****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,466 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't really want to give Jomboy clicks - anyone with the high points of his lip reading?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
It's actually a pretty fair evaluation of what happened.
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

It's actually a pretty fair evaluation of what happened.

I'll disagree. Laureno was OK to be pissed but if you know if it's because the guy can't throw a slider then you know it's not intentional. Stand there and get pissed but take your base and STFU.

Cintron probably shouldn't have egged him on but he was standing up for his players. Laureno had a little too much to say about a mistake and it was a bltch move to give him a pitching lesson.

Oh yeah...Then at the end he talks about how he hates us and how good of friends he is with Laureno. So yeah it's a bit biased.
redline248
AG
I wonder if I lose the blue star count every time my posts calling out trolls are deleted.
htxag09
AG
Agree. I honestly stopped watching when he spoke about all the times laureano has been hit but didn't once talk about the situations. Not a single one is a situation where you think about pegging a guy.
Teddy Perkins
AG
The video was funny but agreed, lots of spin in this one.
Farmer1906
AG
We clearly went throwing at home intentionally. But he's okay to be mad that he keeps getting pegged. The fact he runs a 100 meters to the dugout only to get taken down and controlled fairly easily makes he go from sympathetic to a total *****. Also, calm your happy ass down, Alex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Me when I heard Ramon Laureano had charged the Astros' dugout.

Buck Compton
AG
Laureano crowds the plate like nobody has in years. Of course he's going to get hit. Hell, it seems like most of the A's do. Probably to get on base. If it's part of your strategy, take your base like a professional and shut up like Biggio always did.

He's a punk-ass. Don't want to get hit? Don't start with your hands over the plate.
W
AG
tjack16 said:

Next 10 games are against SF, Seattle and Colorado

No reason we shouldn't go 7-3 at least in that stretch. Especially given that Alvarez might be available for the tail end
and the starting rotation is set and likely optimized for the 8-game homestand.

2 starts for Lance. 2 starts for Greinke
Ag_07
AG
W said:

tjack16 said:

No reason we shouldn't go 7-3 at least in that stretch. Especially given that Alvarez might be available for the tail end

dshedd41
S
Siap but saw this.
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
On this day last year we beat the Orioles 23-2

Good times
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

On this day last year we beat the Orioles 23-2

Good times

Won't happen this year. Due to COVID they changed the rules where the Astros are not allowed to score in double digits....I think.
Farmer1906
AG
Another one bites the dust.

Mathguy64
AG
All these pitcher injuries are stacking up. At some point players are going to start looking at this and opt of of the season for fear of a long term injury due to poor preparation.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

So I had a guy that used to work for the Astros tell me the reason the team didn't resign Charlie was they feared injury to his shoulder.

Obviously we would have liked to have had him last year and it seems like this year is just one of many.

Really wonder how he holds up next year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

So I had a guy that used to work for the Astros tell me the reason the team didn't resign Charlie was they feared injury to his shoulder.

Obviously we would have liked to have had him last year and it seems like this year is just one of many.

Really wonder how he holds up next year.
Next year is an option year on his contract, he may retire.
Beat40
Really need a win tonight or tomorrow to get this thing on the tracks a a little bit.

Really need to see Altuve start to make some progress. As he goes, the Astros go.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm desperately waiting on a tweet from someone saying that Yordan has been added to the 28 man roster for tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
On a good note, Giants pitching has been equally bad this last week.
tjack16
AG
would be nice to see LMJ have a quality start tonight. Need to get him on track

Any guesses on when suspensions are going to be handed out today from the game yesterday?
W
AG
Ag_07 said:

W said:

tjack16 said:

he's all we got
W
AG
and for Lance...free agency is just a year away (after the 2021 season).

if he wants to get paid...he better get it together soon
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is cool.

bearkatag15
AG
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Maybe our offense will be better now
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

On a good note, Giants pitching has been equally bad this last week.

Whatever gets Altuve back on track!
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

I'm ok with this as long as none of our players receive a suspension.
cwpaggie07
AG
Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

As long none of the stros players are suspended, I'm good with it. Basednon how the season has started there hasn't been much hitting, or coaching of hitting for that matter
cwpaggie07
AG
cwpaggie07 said:

Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

As long none of the stros players are suspended, I'm good with it. Based on how the season has started there hasn't been much hitting, or coaching of hitting for that matter
tjack16
AG
cwpaggie07 said:

Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

As long none of the stros players are suspended, I'm good with it. Basednon how the season has started there hasn't been much hitting, or coaching of hitting for that matter

Only player I could see possibly getting one is Garneau .... which would be stupid but then again when has the MLB done anything smart in the last 8 months
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Agreed. Hopefully Laureano gets 10+ games. There was alot of jawing going on and he charged the Astros dugout knowing full well the league has zero tolerance for that behavior right now. Total idiot who deserves every game of punishment he gets.

Cintron deserves a couple games for instigating, but talking s*** is one thing, taking action is another. I am kinda looking forward to the tears when another player bites the dust for coming at the Astros.
Deluxe
AG
Since we'll probably never get a chance to take a shot at Fiers, it would be pretty awesome if we came up with a creative scheme to get retribution...

For example, the A's have a hot headed center fielder who's playing good baseball and has a chip on his shoulder against his former team that couldn't find room for him on their 40. Instead of taking one revengeful shot, the Astros nick him up with a few breaking balls in the back. Knowing he'll be frustrated and tensions will be high, an Astros bench coach goads him into a physical altercation. His resulting 10+ game suspension was the plan all along.
bluefire579
AG
This is neat. The pirates are sending balls to the folks if they land in their seat.

First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.