Top MLB Prospects

1,135 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by coastalAg
Dhenson87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need some help Ags. I'm in an AL only Fantasy Baseball keeper league. For those with a strong opinion, would love your thoughts on Top 5 Minor Leaguers in order. Thanks in advance!
Farmer1906
AG
Your best bet it just to look at the top prospect lists from Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, Fangraphs, etc.

_lefraud_
AG
Luis Robert, OF, Chicago White Sox
Jo Adell, OF, Los Angeles Angels
A.J. Puk, SP, Oakland Athletics
Nate Pearson, SP, Toronto Blue Jays
Evan White, 1B, Seattle Mariners
investorAg83
AG
Adding:

Joey Bart - with Posey sitting out he may get an opportunity a lot sooner than expected.
Dylan Carlson - may get some reps by midseason with a DH in the NL. He's one of my favorites in the minors but the OF in St Louis is looking ok right now
Alec Bohm - worth keeping an eye on...Kingery is currently the projected starter at 3b and he's tested positive for Covid. His defense still needs some work but his bat is ready. He's taking reps at first right now.

The Tigers should be terrible and I doubt they make things interesting...but if they do...Casey Mize is ridiculous.

Edit: Haha...missed the 'AL Only' part of the post. I wondered how so many were left off the first list.

AL Only:

If Jesus Luzardo counts (he had something like 12 innings last year in the majors), he's up there.
Kopech for the CWS is a high risk, high reward after Tommy John.
coastalAg
AG
Wander Franco
Adley Rutschman
Jo Adell
Luis Robert
Jesus Luzardo
investorAg83
AG
Wander is going to be a beast and IMO is the best of the bunch in the long term but I doubt he sniffs the majors anytime soon. This season is going to be interesting though.
coastalAg
AG
Yeah the shortened season changes things some. My take is that any prospect without a starting job right now will have fewer chances to win regular playing time over 60 games than in a normal season. More incentive to be aggressive for someone like Wander imo, as the mlb ready guys wont provide as much value in 2020.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.