****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,051 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm suddenly reminded that we will still make the playoffs, and a 3 game series is a total crapshoot anyways... so who cares?

LAA and gayngers. They're 1.5 games behind the team on a 3 game losing streak
agproducer
AG
This is what? The 5th extra innings game the Astros have played this year? And the 4th on the road? This extra innings format sucks. It really ****ing sucks.

Granted, the Astros have played like ****, but these rules are Mickey Mouse beer league softball bull*****

Manfred can go eff himself. Look at all the injuries across the league. We have lost JV, Osuna, Pruitt, Peacock, Urquidy. Pressley has been banged up. Springets had been hurt. So has Brantley. And we are only 13 games into this shortened season. Now, we may be ****ed for 2021.

I'm not cliff jumping yet, but this looks like a triple A team with a couple of superstars. These games are so frustrating to watch.

I'm really disappointed.
Farmer1906
AG
As are now 6-1 in games decided by 1-2 runs and that doesn't count 2 other walk offs. They're dominating close games.

We're 1-5.

W
AG
have to track the loss column in the event COVID makes winning % the determinate:

7 - Astros
8 - Rangers
9 - Angels
10- Mariners

Beat40
That's the tough part for me. It's not like we're just off. We literally had our whole BP decimated, so it's not like it's really going to get better until we can get even one or two guys back.

I'm most frustrated the top of the order outside of George isn't doing damage with guys on base.
Bregxit
AG
07ag said:

vbiwoiggfjknqqwoirui4e5u23094uignjvldknfaujreffffffffffffffffffff
What does an Icelandic volcano have to do with any of this?
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Kinda feel for Sneed. Hopefully he can keep it together mentally or else this new rule is gonna kill his career. I know they had a 1 run lead tonight, but imagine inheriting a runner on 2nd damn near every time you're called with almost 0 run support.

Talk about no room for error.
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

That's the tough part for me. It's not like we're just off. We literally had our whole BP decimated, so it's not like it's really going to get better until we can get even one or two guys back.

I'm most frustrated the top of the order outside of George isn't doing damage with guys on base.

Pitching is decimated. The top of the order has been meh. This team right now is just not clutch at all.

I'm hopeful they will turn things around, but honestly, I don't see a while lot of help coming.
W
AG
in the past 3 seasons, we've seen the Astros do a lot of damage against elite pitching; but not this year.

in the 3 games vs. the Dodgers and A's...the team has scored a grand total of 6 runs in 35 innings.

no multi-run innings / no crooked numbers. Just getting completely dominated
Cromagnum
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

That was one of the worst pitched innings I've seen in a very long time.

Did you miss the 9 run inning the other day?
Deluxe
AG
Paredes looked good tho?
mazag08
AG
W said:

in the past 3 seasons, we've seen the Astros do a lot of damage against elite pitching; but not this year.

in the 3 games vs. the Dodgers and A's...the team has scored a grand total of 6 runs in 35 innings.

Most of our all stars seem to have enjoyed their time off, including Altuve and Bregman.
Harry Dunne
JV is probably toast.

With so many teams in contention, this could be a chance to replenish the farm system at the trade deadline.

Reddick, Yuli & Brantley probably not coming back. Its time to give the young guys a shot. I know we will likely still make the playoffs, but don't have the pitching to win it and don't have the pieces to trade for more pitching, especially with so many teams competing for arms this year.

Of course a playoff-capable JV changes all of this.
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

JV is probably toast.

With so many teams in contention, this could be a chance to replenish the farm system at the trade deadline.

Reddick, Yuli & Brantley probably not coming back. Its time to give the young guys a shot.
You trading talking about trading expiring contracts? Just unload our outfield and 1B?
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

JV is probably toast.

Reddick, Yuli & Brantley probably not coming back. Its time to give the young guys a shot.
You trading talking about trading expiring contracts? Just unload our outfield and 1B?
Yes, assuming JV is not back.
Marvin
AG
W said:

Pitching has struggled, admittedly, but at least they have the injury excuse for the most part. We really needed James and McCullers to shine and they've stunk.

This offense, the one that was supposed to be historic, has been a whopping dud. Meh doesn't cut it. I don't care how many runs they have scored, the eyeball test says Springer, Altuve, Bregman, Gurriel and Tucker are not doing their parts. They better be the opposite of meh. Strikeouts are up and homers are non-existent. Having to rely on Maldonado, Reddick and Toro to generate the needed runs is more than a crapshoot. It's a fine little recipe for a 6-7 start.

The good news is that today is another day and they can get it going this afternoon. Here's hoping!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
I dont have any hope of JV being back this season. We have to prepare as if he's not until told otherwise
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

JV is probably toast.

Sell, Mortimer, SELL!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
07ag
AG
Bregxit said:

07ag said:

vbiwoiggfjknqqwoirui4e5u23094uignjvldknfaujreffffffffffffffffffff
What does an Icelandic volcano have to do with any of this?
i think i'll book a trip there for this fall.

last time i did that (2015) we unexpectedly turned things around and made a playoff run
https://ts.la/eric59704
Harry Dunne
Marvin said:

bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

JV is probably toast.

Sell, Mortimer, SELL!

Exactly!

Great movie.
Farmer1906
AG
Remember when they wanted TED and more for Boyd last year? Greinke >>>> Boyd. Thank you, Jeff.

bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Remember when they wanted TED and more for Boyd last year? Greinke >>>> Boyd. Thank you, Jeff.

Thank god we didn't push harder for Boyd. I believe we were interested at one point. I was preaching that he was a fluke.
Mathguy64
AG
13 games in and we have already used 19 pitchers. 19. I just cannot get over that.

Wait. Yahoo says 19. Espn says 20. It's worse.

Look at that WHIP column. And for some reason we used Sneed and not Taylor in the 13th. I'm sorry, but trotting a guy out In extra innings with an inherited runner and no outs and with a WHIP over 2, I don't know what anyone expects but to give up at least 1 run.

The A's have used 9 relievers. The highest WHIp is 1.33. Half are below 1.00. Is there any doubt why they are winning?
astros4545
AG
Just wanna say I've had a lot of fun watching the first 6 innings of the last two Greinke started games

He is fun to watch. Shame I turned the games off once he leaves the game
Ag_07
AG
WELL STOP TURNING THEM OFF
bearkatag15
AG

I'm incredibly excited for this kid.
Ags #1
AG
Literally everyone knows sneed is the worst pitcher in the pen, Well everyone except Dusty
W
AG
another area hurting the Astros is the bench. The bench has been a dud.

the 'stros have struggled in extra innings...and naturally that's where the bench gets called upon.

we've seen bench players with the A's and Dodgers come up with enormous RBI hits in extra innings
bearkatag15
AG
Diaz and Yordan being out are killing the bench.
Z100
AG
How much of the Cy Sneed 13th inning 0-2, 2 out pitch to Austin Allen is on Maldonado? Seems like something high and in or out of the zone was required there instead of the exact same pitch as the previous one.
bearkatag15
AG

No springer still
TRM
AG
How do you all see the bullpen shaping up the rest of the year?

Pressly -Closer
Paredes, Taylor - Setup
Scrubb, Devo (if healthy), Peacock (if healthy) -6th and 7th
Javier/Valdez/Bielak - long relief when Urquidy comes back

Where do the rest of the guys fit in?

bearkatag15
AG
TRM said:

Where do the rest of the guys fit in?

They don't
bearkatag15
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.