****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,396 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W
AG
Astros had 15 baserunners tonight.

giving Altuve and Brantley the nights off worked out well
dshedd41
S
Whoop!
Gig’em Aggies!
W
AG
Mariners up 4-0 on the Rangers in the 5th
Beat40
Winning Series!
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/CD0ByNgAUmi

Gig 'Em!
Big Al 1992
AG
redline248
AG
By my estimation, we need to be 12-11 vs Dodgers, Rockies, Angels, As and Padres, and 13-6 vs Seattle, Arizona, and Texas the rest of the way.
TXAG14
Going to need to average 6 runs a game if we want to come close to that.
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

By my estimation, we need to be 12-11 vs Dodgers, Rockies, Angels, As and Padres, and 13-6 vs Seattle, Arizona, and Texas the rest of the way.

I'm hoping the Padres and Rockies cool down a bit and come back down to earth over the next few weeks
Harry Dunne
What we need is to be fully healthy.

Without a fully healthy JV we don't stand a chance in the playoffs. If Rain Man keeps on dealing and JV is 100% and Yordan is still a monster and our slow starters get their heads out, this is certainly a better team than the 2015 team was.

Let's face it, this team is nowhere near as good (under any circumstances) as the last three squads were, but with all of the above we would stand a chance.
Farmer1906
AG
But the postseason is still a bit of randomness. Look at the Nats. They beat us and the Dodgers. Both teams were better, but Nats found a way to win 4. Just keep showing up and we'll win another one.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Just make the playoffs. Easily doable.
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Just make the playoffs. Easily doable.

For the next decade. That's all i ask.
Harry Dunne
Yes you have to have some luck, but you also have to have a Strasburg/Scherzer combo.

Can't remember the last team other than the Royals to win it without two or three dominant SP.
Farmer1906
AG
Depends on how you define your aces. '18 Sox had Price and he was good in 18 and stepped up in the postseason after being a choker for years. Evoldi was outstanding in the playoffs but he's far from an ace. '14 Giants didn't have much outside of Mad Bum if I am remembering right. You need pitching to step up, but you don't have to have Co Cys like we did last year.
tjack16
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
tjack16
AG
Raley crossing the line saved the game for us
PSully97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Depends on how you define your aces. '18 Sox had Price and he was good in 18 and stepped up in the postseason after being a choker for years. Evoldi was outstanding in the playoffs but he's far from an ace. '14 Giants didn't have much outside of Mad Bum if I am remembering right. You need pitching to step up, but you don't have to have Co Cys like we did last year.

2018 Chris Sale?
W
AG
regarding the playoffs...the great unknown this year is the opening best-of-3 series.

a team basically needs 1 great pitching game and 1 great hitting game to advance
W
AG
and another unknown...how good really are the teams in the AL Central?

the NL Central is horrible outside of the Cubs.

and the AL Central is feasting in interleague play (especially the Twins and Tigers).

with or without JV, I would like the Astros chances in the 1st round vs. any Central division team
Farmer1906
AG
PSully97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

2018 Chris Sale?

Right. Sale is clearly the ace but after that? Who's the Robin? You don't have to have 2 elite pitchers like the Nats or like we did, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt.
redline248
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Dusty, you're never too old to learn. Tonight you learned that you need to communicate your strategy to your players...or rather that maybe your players know better than you
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
htxag09 said:

I understand we just had a long inning, but seems like it's the norm for games this year to go 4+ hours. Are commercial breaks longer to make up for no fans in the stands?

No. I can still hit the 30sec fast forward 4x as they run off the field and comes back as the batter is stepping to the plate....except national games those are a bit longer sometimes
W
AG
Mariners collapse in Arlington --- Rangers hold onto 2nd place
Deluxe
AG
Bregman OPS+ up to 134. Not bad for a guy who typically starts slow.
wangus12
AG
redline248 said:

I didn't know Brooks pitched in Korea for 6 years.
I knew his wife (she was an absolute badass for Aggie soccer) back at A&M. The amount that they were traveling to Korea and back was nuts. Glad they are back in the states and hopefully Brooks gets an extended run in the majors.
BCSGrubber
AG
Another ESPN hit piece based on a Joe Kelly as a top headline. BTW I guess no one asked about his time with the Red Sox.
Farmer1906
AG
He's getting his opportunity for sure.
Deluxe
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Another ESPN hit piece based on a Joe Kelly as a top headline. BTW I guess no one asked about his time with the Red Sox.

Lol I just read it. He chastises the Astros players while passionately defending his former cheating manager Cora. Sounds like a confused little boy posing as a tough guy.
07ag
AG
BCSGrubber said:

just stop going to that website
https://ts.la/eric59704
mwm
Technically, Raley got a "hold" last night but he "saved" the game when he blocked Dusty's move to bring James in to pitch.
Ag_07
AG
07ag said:

BCSGrubber said:

just stop going to that website

This

I don't even watch ESPN anymore unless it's a live event that isn't on somewhere else.

Astros aside it's still a garbage network and a far cry from what it used to be.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In ESPN's perfect world, Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick would get married to each other.
First Page Last Page
Page 289 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.