here is Joe effectively admitted Red Sox players lied to the Commissioner's Office during their investigation when being honest was a condition of player immunity. I'm guessing we won't see any media coverage or interviews with Manfred pressing this issue.....

Manfred made that mess on his own by showing everyone our punishment first. He should have done all the work behind the scenes and come out all at once with everything. But he had to get his pound of flesh to appease the media and the whiny Bellingers of the world.
Beat40
Hopefully this series win will spark this team. The off days are necessary, but man, they suck to endure when it looks like Bregman I starting to take off and I feel like Altuve maybe be on the verge.

Really round about way to say I hate off days.
Big Al 1992
AG
I heard a shortened version of this story - here's how it happened. It's fantastic.

bearkatag15
AG
Anyone have GPS on Yordan today? I'm expecting him to be on his way to Houston for the Seattle series. It sets up too perfect to get him a good number of ABs at home before a 5 game road trip
redline248
AG
Yeah, they need to get his "live reps" in big league games. There's no time to keep screwing around in Corpus
Harry Dunne
Big Al 1992 said:

I heard a shortened version of this story - here's how it happened. It's fantastic.

This is such greatness. maybe he can "help" some of our guys out. His career OPS is about the same as tuckers. Hell, maybe he should be DHing.

Plus he can bunt!
bearkatag15
AG

yesterday was the anniversary of this epic brawl... Strom makes an appearance about halfway through
Mathguy64
AG
What in the world was Juden doing? He was in pure berzerker mode?
Bonfired
AG
John Cangelosi with a good form tackle on Juden...
iBrad
AG
So was future Astros Moises Alou. Did you see the punches he was throwing?
Ag_07
AG
Cangelosi whooped that ass
Cromagnum
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Outstanding.
Unemployed
AG
Deluxe said:

BCSGrubber said:

Another ESPN hit piece based on a Joe Kelly as a top headline. BTW I guess no one asked about his time with the Red Sox.

Lol I just read it. He chastises the Astros players while passionately defending his former cheating manager Cora. Sounds like a confused little boy posing as a tough guy.
Easy for him to run his mouth when he knows he'll never have to pick up a bat and stand in the batter's box.
cc10106
#beanjokekelly
redline248
AG
Nothing Astros related, just a moment of venting frustration...

Signed my son up for fall t-ball...got our team assignment today. In the spring before covid, we were on the Astros. Peak 2020 comes back around and this time? f-cking longhorns
Unemployed
AG
redline248 said:

Signed my son up for fall t-ball...got our team assignment today. In the spring before covid, we were on the Astros. Peak 2020 comes back around and this time? f-cking longhorns
Well, it's obvious that you need to find your boy a new team or another sport.
spadilly
S
Off days...

Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

T&P
TarponChaser
redline248 said:

I feel your pain, my youngest who's spring season was cancelled, was on the Rangers then. We'll see what the fall holds for him in 6U.
bearkatag15
AG

This is interesting... apparently he's making an appearance this weekend... If he is good at all Click needs to sign him as a bullpen arm.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearkatag15 said:

yesterday was the anniversary of this epic brawl... Strom makes an appearance about halfway through
My favorite Astro fight of all time is this one, I apologize for the atrocious video quality.

A little set-up.

This is the third game of the 1991 season. The Reds won the World Series the year before. They were already 2-0 and the Astros were on their way to a 65-97 season.

In this bizarre game, Pete Harnisch got his first start for the Astros, throwing 5 innings of no-hit ball, allowing an earned run, striking out six, and walking EIGHT.

Norm Charlton started the game for the Reds went eight innings, gave up 3 runs. They brought in Rob Dibble i the top of the ninth to try to hold the deficit at 3-1 for the bottom of the ninth.

Dibble struck out Bagwell, gave up a base hit to Tuffy Rhodes, then struck out Mark Mclemore as Rhodes stole second.

Curt Schilling, also in his first year with the Astros following the Glenn Davis trade, had pitched the 8th and they let him bat against Dibble with 2 out in the top of the ninth since he was going to pitch the ninth.

Schilling pitched about 40 games for the Orioles from 88-90 but there was no inter-league at that time, so he had zero at-bats. He had been in the minors for the Orioles since 1986 and had pitched in 128 minor-league games, and also had zero at-bats.

He singled off Dibble into right field, driving in Tuffy Rhodes. Schilling had been in pro baseball since 1986. This was his first at-bat as a pro ball player. Single off Nasty Boy Rob Dibble.

You can see what happens next. Gotta admire Eric Yelding's pluck, Dibble must have outweighed him by 70 pounds. Even better was the most legendary Astro baseball quote of all time, which came from coach Ed Ott, who attacked Dibble in the melee.

Houston coach Ed Ott, a former Pennsylvania stale high school wrestling champion, had a choke hold on Cincinnati reliever Rob Dibble at the bottom of a big pileup. "I watched him turn red, purple, then blue," Ott said. "I could have held him 45 more seconds until he turned black. Maybe now he holds more value for life, because I spared him this time."

bearkatag15
AG
That's crazy. Dude let's Schilling get a hit and thinks throwing at the next batter is a solution?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is Dibble coming off a season where he went 8-3 with a 1.74 ERA and 136 strikeouts in 98 innings. He was absolutely filthy. And throwing behind a guy is arguably more dangerous than throwing at his head given when a guy sees a pitch coming at him, he tends to naturally step back.

Back when men were men, Dibble got suspended 3 games and Yelding got 1.
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
bearkatag15
AG
So I follow Yordan's wife on IG. I know creeper alert. But I was looking for intel on his situation when he was MIA. Anyway she just posted story of their kiddo in the car with the caption "On the road again."

I'm choosing to believe he is on his way back to Houston right now and will be in the lineup tomorrow.
mwm
Manfred is a spineless, gutless sack of crap. Way worse than even Selig.
tjack16
AG
mwm said:

Manfred is a spineless, gutless sack of crap. Way worse than even Selig.

Yes he is ... but did something new just happen to cause this post?
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.